Are you ready for an unforgettable wildlife adventure? Then this 3-Day tour of Sandoval Lake is the perfect paradise for you.
Right next to the Madre de Dios River, is where lies an astounding biodiversity oasis, the beautiful Sandoval lake. It is situated inside the Tambopata National Reserve and holds an impressive amount of different species. You will be able to see monkeys, exotic tropical birds, caimans, various Amazonian mammals, and much more, just in one tour.
Our 3-Day Sandoval Lake Tour is the perfect mix between adventurous exploring and encountering the Amazonian wildlife, mixed with the luxurious and relaxing facilities of our Lodge. Don’t miss out on this unforgettable experience!
|Duration: 3 days||Altitude: 183 m / 15.2 ft||Accommodation: Lodge|
|Difficulty: Easy||Season: All year|
Day 1: Puerto Maldonado – Shiringuero Camp – Caimanero
Reception at the airport and transfer to our office in Puerto Maldonado.
Luggage not needed during your stay in the jungle can be stored in our warehouse to avoid transportation inconveniences.
Boarding at Puerto Bolivar to our lodge for a 40-minute boat ride on the Madre de Dios River. Arrival at the lodge facilities. Here we will have a reception with a refreshment of natural fruits of the season.
Then, your guide will give you the necessary explanations for your stay and you will be given the keys to your bungalow. After this, you will have lunch and rest until the first excursion.
For clients arriving with flights after 13:00 Hrs. lunch will be served in a Lunchbox made of 100% recyclable material.
Trek and Shiringuero Camp: 15:30 Hrs. Departure for your first contact with the jungle, accompanied by your guide, who will show you the tropical trees, medicinal plants and other exuberant nature of the 60 hour concession.
You will also visit a Shiringuero Camp, one of the most important economic activities in the region of Madre de Dios, it is a reproduction of a real camp where you can see the artisanal process of collecting rubber (better known as latex) and is used for countless products. The time for this trek is 2 hours.
You will have some free time on the way back to the lodge where you can relax by the pool or in the hammocks on the terrace of your bungalow, have an exotic cocktail at the bar, have a relaxing massage by the qualified staff, buy a souvenir from the jungle in our handicraft shop or go to the pier on the river to watch the sunset.
Caiman: At 19:00 Hrs. Before dinner, you will take a night boat ride for a fun “Caiman Safari” where you will be able to see caimans and other animals that live along the riverbanks.
Dinner in our dining room at 20:00 Hrs.
Day 2: Lake Sandoval
We wake up at 05:30 AM to have a hot coffee or tea before heading out to Sandoval Lake.
At 06:00 AM we start our tour of Sandoval Lake. We will ride a boat for about 20 minutes on the Madre de Dios River until we will arrive at the pier of Lake Sandoval.
From this point we will trek for 3 km through the tropical forest’s lush vegetation, entering the Tambopata National Reserve. On the way, you will be able to admire gigantic trees, snakes, monkeys (wasitas, cotomonos or capuchins), birds (especially shanshos, kingfishers and anhingas).
Once we arrive at Sandoval lake we will take a small rowing boat in order to look for the giant otters that live in the lake. We will also be able to observe a great variety of animals such as reptiles, mammals, and birds in their natural habitat.
At the appropriate time and place, while observing nature at its best, we will enjoy our breakfast and relax.
After this delicious and energizing breakfast, we will return to Sandoval Lake.
At 13:30 pm, we will return to the lodge for lunch.
Visit to the Tower at 15:30 Hrs. We will visit one of the two towers that the Lodge has in its facilities. One is 20 meters high and the other is 42 meters high, from which you will have an astounding view over the jungle.
Both are designed for bird watching and other species from the heights and you can also enjoy a beautiful sunset (the guide will coordinate which one to visit depending on the passengers’ preference).
Visit to a Chestnut Camp: The chestnut (or Brazil nut) is another of the most important economic activities in the Madre de Dios Region.
After the visits, you will have some free time to enjoy the facilities of the lodge.
Dinner will be at 20:00 Hrs.
Day 3: Parrot Clay Lick.
We wake up at 05:30 AM to have a coffee or hot tea before leaving for a walk of approximately 20 minutes to reach the Parrot Clay Lick. This is the favorite place of the parrots, a naturally occurring clay wall where you can observe between 3 to 5 species of parrots, which come to feed from this special clay. This is a special treat for the metabolism of the birds and a truly wonderful and exciting colorful spectacle.
Afterward, we will have a tasty Breakfast at 08:00 AM. Then you will have some free time during which you can visit the local market. Hereafter we will board our boats and leave for the city of Puerto Maldonado.
Once arriving in Puerto Bolivar we will first go to our office. Then we will go to the local market, where we will make a small tour with an average duration of 15 to 20 minutes, where you will be able to appreciate the different local products.
After this visit, we will continue to the airport to check in for your flight.
Important: The exact time schedule of the tour will be confirmed in a previous briefing. Moreover, the order and time schedule of the excursions can be modified according to the physical condition of the passengers and the weather, keeping the passengers’ convenience always as a first priority, our guide will coordinate all changes directly with our management.
- Land and river transport (airport/lodge/airport).
- Lodge accommodation
- All Meals (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner)
- Programmed excursions (English or Spanish).
- Entrance tickets to Sandoval Lake and Tambopata National Reserve.
TOUR DOES NOT INCLUDE
- Personal expenses
- Additional services (Bar, Boutique and Massages).
- Mandatory supplement of $50 USD per booking for 1 to 10 passengers, on the nights of 28 -29 July and 24 and 31 December.
- Welcome drink
- Coffee break
- Thin clothing for warm climates but necessarily long trousers and long sleeve shirts for the excursions
- At the Lodge, you can wear short sleeve shirts, shorts and sandals.
- Jacket because temperatures may drop in the evenings.
- Swimwear to enjoy the beautiful swimming pool.
- We provide rubber boots (we do not have size 44 and up).
- Rain ponchos. If you forget to bring them to the Lodge, you can buy them in our boutique.
- Mosquito repellent.
- Sun block.
- Cap or hat.
- Binoculars, if desired.
- Small torch.
- Small backpack for hiking.
- Water bottle.
- Traveler’s first aid kit.
- The Lodge has a policy of not supplying medicines.
- Cash (soles, dollars or euros) for bar, massage and boutique services. You can pay with VISA or Master Card at the office. We recommend that you use small notes and coins to facilitate the payment of extra services at the Lodge.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
We have price alternatives that accommodate all budgets, prices per person, expressed in US Dollars.
Make your quotes and reservations by email [email protected], you can also communicate with one of our sales executives at the telephones detailed below, we will be happy to assist you.
Phone – WhatsApp: +51 969 787 221
Phone – WhatsApp: +51 986 994 218
HOW TO BOOK THE TOUR?
To start the reservation process, please send us the following information:
- Name and surname:
- Passport number:
- Date of Birth:
- Very important – We need the address and information about the hotel that you are staying at, in the city of Puerto Maldonado, to be able to pick you up at the time when the tour starts
To confirm reservations it is required to pay 50% in advance and the other 50% can be paid upon arrival at your destination.
- WESTER UNION
- TRANSFER TO OUR BANK ACCOUNT PERU
- All rates for our Peru Packages are expressed in US dollars (subject to currency exchange rates) and are priced per person
- The rates for Peruvians only include VAT
- All our rates are subject to availability and circumstances
- Children under 2 years and 11 months are considered INF (babies) and are not permitted on this tour
- Children from 3 to 10 years and 11 months are considered DCC (child) and thus eligible for special rates and obliged to share the room with their parents
- Children over 11 years old are considered adults
- Minors must travel with an identity document
- Rates do not apply to holidays, Easter, long weekends, national holidays, Christmas, or New Year