Inca Quarry Trail to Machu Picchu is only offered by a few companies because it is so off of the beaten path(hidden inca Quarry trail). It is less traveled than the classic Inca trail . there are opportunities to interact with local communities and to visit smaller and less known Inca archaeological sites and the beautiful mountain vistas of the Vilcabamba and Urubamba, inca jungle trek.
Adventures mountain ranges provide the opportunity to encounter dramatic landscapes. Along the Quarry trail we will get to experience the lifestyles of Quechua farming communities, whose culture and customs have not changed for centuries. We will travel through traditional villages like Socma and Rayan.
This trek is recommended for people who like solitude and exploring the less popular route to Machu Picchu. The probable highlight and last day of the trek will take place exploring the “Lost city of the Inca”, Machu Picchu and traveling back to Cusco by train. The Quarry Trail to Machu Picchu is perfect for those who want to head off-the-beaten-path.
|Duration: 4 Days||Altitude: 3.205 – 4.450 m.a.s.l.||Acomodation: Hotel|
|Difficulty: Low||Season: All year||Covid-19 Biosafety Protocols|
DAY 01: SOQMA – RAYAN
Hotel search service at approximately 4:00 a.m., going to the Sacred Valley 01:40 Hrs. to reach the city of Soqma (3,205 m.a.s.l.). What is the starting point of the ride in Cachicata, the riders will be waiting for us in this city, ready for this adventure ride;
We will gently follow one of the side valleys, walking at 1:30 pm, we will stop at the perolniyoc waterfall; which is one of the most beautiful waterfalls in the northern part of the sacred valley.
We will continue our walk for one more hour to go up to the archaeological site of Perolniyoc, located above the waterfall, after exploring the ruins with our guide, we will walk for an hour to reach our place of lunch and camp;
We spend the night in the Rayan area (3,700 m.s.m.). Estimated walking time 04h00min to 05h00min Hrs. Approximately.
DAY 02: RAYAN – INTIPUNKU – CHOQUETACARPO
After breakfast, we will leave the camping area, 03h00 min hrs. Walking slowly will take us to the gorge called Pukakasa (4,450 m.s.m.), for many people this is the most difficult section due to the altitude, but it is the most spectacular day, we will see many snow-capped mountains and the Sacred Valley on the other side.
When we get to the mountain, there will be a magical feeling of surviving one of the highest steps in this mountain range.
Then we go down the hillside for 25 minutes to the lunch spot. In the afternoon, we will walk for 2h00 minutes. More like a wavy road with ups and downs. The last 25 minutes of this segment take us to the highest path of the walk, Kuychi K’asa (4,457 m.s.m.).
Then, go down at 2:00 p.m. to the famous place called Inti Punku, or Puerta del Sol, where we will have a spectacular view of the Verónica mountain (5,682 m.s.m.) and the Sacred Valley of the Incas. We will spend the night in Choquetacarpo, 30 minutes from Inti Punku (3,600 m.s.m.). Estimated walking time from 08h00min to 09h00min Hrs. Approximately.
DAY 03: CHOQUETACARPO – OLLANTAYTAMBO – AGUAS CALIENTES
After breakfast, we will continue our walk to Cachicata for an hour to reach the Inca quarry (3,525 m.s.s.m.), which is why it is called Cachicata Trek; where we can walk and observe all the stone works made by the Inca builders before being transported to Ollantaytambo.
Our guide will show us the remains of the unfinished stone left by the Incas, by the invasion of the Spanish conquerors.
From the Cachiqata quarry, we will descend at 3:00 a.m. Until you get to Ollantaytambo. Place of our lunch. In the afternoon, we will have a train connection to Aguas Calientes, where we will spend the night in a basic hotel and have dinner at a local restaurant. Estimated walking time 04h00min Hrs. Approximately.
DAY 04: MACHUPICCHU – CUSCO
After breakfast at the hotel, we will go to the Ruins Bridge station to take a very early bus at 05:30. The guide will teach the whole history of this mysterious and mystical place.
We will visit the Temple of the Sun, the Royal Palace, the Main Temple, the Temple of the Three Windows and the Sun Dial. After the guided tour, you will have free time to explore on your own or follow the following options:
Optional: Visit the Puerta del Sol, where you will have the opportunity to walk (approximately 02:00 Hrs. Walk to the Inca Bridge: the Inca Bridge offers a dose of adventure for your next visit to Machu Picchu.
However, in this case, the adventure is a little less arduous, but death is much more difficult, not for people with vertigo, nor to climb some of the mountains that Machu Picchu has, but book in advance, because there are not many points.
In the afternoon, we will return to the Aguas Calientes train station to return to the Ollantaytambo station. Upon arrival, a transfer will wait for you to take you to the bus that will take us back to the city of Cusco. inka trek, inka jungle tour.
The tour schedule will be confirmed at the destination.
- Information before departure 1 or 2 days before the tour
- Transfer from your hotel in Cusco
- Horses to transport our camping and kitchen equipment
- Professional bilingual guide (English / Spanish) requests the language at the time of booking.
- Seasonal tents, with capacity for 4 people, but used only by 2
- 03 Breakfast, 04 Lunches, 04 Dinners
- First aid kit, including emergency oxygen bottle.
- Train from Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes – Ollantaytambo
- Transfer from the train station to Cusco
- One night stay at the Aguas Calientes hotel
- Buses from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu
- Entrance to Machu Picchu
TOUR DOES NOT INCLUDE
- Sleeping bag: can be rented in our office
- Lunch in Aguas Calientes on the last day.
- Tips (cook, pilot and guide)
- Travel insurance
- Huaynapicchu Mountain
- All rates for Packages to Peru are expressed in US dollars (optional for currency exchange) and are programmed per person.
- The rates valid for Peruvians only include VAT.
- All our rates are subject to availability and changes.
- Children under 02 years and 11 months are considered INF (babies), do not pay any service and do not have the right to food, bed or seat on the tours.
- DCC (child) is considered a child from 03 to 10 years and 11 months, has a special rate and shares a room with parents.
- Children over 11 years old considered adults.
- Minors must travel with an identity document.
- Rates do not apply to holidays, Easter, long weekends, national holidays, Christmas or New Years.
We have price alternatives that accommodate all budgets, prices per person, expressed in US Dollars.
Make your quotes and reservations by email firstname.lastname@example.org, you can also communicate with one of our sales executives at the telephones detailed below, we will be happy to assist you.
Office: +51 084-548558
Phone – WhatsApp: + 51 969 787221
Phone – WhatsApp: +51 969 787221
HOW TO BOOK?
To start the process of your reservation, please, we need you to send us the following information:
- Name and surname:
- Passport number:
- Date of Birth:
- Your information about your hotel in the city of Cusco is very important, to be able to pick you up there at the time of starting the tour.
To confirm reservations, 50% of the advance payment is required and the other 50% can be paid upon arrival at your destination.
- WESTER UNION
- TRANSFER TO OUR BANK IN PERU