CODE OF CONDUCT AGAINST THE SEXUAL EXPLOITATION OF CHILDREN AND ADOLESCENTS
By virtue of Law No. 28251; Law against sexual abuse and exploitation”, which incorporated user-client crimes and sexual exploitation of children and adolescents in the field of tourism; We consider the MINIMUM COMMITMENTS THAT ALL TOURIST SERVICE PROVIDERS MUST ASSUME In order to counteract the sexual exploitation of children and adolescents in travel and tourism, tourism service providers will adopt a Code of Conduct that their legal representatives, directors, and directors must observe. , administrators, employees and contractors linked to the provision of tourist services, in order to make effective the obligations contemplated in Law 28251, as well as to prevent the conduct typified in the same law and also that incorporates the following minimum control measures:
- Refrain from expressly or surreptitiously offering plans for the sexual exploitation of children and adolescents in tourism promotion programs and tourism plans.
- Refrain from giving information to tourists, directly or through an intermediary, about places from where they coordinate or where commercial sexual exploitation of children and adolescents is practiced.
- Refrain from driving tourists, directly or through third parties, to establishments or places where the commercial sexual exploitation of children is practiced, as well as driving them to places where tourists are staying, even if they are localized boats in Altamar, for the purpose of commercial sexual exploitation of children and adolescents.
- Refrain from providing vehicles on tourist routes for the purpose of exploitation or sexual abuse of children and adolescents Prevent the entry of children and adolescents to hotels or lodging places, bars, similar businesses and other establishments in which tourist services are provided, for the purpose of exploitation or sexual abuse.
- Adopt measures tending to prevent personnel linked by any title to the company from offering tourist services that allow sexual activity with children and adolescents.
- Denounce before MINCETUR and other competent authorities, the facts of which they have learned by any means, as well as the existence of places related to the sexual exploitation of children and adolescents and ensure that within the company there are channels for reporting before the competent authorities.
- Design and disseminate within the company and with its suppliers of goods and services, a policy in which the provider establishes measures to prevent and counteract all forms of sexual exploitation of children and adolescents in travel and tourism.
- Train all personnel linked to the company, regarding the issue of prevention of commercial sexual exploitation of children and adolescents.
- Inform its users about the legal consequences in Peru of the exploitation and sexual abuse of children and adolescents.
- Set in a visible place for the employees of the establishment or commercial establishments this Code of Conduct and the other commitments and measures that the provider wishes to assume in order to protect children and adolescents. “In development of the provisions of Law No. 28251, the agency warns tourists that the exploitation and sexual abuse of minors in the country are penalized criminally and administratively, in accordance with current laws.”