Explore one of the less-known archeological sites, by getting out of the tourist masses and visit the horn-shaped fortress of Waqrapukara with our Full-Day Tour.
This tour will take you to one of the most astonishing Inca fortresses, which seemingly merges its granite walls with the mountain and forms a particular shape of a horn. Yet, up to this day, it is unclear what the use was of this majestic fortress.
Come and discover the many theories behind the Waqrapukara fortress with our Dreamy Tours – Full Day Tour!
|Duration: 1 Day||Altitude: 4140 m / 13583 ft|
|Difficulty: Moderate||Season: All year|
Cusco – Waqrapukara – Cusco
We will begin the tour by picking you up from your hotel between 4:30 AM and 5 AM. You can relax in the car as we drive for about 2 hours and 30 minutes to the district of Pitumarca where we will have our first stop to enjoy a tasty breakfast.
After we are fully energized we will continue our journey for another 30 minutes on an unpaved zigzag road until we reach our starting point called “Punta Carretera” where we will make a short break in order to make the last preparations for the hike and off we go.
We will hike for about an hour and a half through an astonishingly beautiful landscape, with dazzling panoramic views of the surrounding mountains and gorgeous high-altitude lagoons or “Cochas” that make this scenery so emblematic of the Andes. The road will be mostly flat with small ups and downs, hiking a distance of approximately 2.5 km / 1.5 ft.
As we approach the archaeological complex of Waqrapukara, we will appreciate the gigantic rock formations that give depth to the Apurimac River Valley. Finally, we will arrive at Waqrapukara.
Guided visit to the Waqrapukara archeological complex
Our guide will explain to you the importance of this archeological site while you will walk through Waqrapukara, a religious sanctuary entirely constructed out of granite stone. Afterwards, you will have enough free time to explore the sanctuary on your own, take some pictures, or simply be mesmerized by this massive stone construction. Additionally, we will hand you out a lunch box that you can enjoy whilst appreciating some of the most exquisite panoramic views.
After the visit, we will return on the same way to “Punta Carretera” where our private transportation will be waiting for you to bring you back to the city of Cusco. The drive will take about two and a half hours, you will arrive in Cusco at approximately 6 PM, where we will drop you off at your respective hotel.
The exact time schedule of the tour will be discussed in a previous briefing.
- Professional bilingual guide (Spanish and English; other languages only if previously requested)
- Round trip tourist transportation.
- Meals: 1 Breakfast & 1 Lunch (Vegetarian options are available if you notify us in advance)
- Vegetable option available
- First aid kit, including an emergency oxygen balloon.
TOUR DOES NOT INCLUDE
- Services that are not detailed in the program.
- Snacks & Drinks (Please bring your own Water).
HOW MUCH DOES THE WAKRAPUKARA TOUR COST?
We have price alternatives that accommodate all budgets, prices per person, expressed in US Dollars.
Make your quotes and reservations by email [email protected], you can also communicate with one of our sales executives at the telephones detailed below, we will be happy to assist you.
Phone – WhatsApp: +51 969 787 221
Phone – WhatsApp: +51 986 994 218
HOW TO BOOK THE SOUTH VALLEY CUSCO TOUR?
To start the reservation process, please send us the following information:
- Name and surname:
- Passport number:
- Date of Birth:
- Very important – We need the address and information about the hotel that you are staying at, in the city of Cusco, to be able to pick you up at the time when the tour starts
To confirm reservations it is required to pay 50% in advance and the other 50% can be paid upon arrival at your destination.
- WESTER UNION
- TRANSFER TO OUR BANK ACCOUNT PERU
- All rates for our Peru Packages are expressed in US dollars (subject to currency exchange rates) and are priced per person
- The rates for Peruvians only include VAT
- All our rates are subject to availability and circumstances
- Children under 2 years and 11 months are considered INF (babies) and are not permitted on this tour
- Children from 3 to 10 years and 11 months are considered DCC (child) and thus eligible for special rates and obliged to share the room with their parents
- Children over 11 years old are considered adults
- Minors must travel with an identity document
- Rates do not apply to holidays, Easter, long weekends, national holidays, Christmas, or New Year