Explore the Sun Route, a Tour that combines two of the most interesting cities of Peru: Cusco the ancient capital of the Inca Empire, and Puno the mystical city on the shores of Lake Titicaca.
Explore impressive archeological sites and see mind-blowing panoramic views from high up in the mountains. Visit on this tour places such as the colonial church of Andahuaylillas, the archaeological complex of Raqchi, the pass of La Raya, and the lithic museum of Pukara.
This is the perfect opportunity to learn, explore, and be mesmerized by the best of two Peruvian cities.
|Duration: Full Day||Altitude: 3399 m / 11151.6 ft|
|Difficulty: Easy||Season: All year|
|ITINERARY||PLACE TO VISIT||ARRIVAL||TIME DEPARTURE||TIME VISIT TIME|
|Salida de Cusco||Departure from Cusco Boarding for Puno Cusco||7:30 AM|
|ANDAHUAYLILLAS||Visit to the church of San Pedro Apostle||8:50 AM 9:30 AM||40 min|
|RAQCHI||Visit to the archaeological complex of Raqchi||10:50 AM||11:30 AM||40 min|
|SICUANI||Lunch buffet restaurant la pascana||11:45 AM||12:30 PM||45 min|
|LA RAYA||Stop at the highest point of the trail||1:10 PM||1:20 PM||10 min|
|PUKARA||Visit to the Pukara lithic museum||2:30 PM||3:00 PM||30 min|
|PUNO||Arrival at our private terminal||5:00 PM|
Departure from Cusco:
Bus station private terminal
Boarding ticket check-in time and luggage check-in 6:40 a.m.
Departure time exact time: 7:00 a.m.
Andahuaylillas Chapel. (3,093 masl)
The first visit on our tour is to the Andahuaylillas Chapel. (3,093 masl). It is a church dating from the seventeenth century also known as the Sistine of the Andes and is known for its beautiful murals, gilded wood works and its exhibition of paintings from the Cusco school.
IMPORTANT: The visit lasts 25 minutes – It is not allowed to film or take pictures inside.
The Archaeological Complex of Raqchi (3,450 meters above sea level).
The second visit on our tour is to the archaeological Complex of Raqchi (3,450 meters above sea level). It is also known as the Temple of the god Wiracocha who was the supreme Inka deity. This place holds the largest amount of Colcas (Barns) while we will also see magnificent buildings in stone and adobe.
IMPORTANT: The visit lasts 40 minutes / We recommend the use of hats and sun block.
Tourist Restaurant la Pascana.
After these two very insightful visits we will have a tasty Buffet lunch. The lunch lasts 40 minutes (cold drinks such as water, soft drinks or beer are not included in the buffet).
La Raya Pass. (4,335 masl).
Afterward, we will visit the border between the cities of Cusco and Puno at over 4335 m / 14222.4 ft of altitude where the famous snowy CHIMBOYA is. This is the place where the famous AMAZONAS river is born. Here you can take some amazing pictures of the landscape.
IMPORTANT: The time of visit lasts between 7 to 10 minutes / we recommend the use of warm clothes and the consumption of coca tea to counteract caltitude sickness
The Lithic Museum of Pukara. (3,900 masl).
This is our last stop on the tour. We will visit the lithic museum of Pukara, which is a culture that developed from 1600 BC to 400 AD located 106 km. to the East of the city of Puno. In this museum, we can find ceramics and sculptures representing zoo morphic figures, among them the famous sculpture of the HATUNÑAQAC that in our times would be translated as the supreme cutthroat.
IMPORTANT: The visit lasts 30 minutes / it is not allowed to film or take pictures inside / The entrance fee is S/ 10.00.
Arrival to Puno 05:00 pm
Bus Station Private Bus Terminal Avenida Costanera 430.
THE TOUR INCLUDES
- A Bilingual Guide English – Spanish – Portuguese (both on board the bus and in the places of visit).
- The service on board the bus, where our passengers enjoy hot drinks such as: Mate de Coca, Anise Tea, Mate de Manzanilla and Coffee, cold drinks such as: CocaCola, IncaKola, Mineral Water and Fruit Nectar; we also include the tasting of the famous Pan de Oropesa (Pan Chuta – only on the route Cusco – Puno) that are included with the ticket; all this with the attention of terramozas ladies.
- Includes buffet lunch at La Pascana Tourist Restaurant.
- Entrance fees to all archaeological sites.
THE TOUR DOES NOT INCLUDE
- Services not detailed
Tour schedule of the Sun Route Tour
During our tour which lasts approximately 10 hours we will have 4 excursions and guided visits to the tourist attractions of the southern corridor of the altiplano visiting the temple of Andahuaylillas or Sistine Chapel of America, the Inka temple of Raqchi, the Paso de la Raya at 4335 meters above sea level and the pre-Inka Aymara museum of Pukara where the famous monolith of the Slaughtering God is located.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
We have price alternatives that accommodate all budgets, prices per person, expressed in US Dollars.
Make your quotes and reservations by email [email protected], you can also communicate with one of our sales executives at the telephones detailed below, we will be happy to assist you.
Phone – WhatsApp: +51 969 787 221
Phone – WhatsApp: +51 986 994 218
HOW TO BOOK THE TOUR?
To start the reservation process, please send us the following information:
- Name and surname:
- Passport number:
- Date of Birth:
- Very important – We need the address and information about the hotel that you are staying at, in the city of Puno, to be able to pick you up at the time when the tour starts
To confirm reservations it is required to pay 50% in advance and the other 50% can be paid upon arrival at your destination.
- WESTER UNION
- TRANSFER TO OUR BANK ACCOUNT PERU
- All rates for our Peru Packages are expressed in US dollars (subject to currency exchange rates) and are priced per person
- The rates for Peruvians only include VAT
- All our rates are subject to availability and circumstances
- Children under 2 years and 11 months are considered INF (babies) and are not permitted on this tour
- Children from 3 to 10 years and 11 months are considered DCC (child) and thus eligible for special rates and obliged to share the room with their parents
- Children over 11 years old are considered adults
- Minors must travel with an identity document
- Rates do not apply to holidays, Easter, long weekends, national holidays, Christmas, or New Year