The Q’eswachaka Inca Bridge is the last grass rope bridge that is still built according to the traditional methods of the Incas. This fascinating technique was being passed down from generation to generation for more than 500 years and is still being upheld each year when the local communities meet to rebuild the bridge.
Come and experience this wonderful cultural relic! Travel back in time with Dreamy Tours to see this last authentic cultural heritage of the Incas.
|Duration: 1 Day||Max. Altitude: 3800 m / 12467.2 ft|
|Difficulty: Easy||Season: All year|
Q’eswachaka Inca Bridge Tour
We will begin the tour by picking you up at approximately 4:20 AM to 4:50 AM from your respective Hotel. At 5 AM we will start driving towards the south passing through various districts of Cusco until we reach our first stop at Rumi Punku.
At the time of the Incas, Rumi Punku was one of the main entry points of Cusco and was the only entry point for all travelers who came from the Qollasuyo region. We will take a moment to explain to you the historical and cultural importance of this place, take some photos and then continue our journey.
We will continue for about an hour until we reach the mesmerizing viewpoint of Combapata. We will take another quick break so that you can relish of this beautiful view; a gorgeous landscape wherein the two sacred rivers of the Incas, the Salcca river and the Vilcanota river have their junction.
Then we will continue our trip to Yanaoca, one of the eight districts of the province of Canas, in the region of Cusco. We will continue another 30 minutes until we reach Q’iwe where we will be able to catch the first sights of the last Inca grass rope bridge.
Tour Highlight: Q’eswachaka Inca Bridge
Here you will begin to descend the stairs by walking until you reach the last Inca bridge. If you dare you can cross the nearly 30 m / 98.4 ft long bridge that is built purely out of grass fiber. Your guide can help you make a foto while you cross and feel the adrenaline. Take your time to marvel at this incredible craftsmanship before our guide will give you a detailed explanation of the construction process, the cultural traditions, and its significance.
After the visit, we will return to Yanaoca to have a tasty lunch in one of the local restaurants. Fully recuperated we will continue our journey to visit the beautiful jewels of the 4 Lagoons: Pampamarca, Asnacqocha, Acopia, and Pomacanchi. These places are astonishingly beautiful and captivating for observing the local flora and fauna from close up, whilst experiencing the Andean culture along the way.
This will be our final stop before returning to the city of Cusco in our tourist transportation. The drive will take about 2 hours before arriving in Cusco at approximately 5 PM where we will drop you off at your respective Hotel.
Important: The exact time schedule of the tour will be confirmed in a previous briefing.
- Professional bilingual guide (Spanish and English; other languages only if previously requested)
- Round trip tourist transport.
- Breakfast + Lunch (Buffet) Restaurant.
- First aid kit (including emergency oxygen balloon).
TOUR DOES NOT INCLUDE
- Services not detailed in the program.
- Snacks & Drinks (Please bring your own Water).
- Extra Money.
HOW MUCH DOES THE Q’ESWACHAKA TOUR COST?
We have price alternatives that accommodate all budgets, prices per person, expressed in US Dollars.
Make your quotes and reservations by email [email protected], you can also communicate with one of our sales executives at the telephones detailed below, we will be happy to assist you.
Phone – WhatsApp: +51 969 787 221
Phone – WhatsApp: +51 986 994 218
HOW TO BOOK THE SOUTH VALLEY CUSCO TOUR?
To start the reservation process, please send us the following information:
- Name and surname:
- Passport number:
- Date of Birth:
- Very important – We need the address and information about the hotel that you are staying at, in the city of Cusco, to be able to pick you up at the time when the tour starts
To confirm reservations it is required to pay 50% in advance and the other 50% can be paid upon arrival at your destination.
- WESTER UNION
- TRANSFER TO OUR BANK ACCOUNT PERU
- All rates for our Peru Packages are expressed in US dollars (subject to currency exchange rates) and are priced per person
- The rates for Peruvians only include VAT
- All our rates are subject to availability and circumstances
- Children under 2 years and 11 months are considered INF (babies) and are not permitted on this tour
- Children from 3 to 10 years and 11 months are considered DCC (child) and thus eligible for special rates and obliged to share the room with their parents
- Children over 11 years old are considered adults
- Minors must travel with an identity document
- Rates do not apply to holidays, Easter, long weekends, national holidays, Christmas, or New Year