One of the most incredible experiences of a trip is to be able to live an unforgettable experience in a high Andean community.
Misminay is an Andean community, located in the city of Cusco, which in the past was dedicated to agriculture and cattle raising as its main source of income. However, today they are implementing Experiential Rural Tourism in their community.
The service is based on experiential experiences given to tourists with the purpose of connecting them through various activities with the life of the villagers, nature, and the Andean mountains that surround them.
|Duration: 2 Days
|Altitude: 3399 m / 11151.6 ft
|Season: All year
DAY 01: CUSCO – SALT MINES MARAS – MORAY – COMMUNITY MULLAKA MISMINAY
We will pick you up from the hotel at approximately 07:00 AM. We will start by going to the village of Chinchero where we will visit a Textile Centre (Awana), where they will explain to us the artisan procedure to manufacture textiles.
Then we will go to the archaeological center of Chinchero where our guide will give us a brief explanation of what was the function of this place in the time of the Incas. Following the tour, we will make a brief stop at the viewpoint of Raqchi where you can see part of the Sacred Valley of the Incas and take some pictures.
Then we will go to the salt mines of Maras where we can appreciate the natural formation of salt with more than 3,000 pools that are currently worked by the community.
The next stop is the Archaeological Centre of Moray known as the Inca Agricultural Experimentation Center and very much admired by the passengers for the circular shape of its terraces.
After this very beautiful, natural, and cultural tour, we will head to the Mullaka Misminay Community around 14:00 Hrs. On arrival, we will have a warm welcome with music, dances, and typical clothes from the members of the community. Typical lunch in a house destined for our passengers after that we will have a short rest.
In the afternoon we will have a short walk to visit the Community and the beautiful mountain Wañinmarca in the high part, where we will find the famous Balcony of Maras, where we can enjoy a privileged panoramic view of the landscapes of the main mountains of the Sacred Valley, the Pampa de Maras and a complete view of the Archaeological Complex of Moray.
In the lodging, we will find typical rooms of the Misminay Community and we will also become part of the family. At night we will have a delicious dinner typical of the area, a night bonfire under the sky where we can appreciate the stars, as well as tales, stories, myths, songs, dances, and a hot drink, offered affectionately by the villagers of the area, which will be part of an unforgettable experience.
DAY 02: MULLAKA MISMINAY COMMUNITY – CUSCO
A nutritious breakfast in the family house that hosts us, this breakfast is prepared with Andean cereals such as Kiwicha, Cañihuaco, roasted corn, and other ingredients. Today we will carry out two activities to interact with the community.
ACTIVITY 01: TEXTILE MANUFACTURING DEMONSTRATION; Learn about the ancestral process of manufacturing Andean textiles made from sheep’s wool dyed with plants and minerals and natural inputs under a system called “Away” using homemade tools such as small wooden boards and animal bones that the villagers themselves sketch.
ACTIVITY 02: DEMONSTRATION OF AGRICULTURE; This activity allows us to see these activities firsthand. According to the season and the agricultural calendar, the community will be able to work on agricultural activities with ancestral techniques and traditional Andean tools such as the Chaquitaclla and the yunta with oxen.
Lunch will be a “Pachamanca” at the end of our activities we return to our house where our lunch will be waiting for us. The Pachamanca is a typical dish based on beef and chicken spiced with huacatay, chili, cumin, and pepper; as well as additional original Andean products such as potatoes and corn, cooked on a base of preheated stones that make the taste special and different from the typical food of the city. In the end, we will have a farewell from the people of the community. At 15:00 pm. we say goodbye to the community of Mullaka Misminay to go to the city of Cusco.
Important: The exact time schedule of the tour will be confimred in a previous briefing.
THE TOUR INCLUDES
- Tourist transport.
- Entrance Tickets to Tourist Attractions.
- Chinchero – Maras & Moray Tour.
- Professional bilingual tour guide (English – Spanish)
- 04 Activities in the Community: Hike to the Mirador de Maras, Andean Bonfire, Demonstration of Textile Elaboration, Demonstration of Agriculture.
- 01 Night in the Community of Misminay
- 01 Breakfast – 01 Lunch – 01 Typical Dinner of the Place.
- 01 Portion of Pachamanca
TOUR DOES NOT INCLUDE
- Drinks and Extra Meals.
- Tips and Extra Money.
- Wearing a mask and facial protector is very important.
- Warm Clothes (Jacket, Sweater, Cap, Scarf, Gloves, etc.)
- Trekking shoes.
- Small backpack to carry what is necessary.
- Rain Poncho.
- Antibacterial gel.
- Extra money in Soles.
Location of the Community of Misminay:
It is located 54 km from the city of Cusco, access route: Cusco to Chincheros (Asphalted), from Maras and Moray to Misminay (Trocha).
It is made up of 500 community members.
Did you know that you can make in a full day Misminay with Moray and Salinera de Maras?
Visit the agricultural laboratory of Moray and the salt mines of Maras in a different way together with the community of Misminay, with whom you will learn to carry out different activities.
What activities can you do in the Misminay community?
- Hikes to the viewpoint of Moray, a beautiful place.
- Horse and donkey rides.
- Demonstration of agricultural and textile activities.
- Elaboration of adobe bricks.
- And if you wish to spend a night in the Misminay community, you can have a campfire while star gazing.
How to get to Misminay Community?
Lima – Cusco: Flight: 1 h approximately.
Cusco – Misminay: By transport: 1 h approximately
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
We have price alternatives that accommodate all budgets, prices per person, expressed in US Dollars.
Make your quotes and reservations by email [email protected], you can also communicate with one of our sales executives at the telephones detailed below, we will be happy to assist you.
Phone – WhatsApp: +51 969 787 221
Phone – WhatsApp: +51 986 994 218
HOW TO BOOK THE SOUTH VALLEY CUSCO TOUR?
To start the reservation process, please send us the following information:
- Name and surname:
- Passport number:
- Date of Birth:
- Very important – We need the address and information about the hotel that you are staying at, in the city of Cusco, to be able to pick you up at the time when the tour starts
To confirm reservations it is required to pay 50% in advance and the other 50% can be paid upon arrival at your destination.
- WESTER UNION
- TRANSFER TO OUR BANK ACCOUNT PERU
- All rates for our Peru Packages are expressed in US dollars (subject to currency exchange rates) and are priced per person
- The rates for Peruvians only include VAT
- All our rates are subject to availability and circumstances
- Children under 2 years and 11 months are considered INF (babies) and are not permitted on this tour
- Children from 3 to 10 years and 11 months are considered DCC (child) and thus eligible for special rates and obliged to share the room with their parents
- Children over 11 years old are considered adults
- Minors must travel with an identity document
- Rates do not apply to holidays, Easter, long weekends, national holidays, Christmas, or New Year