The Short Inca Trail to Machu Picchu of 2 Days is specifically made for people who are short on time but don’t want to miss out on an unforgettable and incredibly beautiful experience. The Short Inca Trail is a small part of and an easier alternative to the classic Inca trail of 4 days that is consistently rated as one of the most beautiful trekking trails in America, if not even worldwide.
The ancient Inca trails were built during the Inca Empire and therefore exhibit some of the most extraordinary construction techniques that seamlessly merge with the beauty of the landscape, run alongside stunning mountain cliffs, and connect a whole network of archeological ruins.
We designed the Short Inca Trail to Machu Picchu such that you are able to relish some of the most breathtaking gems, Wiñawayna amongst others, that this World Cultural Heritage has to offer; and that in only just two days. This is the perfect alternative if you don’t have the time to book the 4-Day version, but if you still want to visit the mystical place of Machu Picchu by walking in the footsteps of the ancient Incas.
Prepare yourself for something unforgettable!
|Duration: 2 Days||Max. Altitude: 2,650 m. / 8,694 ft.||Accommodation: Hotel|
|Difficulty: Moderate||Season: March to January||Covid-19 Biosafety Protocols|
Day 1: CUSCO – KM. 104 – WIÑAYHUAYNA – AGUAS CALIENTES
- Pickup at your Hotel
- Meals: 1 Lunchbox & 1 Dinner
- Approximate hiking distance: 12 km / 7.5 mi ~6 hrs.
- Difficulty: Moderate
- Climate: humid with mosquitoes
- Highest elevation: 2,780 m. / 9,121 ft.
- Sleepover in Aguas Calientes
DAY 2: AGUAS CALIENTES – MACHU PICCHU SANCTUARY – CUSCO
- Meals: 1 Breakfast
- Approximate hiking distance: Visiting Machu Picchu Sanctuary
- Difficulty: Easy
- Climate: humid with mosquitoes
- Highest elevation: 2,400 m. / 7,874 ft.
- Transportation back to Cusco
- High-quality service
- Professional bilingual guide (Spanish and English; other languages only if previously requested)
- Guided visit to Chachabamba, Wiñaywayna and Choquesuysuy (Day 1)
- Guided visit to Machu Picchu Sanctuary (Day 2)
- First aid kit and oxygen bottle
- Roundtrip: Cusco – Ollantaytambo – Cusco
- Train ticket to KM 104 (starting point of the Short Inca Trail hike)
- Roundtrip tourist bus Consettur: Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Aguas Calientes
- Tourist train from Aguas Calientes to Cusco according to availability
- 1 Night in 2-star Hotel in Aguas Calientes
- Entrance Tickets
- Entrance Fee to the Inca Trail
- Entrance Ticket to Machu Picchu Sanctuary
- Meals: 1 breakfast, 1 lunchbox, and 1 dinner
TOUR DOES NOT INCLUDE
- National or international plane tickets
- Services that are not stated in the program
- Lunch in Aguas Calientes on Day 2
- Life insurance
- Additional nights due to bad weather
- Personal care items
WHAT TO BRING?
- A backpack.
- rain poncho.
- Sufficient clothing for cold weather and warm weather (if your clothes get wet, it could be hard to dry them overnight due to the wet climate, so take that into consideration).
- Waterproof jacket and pants.
- Trekking shoes.
- Sandals and swimming clothes in case you want to bathe in the hot springs in Aguas Calientes.
- Sunscreen, insect repellent, alcohol gel, and toilet paper.
- Photographic camera
- Fully charged Flashlight.
- Snacks: e.g. chocolates, cereal bars, fruits of the forest and nuts.
- Water (take enough water to drink during the hike on Day 1. For Day 2 remember that plastic bottles are not allowed in Machu Picchu Sanctuary).
- Original passport, and original student card in case you have been admitted access with it.
- Extra money in soles.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST TO HIKE THE INCA TRAIL OF 2 DAYS?
We have price alternatives that accommodate all budgets, prices per person, expressed in US Dollars.
Make your quotes and reservations by email [email protected], you can also communicate with one of our sales executives at the telephones detailed below, we will be happy to assist you.
Phone – WhatsApp: +51 969 787 221
Phone – WhatsApp: +51 986 994 218
HOW TO BOOK THE TOUR?
To start the reservation process, please send us the following information:
- Name and surname:
- Passport number:
- Date of Birth:
- Very important – We need the address and information about the hotel that you are staying at, in the city of Cusco, to be able to pick you up at the time when the tour starts.
To confirm reservations it is required to pay 50% in advance and the other 50% can be paid upon arrival at your destination.
- WESTER UNION
- TRANSFER TO OUR BANK ACCOUNT PERU
- All rates for our Peru Packages are expressed in US dollars (subject to currency exchange rates) and are priced per person
- The rates for Peruvians only include VAT
- All our rates are subject to availability and circumstances
- Children under 2 years and 11 months are considered INF (babies) and are not permitted on this tour
- Children from 3 to 10 years and 11 months are considered DCC (child) and thus eligible for special rates and obliged to share the room with their parents
- Children over 11 years old are considered adults
- Minors must travel with an identity document
- Rates do not apply to holidays, Easter, long weekends, national holidays, Christmas, or New Year