The Humantay Lake Tour will take you to one of the most beautiful natural sites around Cusco. Situated in the mountain range of Vilcabamba, is where awaits you a true hidden beauty – the Humantay Lake. The glacial lake’s intense emerald waters are hypnotizing and just as astonishing as its remarkable altitude of 4,200 m. or 13,780 ft. above sea level.
Surrounded by an impressive landscape, amongst which one can marvel at the Apu Humantay and Apu Salkantay, the hike is worth all the effort.
If you have one day to spare and the desire to be awed by nature, our Humantay Lake Tour is the perfect opportunity for you to be mesmerized by nature and get elevated by the views (not just in altitude meters).
- Tour Start: 04.30 am, Pick up from your hotel
- End of Tour: 18.30 pm, Drop off at your hotel
|Duration: 1 Day
|Altitude: 4,200 m.a.s.l
|Season: All year
Full Day Tour Itinerary: Cusco – Soraypampa – Humantay Lake – Cusco.
The Humantay Lake Tour begins with the pick-up from your hotel from 4:30 am to 5:00 am.
Don’t worry, you can sleep in the car as we drive for 2 hours and 30 minutes to Mollepata, where we will serve you a delicious breakfast to give you enough strength for the hike. Then we will continue the journey for 1 hour and 30 minutes to Soraypampa, arriving at an altitude of 3,900 m. / 12,795 ft.
From Soraypampa we will start hiking the ascend of a good 2 km towards Humantay Lake. Depending on your physical condition, the hike will take approximately 1 to 2 hours, but remember to take it easy as the altitude can be demanding. During your ascend you will be able to relish some of the most astonishing views, including the snow-capped Salkantay mountain.
You will have enough time to take some amazing photos of the dazzling scenery, as the higher you go the more reveals the panorama its captivating beauty. As special things can be sometimes harder to get, the Humantay Lake is hidden up high at an altitude of 4,200 m. / 13,780 ft., behind a stunning topography of rocky mountains and exquisite flora and fauna.
Finally, you will arrive at the mesmerizing glacial lake, “La Laguna Humantai“, with its incredible turquoise color it paints the perfect contrast to the mighty snow-covered Humantay mountain that towers up so majestically behind it. This incredible scenery is worth the time to explore, so feel free to walk up the sloppy hills and take in this natural wonder from various angles.
After you have indulged yourself with the energy and the beauty of this special place, we will start the descent back towards the community of Soraypampa. From there we will drive you back to Mollepata so that you can enjoy a last delicious Lunch, ending this beautiful and unforgettable experience, with a happy and full belly.
We will arrive in Cusco at approximately 6:30 pm and will drop you off right at your hotel.
Important: The pickup time can vary depending on your hotel’s location.
- Round trip transportation: Cusco – Soraypampa – Cusco (group service).
- A professional bilingual guide (Spanish and English).
- First aid kit
- Entrance to the Salkantay Trail
- Walking sticks
- Tips, advice.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
We have price alternatives that accommodate all budgets, prices per person, expressed in US Dollars.
Make your quotes and reservations by email [email protected], you can also communicate with one of our sales executives at the telephones detailed below, we will be happy to assist you.
Phone – WhatsApp: +51 969 787 221
Phone – WhatsApp: +51 986 994 218
HOW TO BOOK THE SOUTH VALLEY CUSCO TOUR?
To start the reservation process, please send us the following information:
- Name and surname:
- Passport number:
- Date of Birth:
- Very important – We need the address and information about the hotel that you are staying at, in the city of Cusco, to be able to pick you up at the time when the tour starts
To confirm reservations it is required to pay 50% in advance and the other 50% can be paid upon arrival at your destination.
- WESTER UNION
- TRANSFER TO OUR BANK ACCOUNT PERU
- All rates for our Peru Packages are expressed in US dollars (subject to currency exchange rates) and are priced per person
- The rates for Peruvians only include VAT
- All our rates are subject to availability and circumstances
- Children under 2 years and 11 months are considered INF (babies) and are not permitted on this tour
- Children from 3 to 10 years and 11 months are considered DCC (child) and thus eligible for special rates and obliged to share the room with their parents
- Children over 11 years old are considered adults
- Minors must travel with an identity document
- Rates do not apply to holidays, Easter, long weekends, national holidays, Christmas, or New Year