Visit the world-renowned Titicaca Lake and discover the mind-blowing Islands, Uros and Taquile, that were built by their inhabitants only out of water reeds!
These Islands are artisanal handicraft masterpieces, floating on the largest navigable high-altitude lake in the world. Their secluded location allowed them to foster very particular customs and unique cultures, that they are willing to share with you on this tour. Not without reason did their textile craft receive the UNESCO title of Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity.
Come and explore the famous Uros and Taquile Islands of the Titicaca lake. Learn about their particular cultures, customs, and masterful weaving art while enjoying some of the most beautiful sights of the surrounding high-altitude Andean landscape.
|Duration: 1 Day
|Max. Altitude: 3950 m / 12959.3 ft
|Season: All year
We will pick you up from your hotel at around 7:30 AM and then head towards the main port. Here we will board a fast boat that will take us all around the famous Titicaca Lake.
You will be able to relish some incredible panoramic views of the largest navigable high-altitude lake in the world while we will head toward the floating islands of Uros. During the ride, our guide will give you some background information about the Titicaca National Reserve, while you will be able to take some amazing photos of the gorgeous scenery.
Arriving at the floating islands of Uros, we will visit 2 to 3 different islands where you will be able to immerse yourself in the daily lives of the island’s inhabitants, who will be happy to teach you about their way of living.
Afterward, we will continue our journey for 1 hour and 15 minutes to the Taquile Island. We will arrive at the port and then walk to the center of the village where the residents will welcome us. You will be able to get to know their way of life, see their traditional dances, and learn about their customs.
You will also be able to view their remarkable textile craft, which was even recognized by the UNESCO as an intangible cultural heritage of humanity. They perfected their textile craft up to an incredible mastery, wherein women as well as men, weave extraordinary masterpieces.
Hereafter, we will have a delicious traditional lunch in one of the local restaurants in Taquile.
Finally, we will return to Puno by going down the 530 steps on the other side of the island. The estimated time of arrival in Puno is 5 PM.
- Visit Uros Island
- Visit Taquile Island
- Duration of our tour: 06:45 – 17:00 hrs. (10 hours).
- Transportation Roundtrip Hotel – Port – Hotel
- Tickets to the Titicaca National Reserve, Taquile
- Fast boat, with a bathroom
- Professional bilingual guide (English / Spanish)
- Lunch in Taquile at a local restaurant
TOUR DOES NOT INCLUDE
- Excursion in a traditional boat (Totora boat).
- Services not mentioned in the program
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
We have price alternatives that accommodate all budgets, prices per person, expressed in US Dollars.
Make your quotes and reservations by email [email protected], you can also communicate with one of our sales executives at the telephones detailed below, we will be happy to assist you.
Phone – WhatsApp: +51 969 787 221
Phone – WhatsApp: +51 986 994 218
HOW TO BOOK THE TOUR?
To start the reservation process, please send us the following information:
- Name and surname:
- Passport number:
- Date of Birth:
- Very important – We need the address and information about the hotel that you are staying at, in the city of Puno, to be able to pick you up at the time when the tour starts
To confirm reservations it is required to pay 50% in advance and the other 50% can be paid upon arrival at your destination.
- WESTER UNION
- TRANSFER TO OUR BANK ACCOUNT PERU
- All rates for our Peru Packages are expressed in US dollars (subject to currency exchange rates) and are priced per person
- The rates for Peruvians only include VAT
- All our rates are subject to availability and circumstances
- Children under 2 years and 11 months are considered INF (babies) and are not permitted on this tour
- Children from 3 to 10 years and 11 months are considered DCC (child) and thus eligible for special rates and obliged to share the room with their parents
- Children over 11 years old are considered adults
- Minors must travel with an identity document
- Rates do not apply to holidays, Easter, long weekends, national holidays, Christmas, or New Year