There are many ways to trek to Machu Picchu and one of the most fascinating is the Inca Jungle Trek. This tour is very famous because it combines trekking with many other fun activities such as: Biking, Trekking, Zip line, River rafting; and also experiential tourism.
If you love nature and you like to live great experiences, this is the ideal tour for you. We invite you to visit the citadel of Machu Picchu.
Here we offer you alternatives.
RECOMMENDED TOURS 2023
Cusco – Perú
Inca Jungle Trek to Machu Picchu 4 Days
There are many ways to trek to Machu Picchu and one of the most fascinating is the Inca Jungle Trek. This excursion is very famous, since it combines the walk with other activities.
Cusco – Perú
Cusco Inca Jungle to MachuPicchu 6 Days
The Inca Jungle Trek without a doubt, in all its versions and/or combinations, is the best option to get to Machu Picchu enjoying a circuit full of adventure.
The Inca Jungle Trek is undoubtedly, in all its versions, the best option to reach Machu Picchu enjoying a circuit full of adventure.
Best time of the year to do the Inca Jungle Trek is from April – December (best season), January – March (with restrictions).
We fromDreamy Tours Agency, we offer two alternatives, the classic 4 day Inca Jungle trek and the longer Inca Jungle trek.
The Inca Jungle trek is approximately 35 kilometres long, trekking along easy routes and with great scenic beauty.
It is recommended to acclimatise for at least 1 day in the city of Cusco.
And what to bring:
- Hat or cap.
- Sun block.
- Mosquito repellent.
- Trekking shoes.
- Cotton clothes for 4 days.
- Rain poncho (in case of rain).
- Bathing suit and towel (for the thermal baths of Cocalmayo).
- Trekking backpack.
- Extra cash (in case I need it).
Complete guide for a great experience on the Inca Jungle Trail.
- Entrance ticket to HUAYNAPICCHU $18.00 USD price per person
- Entrance ticket to the MOUNTAIN $18.00 USD price per person
- Entrance ticket to the MUSEUM $18.00 USD price per person
- Rafting the first day in Santa Maria
- Zipline ticket on the third day
Safety measures in force:
- You must keep a safe distance from vehicles.
- The number of visitors shall be limited to avoid congestion.
- All surfaces that visitors come in contact with will be purified frequently.
- A safety kit will be provided.
Requirements for travellers
- Bring your own mask (2 masks).
- Bring your vaccination card or vaccination certificate.
- You will need to fill in an optional travel information form.
- You will need to bring your own personal headphones.
- The coldest point is at Abra Malaga (average temperature of 9ºC during the day). Then you descend to the tropical climate of the jungle.
- The warmest point is in the village of Santa Teresa (daytime temperature up to 26ºC).
During the Inca Jungle Trek, the means of transport used are bicycles on the first day, and the rest of the days you have to walk.
All nights you will sleep in lodges.