Explore the fascinating Sillustani ruins, one of the largest ancient cemeteries in the world!
Discover this stunning archeological complex by yourself. Travel to the Umayo peninsula, view the beautiful Umayo lagoon, and learn about this gigantic necropolis that was built by the Collas culture and the Incas.
This place is full of a rich and captivating history, which is why it is the perfect opportunity to learn about the pre-hispanic cultural past of this region, be mesmerized by stunning panoramic views, and marvel at the gigantic stone constructions. Book your Sillustani Tour now!
|Duration: 1 Day||Altitude: 3827 m / 12555.8 ft||Accommodation: X|
|Difficulty: Easy||Season: All year||Covid-19 Biosafety Protocols|
We will pick you up from your Hotel at approximately 1:45 PM and then drive for about 30 km / 18.6 ft towards the north of Puno.
Here is where we will find one of the world’s largest necropolis: the archeological complex of Sillustani. Surrounded by an astonishingly beautiful landscape that is adorned by the serene waters of the Umayo Lagoon, you will be able to marvel at this captivating ancient cemetery.
Up to 12 m / 39.4 ft high rise the gigantic stone towers that are called “Chullpas” and that seem to defy all laws of gravity as their upper diameter is thicker than their base. Built by the Collas and the Incas in order to bury their dead, “the Children of the Sun”, the architectural style is very similar to the Temple of the Sun “Qorikancha” in Cusco which is why you will find this place so impressive.
You will have enough time to explore these fascinating ruins, take some amazing panoramic photos of the surrounding scenery, and learn from the background information that our guide will give you to explain the cultural and historical importance of this place.
After the visit, we will head back to Puno.
Important: The exact time schedule of the tour will be confirmed in a previous briefing.
- Pick up from the hotel
- Roundtrip tourist transportation
- Entrance ticket to the archeological complex of Sillustani
TOUR DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Services that are not mentioned in the program
- Tips or Extra Money
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
We have different price alternatives that can accommodate all budgets. All prices are per person and expressed in US Dollars.
Email us your quotes and reservations at: email@example.com.
Alternatively, you can also contact our sales executives directly via the phone numbers below, we are happy to assist you.
Office: +51 084-548558
Phone – WhatsApp: + 51 969 787221
Phone – WhatsApp: +51 963 414 234
HOW TO BOOK THE TOUR?
To start the reservation process, please send us the following information:
- Name and surname:
- Passport number:
- Date of Birth:
- Hotel Information: (Very important – We need the name and address of the hotel that you are staying at in the city of Cusco so that we can pick you up at the time when the tour starts)
To confirm reservations it is required to pay 50% in advance and the other 50% can be paid upon arrival at your destination.
- WESTERN UNION
- TRANSFER TO OUR BANK IN PERU
- All rates for our Peru Packages are expressed in US dollars (subject to currency exchange rates) and are priced per person
- The rates for Peruvians only include VAT
- All our rates are subject to availability and circumstances
- Children under 2 years and 11 months are considered INF (babies) and are not permitted on this tour
- Children from 3 to 10 years and 11 months are considered DCC (child) and thus eligible for special rates and obliged to share the room with their parents
- Children over 11 years old are considered adults
- Minors must travel with an identity document
- Rates do not apply to holidays, Easter, long weekends, national holidays, Christmas, or New Year