One of the most incredible experiences of a trip is to be able to live an unforgettable experience in a high Andean community.
Misminay is an Andean community, located near the city of Cusco, which in the past was dedicated to agriculture and cattle raising as its main source of income. However, today they are implementing Experiential Rural Tourism in their community.
The service is based on experiential experiences with the purpose of connecting them through various activities with the life of the villagers, nature and the Andean mountains that surround them.
|Duration: 1 Day||Altitude: 3.399 m.a.s.l.|
|Difficulty: Easy||Season: All year|
DAY01: CUSCO – SALT MINES MARAS – MORAY – COMMUNITY MULLAKA MISMINAY
Breakfast at the hotel. Our representative from the travel agency will pick you up from the hotel at 07:00 am. approximately. We will start this adventure by going to the village of Chinchero where we will visit a Textile Centre (Awana), where they will explain to us the process of textile manufacturing.
Then we will go to the archaeological centre of Chinchero where the Official Tourist Guide will give us a brief explanation of what was the function of this place in the time of the Incas. Following the tour, we will make a brief stop at the viewpoint of Raqchi where you can see part of the Sacred Valley of the Incas and take some pictures.
Then we will go to the salt mines of Maras where we can appreciate the natural formation of salt with more than 3,000 pools that are currently worked by the community. The next stop is the Archaeological Centre of Moray known as the Inca Agricultural Experimentation Centre and very much admired by the passengers for the circular shape of its terraces.
After this very beautiful, natural and cultural tour, we will head to the Mullaka Misminay Community around 14:00 Hrs. On arrival, we will have a warm welcome with music, dances and typical clothes by the members of the community. Typical lunch in a house destined for our passengers after that we will have a short rest.
ACTIVITY 01: TEXTILE MANUFACTURING DEMONSTRATION; Experience the ancestral process of elaboration of Andean textiles made of sheep wool dyed with plants and minerals and natural inputs under a system called “Away” using homemade tools such as small wooden boards and animal bones that the villagers themselves sketch.
At 17:00 PM we say goodbye to the Mullaka Misminay Community and head back to Cusco.
Important: The exact time schedule of the tour will be discussed in a previous briefing. Breakfast on this day will depend on the time of transfer from the hotel.
THE TOUR INCLUDES
- Tourist Transport.
- Tickets to tourist attractions.
- Maras & Moray Tour.
- Professional bilingual tour guide (Portuguese or English).
- 01 Community Activities: Textile Elaboration Demonstration.
- 01 Typical lunch in Misminay.
THE TOUR DOES NOT INCLUDE
- Extra Drinks and Meals.
- Tips and extra money.
- Bring mask and very important face shield.
- Warm Clothing (Coat, Shirt, Hat, Scarf, Gloves, etc.).
- Trekking shoes.
- Small backpack to carry what you need.
- Antibacterial gel.
- Extra Money in Soles.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- All rates are in American dollars (they may vary according to the exchange rate of the day) the values are given per person.
- Rates valid only for national tourists include IGV.
- All our rates are subject to availability, current US dollar rate.
- Kindergarten: Children under 02 years and 11 months. This group does not pay for any service and is not entitled to food, a bed or a seat on the tours.
- Children from 03 to 10 years 11 months: This group has a special rate and share rooms with their parents.
- Over 11 years old: This group is subject to the same rate as adults.
- Minors must always travel with an identity document.
- Rates do not apply on holidays, Easter, bridge weekends, National Festivities, Christmas or New Year.
Location of the Community of Misminay:
It is located 54 km from the city of Cusco, access route: Cusco to Chincheros (Asphalted), from Maras and Moray to Misminay (Trocha).
It is made up of 500 community members.
Did you know that you can make in a full day Misminay with Moray and Salinera de Maras?
Visit the agricultural laboratory of Moray and the salt mines of Maras in a different way together with the community of Misminay, with whom you will learn to carry out different activities.
What activities can you do in the Misminay community?
- Hikes to the viewpoint of Moray, a beautiful place.
- Horse and donkey rides.
- Demonstration of agricultural and textile activities.
- Elaboration of adobe bricks.
- And if you wish to spend a night in the Misminay community, you can have a campfire and stargazing.
How to get to Misminay Community?
Lima – Cusco: Flight: 1 h approximately.
Cusco – Misminay: By transport: 1 h approximately
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
We have price alternatives that accommodate all budgets, prices per person, expressed in US Dollars.
Make your quotes and reservations by email [email protected], you can also communicate with one of our sales executives at the telephones detailed below, we will be happy to assist you.
Phone – WhatsApp: +51 969 787 221
Phone – WhatsApp: +51 986 994 218
HOW TO BOOK THE SOUTH VALLEY CUSCO TOUR?
To start the reservation process, please send us the following information:
- Name and surname:
- Passport number:
- Date of Birth:
- Very important – We need the address and information about the hotel that you are staying at, in the city of Cusco, to be able to pick you up at the time when the tour starts
To confirm reservations it is required to pay 50% in advance and the other 50% can be paid upon arrival at your destination.
- WESTER UNION
- TRANSFER TO OUR BANK ACCOUNT PERU
- All rates for our Peru Packages are expressed in US dollars (subject to currency exchange rates) and are priced per person
- The rates for Peruvians only include VAT
- All our rates are subject to availability and circumstances
- Children under 2 years and 11 months are considered INF (babies) and are not permitted on this tour
- Children from 3 to 10 years and 11 months are considered DCC (child) and thus eligible for special rates and obliged to share the room with their parents
- Children over 11 years old are considered adults
- Minors must travel with an identity document
- Rates do not apply to holidays, Easter, long weekends, national holidays, Christmas, or New Year