This expedition includes a full experiential visit to the two most important attractions of the region: the impressive Arara Collpa in the Bahuaja – Sonene National Park and the paradisiacal Sandoval Lake in the Tambopata – Candamo Reserved Zone, as well as possible encounters with wild animals.
A reserved expedition for nature lovers, especially for birdwatchers and wildlife enthusiasts – Tambopata National Park.
|Duration: 4 days||Max. Altitude: 183 m / 15.2 ft||Accommodation: Lodge|
|Difficulty: Easy||Season: All year|
DAY 01: TRANSFER TO THE LODGE
Reception at the airport and transfer to the Lodge, where you will be welcomed with a delicious cocktail or tropical juice.
Then we will board an boat and transfer for approximately 02 hours along the Tambopata River to the Lodge & Research Center (box lunch route).
During the trip, we will observe the farms of settlers and birds of various species. Opportunity to meet families of capybaras, the largest rodents in the world.
Reception, accommodation at the lodge.
After a short rest, we will take a night tour and enter the forest to observe and listen for insects, bats, toads and perhaps an occasional encounter with other nocturnal mammals.
Dinner and overnight at the lodge.
The diverse sounds of the jungle will accompany our first night at the lodge (A, C).
DAY 02: CLAY LAMBADA VISIT
We will get up early (04:30 in the morning) and have a light coffee or mate to start our 40 minutes trip to the Chuncho Macaw Clay Lick in the Bahuaja-Sonene National Park.
We will have the opportunity to enjoy beautiful natural landscapes and wildlife on the banks of the Tambopata River.
Upon arrival, depending on weather conditions, we can observe one of the greatest wildlife spectacles: hundreds of parrots and macaws of various species descending to feed on the mud of a hillside, an experience you will never forget!
We will then cross the river beach in search of animal tracks while having a snack.
At mid-morning, we will return to the Lodge for breakfast and enjoy free time (approximately 02 hours), to rest, adventure activities such as zip line, tree climbing course, etc. or the facilities and installations that the Lodge offers.
At 11:00 am, we will cross the river by boat (approximately 10 minutes), to enjoy the Cascadas del Gato waterfalls and take a refreshing dip in a “natural jacuzzi”.
Optionally, we will try to catch some of the more than 250 species of fish that inhabit the area or kayak or canoe on the river.
After a traditional lunch, we will go into the jungle, taking an ethno botanical walk along the tambopata trails, learning about the medicinal plants and trees of the region, and observing the impressive Amazonian ecosystem, where we can see walking palm trees, the Lupuna Museums, snakes, etc.
In the evening, we will take a night boat ride in search of caimans. Dinner
Overnight at Lodge (D, A, C).
DAY 3: LAKE SANDOVAL VISIT
After breakfast, we will start our return trip down the Tambopata River to the lodge, where we will leave our luggage, have lunch and rest soon.
Then we will travel again by boat for 30 minutes to Sandoval Lake. We will walk 03 km to the shores of the lake, where we will embark on a canoe for a paddling tour, enjoying the beauty of the landscape and observing the fauna of the lake,
such as Kingfishers, herons, monkeys, exotic birds, with a little luck, we will see the family of giant otters that inhabit the lake. We will have the opportunity to swim safely in the waters of the lake.
We will observe the transition from day to night, as the sounds of daytime birds and insects gradually give way to the sounds of night. We will then begin our return to the Madre de Dios River and Puerto Maldonado.
After dinner, we can rest or stroll around the city on foot or by bicycle, the rest of the night free to enjoy the nightlife of this welcoming city.
Night in Puerto Maldonado (D, A, C).
DAY 4: RETURN
A farewell breakfast and free time until the transfer to the airport.
NOTE: Entrance fees to the National Park and Reserve are subject to change by INRENA.
- Land and river transportation (Airport/ Hostel/ Airport).
- Accommodation in Corto Maltes
- Full board
- Scheduled excursions (English or Spanish).
- Entrance tickets to Sandoval Lake and Taricaya Rescue Centre.
- Ground and river transportation (Airport/ Hostel/ Airport).
- Accommodation in Corto Maltes.
TOUR DOES NOT INCLUDE
- Personal expenses.
- Additional services (Bar, Boutique and Massages).
- Mandatory supplement of $50 USD per booking for 1 to 10 passengers, on the nights of 28 -29 July and 24 and 31 December.
- Thin clothes (long trousers and long sleeve shirts) for the excursions.
- At the Lodge you can wear short sleeve polo shirts, shorts and sandals.
- Jacket because temperatures may drop in the evenings.
- Swimwear to enjoy the beautiful swimming pool.
- We provide rubber boots (we do not have size 44 and up).
- Ponchos for the rain. If you forget to bring them to the Lodge, you can buy them in our boutique.
- Mosquito repellent.
- Sun block.
- Cap or hat.
- Binoculars, if desired.
- Small torch.
- Small backpack for hiking.
- Water bottle.
- Traveler’s first aid kit.
- The Lodge has a policy of not supplying medicines.
- Cash (soles, dollars or euros) for bar, massage and boutique services. You can pay with VISA or Master Card at the office. We recommend that the money is in small notes and coins to facilitate the payment of extra services at the Lodge.
COVID19 is unprecedented. We know your desire to travel and it is our mission to provide you with the best service. All our tourist services in each destination have the established biosecurity protocols.
Puerto Maldonado is the capital of the Madre de Dios region in southeastern Peru. It is the capital of the district of Tambopata and at the same time of the province of the same name and of the department of Madre de Dios.
It is located on the banks of the confluence of the Madre de Dios River and the Tambopata River and is one of the main commercial centres of the Amazon.
When is the best time to travel to Puerto Maldonado?
The best time to travel to Puerto Maldonado is from April to November, when the weather is warm to hot and there is only moderate rainfall. The average maximum temperature in Puerto Maldonado is 35 °C in September and 29 °C in February.
What are the most popular attractions in Tambopata National Reserve?
*Chuncho Macaw Clay Lick.
*Tambopata National Reserve.
*Nature and wildlife areas.
*Tres Chimbadas Lake.
*Colorado Macaw Clay Lick.
*South Birding Peru.
When was the Tambopata National Reserve created?
4th September 2000
What animals are in the Tambopata National Reserve?
The Tambopata National Reserve is home to almost all the species of macaws (Ara spp.) that live in Peru.
Other common species are the reptiles: the emerald boa (Corallus caninus), the machaco parrot (Bothriopsis bilineata), the boa constrictor (Boa constrictor) and the shushupe (Lachesis muta).
How to get to Sandoval Lake?
In order to get to Lake Sandoval, you have to go to Puerto Maldonado, from there, you must rent a boat, which in approximately thirty minutes will take you to the banks of the Madre de Dios River, from this point, you only need to walk, for an average of 4.3 kilometres to the lake.
Where is Lake Sandoval located?
Lake Sandoval is located in the Tambopata National Reserve, a place of almost 3000 square kilometres where the flora and fauna are the real protagonists. This area is located in the department of Madre de Dios, south of the city of Puerto Maldonado.
How is Lake Sandoval formed?
It originates on one of the meanders of the Madre de Dios River, on its right bank. It is three kilometres (1.86 miles) long, 1 kilometre (0.62 miles) wide and varies in depth from 0.5 to three metres (1.64 to 9.84 feet).
It has the shape of a crescent.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
We have price alternatives that accommodate all budgets, prices per person, expressed in US Dollars.
Make your quotes and reservations by email [email protected], you can also communicate with one of our sales executives at the telephones detailed below, we will be happy to assist you.
Phone – WhatsApp: +51 969 787 221
Phone – WhatsApp: +51 986 994 218
HOW TO BOOK THE TOUR?
To start the reservation process, please send us the following information:
- Name and surname:
- Passport number:
- Date of Birth:
- Very important – We need the address and information about the hotel that you are staying at, in the city of Puerto Maldonado, to be able to pick you up at the time when the tour starts
To confirm reservations it is required to pay 50% in advance and the other 50% can be paid upon arrival at your destination.
- WESTER UNION
- TRANSFER TO OUR BANK ACCOUNT PERU
- All rates for our Peru Packages are expressed in US dollars (subject to currency exchange rates) and are priced per person
- The rates for Peruvians only include VAT
- All our rates are subject to availability and circumstances
- Children under 2 years and 11 months are considered INF (babies) and are not permitted on this tour
- Children from 3 to 10 years and 11 months are considered DCC (child) and thus eligible for special rates and obliged to share the room with their parents
- Children over 11 years old are considered adults
- Minors must travel with an identity document
- Rates do not apply to holidays, Easter, long weekends, national holidays, Christmas, or New Year