The Sandoval Lake excursion is an unmissable destination within the Tambopata National Reserve in the Madre de Dios region.
Our 2-day excursion trip starts in Puerto Maldonado, and we will sail down the Madre de Dios River until we reach the port of Sandoval. Then we will venture into the lake to see giant otters, nocturnal animals and we will also see the caimans.
The next day, we will leave early to visit Lake Sandoval, which is considered one of the most biodiverse places in the world.
Come and discover the beauty of Lake Sandoval.
|Duration: 2 days||Altitude: 182 m / 597 ft||Accommodation: Bungalows|
|Difficulty: Easy||Season: All year|
Day 1: Madre de Dios River Boat Ride & visit to Cocha Caiman
Once you arrive at the airport we will pick you up and bring you to your hotel.
After a short break, we will begin to explore this fascinating capital of biodiversity of Peru. We will board a bus to start a city tour of Puerto Maldonado.
Then, we will go to Puerto Capitanía to embark on a motorized boat and drive along the lower Madre de Dios River. During the trip, we will immerse ourselves in a fascinating natural environment. With some luck, we will see Ronsocos, Caimans, Turtles, Herons, Cormorants, and other species.
After the boat ride, we will return to the lodge, where you will be served a delicious drink of tropical Amazonian fruits. Then you have some time to relax in your bungalow as lunch will be prepared. In a cozy dining room with a rustic design, you will be served a delicious lunch in order to prepare you for the rest of the day.
Then our guide will take you to Cocha Caimán, a small lagoon with an abundant presence of specimens of Black Caimans (Melanosuchus niger) and White Caimans (Caiman crocodiles). This will be a spectacular and adrenalin-kicking experience.
Afterward, we will return to the lodge and find a place to watch the sunset, which is almost every day a breathtaking experience due to the full-color range and intensities of the Amazonian jungle sky. You will have some free time to enjoy this amazing place until dinner will be served.
After a delicious dinner, you will have the opportunity to share unforgettable moments while enjoying the bar which is equipped with an excellent board game room and stocked with all types of exotic drinks.
Day 2: Departure.
After a restful night, you will have a delicious breakfast before returning to the airport of Puerto Maldonado.
Important: The exact time schedule of the tour will be confirmed in a previous briefing.
- Transfer from the airport – hostel – airport
- Complete feeding
- Accommodation in comfortable traditional bungalows
- Specialized guide on all excursions
TOUR DOES NOT INCLUDE
- Personal expenses
- Additional services (Bar, Boutique and Massages).
- Services not detailed in the program.
- Wear light and warm clothing.
- Waterproof in case it might rain.
- Comfortable walking shoes.
- Solar blocker and repellent.
- All the rates of our Packages to Peru are expressed in US dollars (optional for currency exchange) and are scheduled per person.
- The valid rates for Peruvians only include IGV.
- All our rates are subject to availability and changes.
- Children under 02 years and 11 months are considered INF (babies), do not pay any service and do not have the right to food, bed or seat on tours.
- DCC (child) is considered a child from 03 to 10 years and 11 months, has a special rate and shares a room with parents.
- Children over 11 years considered adults.
- Minors must travel with an identity document.
- Rates do not apply to holidays, Easter, long weekends, national holidays, Christmas or New Year.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
We have price alternatives that accommodate all budgets, prices per person, expressed in US Dollars.
Make your quotes and reservations by email [email protected], you can also communicate with one of our sales executives at the telephones detailed below, we will be happy to assist you.
Phone – WhatsApp: +51 969 787 221
Phone – WhatsApp: +51 986 994 218
HOW TO BOOK THE TOUR?
To start the reservation process, please send us the following information:
- Name and surname:
- Passport number:
- Date of Birth:
- Very important – We need the address and information about the hotel that you are staying at, in the city of Puerto Maldonado, to be able to pick you up at the time when the tour starts
To confirm reservations it is required to pay 50% in advance and the other 50% can be paid upon arrival at your destination.
- WESTER UNION
- TRANSFER TO OUR BANK ACCOUNT PERU