Travel back in time and discover the mysteries of the ancient Chavin civilization by visiting the hidden Ruins of Chavin de Huantar, in Huaraz.
These special ruins were known as the administrative and religious centers of the Chavin culture. It was declared a World Heritage Site on December 6th,1985. Explore this fascinating pre-Columbian settlement and see how it reflects a rich cultural heritage.
Learn about the ancient Chavin culture, explore a fascinating place, and marvel at the beauty of the landscape, all with our Full-Day Tour of Chavin de Huantar & Querococcha lake.
|Duration: Full Day||Max. Altitude: 3137 m / 10292 ft|
|Difficulty: Moderate||Season: All year|
- Departure 09: 00 am
- Return: 07:00 pm approx.
- Duration: 10 hours
During our tour you will visit:
- Querococha Lagoon.
- Temple of Chavin.
Our tour starts with the pickup from your hotel at 8.50 am. During the tour, we will visit amongst others the can of Recuy, Ticapampa, Cata, Querococha Lake. Then we will cross the white mountain range through the tunnel of Cahuish, and we will descend until we arrive to the archeological site of Chavin.
We will have a guided tour of the ruins of Chavin de Huantar, where our guide will explain to you the importance and meaning of things such as the nailed head, the Lazon of Chavin, the Portico de las Falconidad and the network of underground galleries. Finally, we will visit the National Museum.
Afterward, we will return to Huaraz.
- Hotel pick up
- Shared or private tour service
- Official bilingual tour guide in Spanish – English.
- Entrance ticket to the archeological site
- Tourist transportation
- First aid kit and oxygen balloon.
TOUR DOES NOT INCLUDE
- Other services not specified.
- Tips & extra Money
CHAVIN DE HUANTAR
Chavín de Huántar is an archaeological complex built by the Chavín culture between the 2nd and 1st centuries B.C. and used until 200 B.C., when it was abandoned. The archaeological complex of Chavín de Huántar is the most important in the department of Ancash, in central Peru.
The Chavín Archaeological Site is located in the province of Huari, Ancash Region. It was an important ceremonial and religious centre that attracted people from different parts of the Andean world to worship the gods that lived there.
What to see in Chavin de Huantar?
Its structures, in the shape of a truncated pyramid, are built of stone and mud mortar. Inside you can still appreciate the monolithic Lanzon, a carved stone of 4,54 m. high in which an anthropomorphic divinity is represented, possibly the most important of the Chavin pantheon.
When to go to Chavín de Huantar?
The best time to go is during the dry season, from April to the end of September. In October the rains start to fall, but even so, as it is a dry place, there is no problem to visit it, except for the possibility of having some problems in the access tunnels.
Located 48 km from the city of Huaraz (1 hour and 30 minutes), at an altitude of 3980 m.a.s.l. on the road to the town of Chavin.
The visit to this lake is included in the tour to the Archaeological Monument of Chavín.
The vegetation of the Queroccocha Lake is composed of totora reeds and different varieties of grasses.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
We have price alternatives that accommodate all budgets, prices per person, expressed in US Dollars.
Make your quotes and reservations by email email@example.com, you can also communicate with one of our sales executives at the telephones detailed below, we will be happy to assist you.
Phone – WhatsApp: +51 969 787 221
Phone – WhatsApp: +51 986 994 218
HOW TO BOOK THE TOUR?
To start the reservation process, please send us the following information:
- Name and surname:
- Passport number:
- Date of Birth:
- Very important – We need the address and information about the hotel that you are staying at, in the city of Huaraz, to be able to pick you up at the time when the tour starts
To confirm reservations it is required to pay 50% in advance and the other 50% can be paid upon arrival at your destination.
- WESTER UNION
- TRANSFER TO OUR BANK ACCOUNT PERU
- All rates for our Peru Packages are expressed in US dollars (subject to currency exchange rates) and are priced per person
- The rates for Peruvians only include VAT
- All our rates are subject to availability and circumstances
- Children under 2 years and 11 months are considered INF (babies) and are not permitted on this tour
- Children from 3 to 10 years and 11 months are considered DCC (child) and thus eligible for special rates and obliged to share the room with their parents
- Children over 11 years old are considered adults
- Minors must travel with an identity document
- Rates do not apply to holidays, Easter, long weekends, national holidays, Christmas, or New Year