Let the turquoise waters of the gorgeous Laguna 69 hypnotize you while trekking through astonishing landscapes, along mesmerizing lakes, waterfalls, and immense mountains.
The emerald waters of Laguna 69 are situated up-high in the Huascaran National Park at an altitude of 4500m / 14,764 ft. While the hike is rather easy, the altitude can be demanding, but the effort will be well worth it. Not without reason is the “Laguna 69” due to its captivating beauty one of the most popular lakes and forms part of a UNESCO Biosphere Reserve and was named a World Heritage Site.
This trek will lead you through some of the most beautiful sites in the Huascaran National Park offering you some of the most exquisite and mind-blowing panoramic views that the region has to offer.
|Duration: full days||Max. Altitude: 4500m (14,764 ft)|
|Difficulty: Moderate||Season: All year|
The hike to Laguna 69 is the perfect day trip for all mountain and nature lovers. During the hike, you will be able to see incredible views of mountains, waterfalls, streams, and occasionally spot some wild animals.
- Departure: 05:00 a.m. Return: 7:00 p.m. aprox.
- 06 hrs approx. walking / physical condition required.
- In mobility 03 hrs, restaurant (optional breakfast), stop at the lagoon of Llanganuco (10 minutes).
- Llanganuco (10 minutes), arrival to Cebollapampa where the trekking starts
- approx. 03 hrs. hike along the slopes and ascent to Laguna 69 with a view of the snow-capped mountain
- Pisco, Chacraraju, Chopicalqui and Huascaran; return of 03 hrs to Cebollapampa
- Cebollapampa to board the bus to the city of Huaraz.
- (Bring lunchbox)
- Official Tourist Guide
- Tourist Transport (SOAT, first aid kit, oxygen) with 50% capacity.
- Entrance ticket to the Laguna 69
- Personalized service complying with the established biosecurity measures.
TOUR DOES NOT INCLUDE
- National or international flight tickets.
- Services not detailed in the program
- Extra money.
- Tips and others.
How is Huaraz known?
The city of Huaraz is known as the very noble and generous city of Huaraz, recognition given by the liberator Simón Bolívar for the contribution of its inhabitants to the cause of national independence. The name Huaraz comes from the Quechua “waraq”, which in Spanish means Lucero.
What is the best time to travel to Huaraz?
The best time to visit this city is between the months of April and June, as the weather becomes more refreshing. The minimum temperature is 5°C and the maximum is 29°C, and its climate is mild and dry from May to September, which is why it has been called “Andean summer”.
How many hours travel time is it from Lima to Huaraz?
The distance from Lima to Huaraz is approximately 404 km.
if traveling by road, which can take about 6-8 hours.
If traveling by flight, 50 min to 1 hour approx.
What to do in Huaraz in 1 day?
- Lagoon 69.
- Campo Santo de Yungay.
- Base of Nevado Pastoruri.
- Churup Lagoon.
- Paron Lagoon.
- Chavin de Huantar.
- Llanganuco Lagoon.
What is the coldest month in Huaraz?
The coldest months are January, February, March, April, July, August, October, November and December. The rainiest months are January, February, March and December.
What are the handicrafts of Ancash?
They emphasize typical costumes and polychromatic wool blankets with designs and embroidery, in which they show the flora, fauna, bridle paths and the rainbow. They also emphasize the confections of wool hats of ram, carved in wood and baskets made of reed.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
We have price alternatives that accommodate all budgets, prices per person, expressed in US Dollars.
Make your quotes and reservations by email [email protected], you can also communicate with one of our sales executives at the telephones detailed below, we will be happy to assist you.
Phone – WhatsApp: +51 969 787 221
Phone – WhatsApp: +51 986 994 218
HOW TO BOOK THE TOUR?
To start the reservation process, please send us the following information:
- Name and surname:
- Passport number:
- Date of Birth:
- Very important – We need the address and information about the hotel that you are staying at, in the city of Huaraz, to be able to pick you up at the time when the tour starts
To confirm reservations it is required to pay 50% in advance and the other 50% can be paid upon arrival at your destination.
- WESTER UNION
- TRANSFER TO OUR BANK ACCOUNT PERU
- All rates for our Peru Packages are expressed in US dollars (subject to currency exchange rates) and are priced per person
- The rates for Peruvians only include VAT
- All our rates are subject to availability and circumstances
- Children under 2 years and 11 months are considered INF (babies) and are not permitted on this tour
- Children from 3 to 10 years and 11 months are considered DCC (child) and thus eligible for special rates and obliged to share the room with their parents
- Children over 11 years old are considered adults
- Minors must travel with an identity document
- Rates do not apply to holidays, Easter, long weekends, national holidays, Christmas, or New Year