The majestic Pastoruri Glacier is situated in the district of Aquila, in Ancash, and is an icon of the Cordillera Blanca of the Peruvian Andes.
Its summit is at a dazzling altitude of more than 5200 m / 17060.4 ft above sea level. The immensity of its beauty is hard to be described. Surrounded by a wonderful landscape, full of waterfalls, high-altitude lakes, and immense mountains, this place is a fantastic site for every nature lover, adventurer, and hiker.
Come and explore the beauty of this immense glacier yourself! With our Pastoruri Glacier Full-Day Tour, you will get to see the most stunning panoramic views and climb one of the most impressive glaciers in the region.
|Duration: 9 hrs||Altitude: 5200 m / 17060.4 ft|
|Difficulty: Low||Season: All year|
After being picked up from your hotel in Huaraz at 9am to 9.30am, you will head southeast of the Callejón de Huaylas, passing through traditional villages such as Recuay, Ticapampa and Catac. Arriving at Huascaran National Park, you will first visit Lake Pumashimin, also known as the Lake of Seven Colours. You will also explore the nearby cave paintings.
Then, walk for approximately 40-60 minutes to the Pastoruri glacier, taking time to appreciate its formation and high-altitude lakes.
After returning to the bus, you will go to a restaurant where you can enjoy your lunch and finally return to Huaraz, arriving at approx. 5:00 pm.
- Hotel pick up
- Shared or private tour service
- Official bilingual tour guide in Spanish – English.
- Entrance ticket to the Huascaran National Park
- Tourist transportation
- First aid kit and oxygen balloon.
- Assistance and permanent communication with a representative of our company.
TOUR DOES NOT INCLUDE
- Other services not detailed.
- Extra Money & Tips
WE RECOMMEND BRINGING
- Cool clothes for the day and warm clothes for the evening.
- Warm socks, gloves, scarves.
- Trekking shoes
- Sun hat or hat for the sun
- 100% UV sunglasses.
- Sun block
- Insect repellent,
- Personal documentation
- Personal first aid kit
- Bottle of mineral water
- Camera for photographs.
Why is Nevado Pastoruri important?
Nevado Pastoruri is catalogued as “the route of climate change” due to the rapid retreat of its glacier caused by global warming.
Location of the Pastoruri mountain
Community of Cátac, 365 Kms north of Lima, and 35 Kms south of Huaraz, Province of Recuay – Ancash.
Climate: During the day temperate and dry, at night cold, with temperatures between 20°C and 5°C.
What is the altitude of Pastoruri?
Reaching the Pastoruri can be a dream trek at an altitude of 5200 meters.
How is Huaraz known?
The city of Huaraz is known as the very noble and generous city of Huaraz, recognition given by the liberator Simón Bolívar for the contribution of its inhabitants to the cause of national independence. The name Huaraz comes from the Quechua “waraq”, which in Spanish means Lucero.
What is the best time to travel to Huaraz?
The best time to visit this city is between the months of April and June, as the weather becomes more refreshing. The minimum temperature is 5°C and the maximum is 29°C, and its climate is mild and dry from May to September, which is why it has been called “Andean summer”.
How many hours of travel time is it from Lima to Huaraz?
The distance from Lima to Huaraz is approximately 404 km.
if traveling by road, which can take about 6-8 hours.
If traveling by flight, 50 min to 1 hour approx.
What to do in Huaraz in 1 day?
- Lagoon 69.
- Campo Santo de Yungay.
- Base of Nevado Pastoruri.
- Churup Lagoon.
- Paron Lagoon.
- Chavin de Huantar.
- Llanganuco Lagoon.
What is the coldest month in Huaraz?
The coldest months are January, February, March, April, July, August, October, November and December. The rainiest months are January, February, March and December.
What are the handicrafts of Ancash?
They emphasize typical costumes and polychromatic wool blankets with designs and embroidery, in which they show the flora, fauna, bridle paths and the rainbow. They also emphasize the confections of wool hats of ram, carved in wood and baskets made of reed.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
We have price alternatives that accommodate all budgets, prices per person, expressed in US Dollars.
Make your quotes and reservations by email [email protected], you can also communicate with one of our sales executives at the telephones detailed below, we will be happy to assist you.
Phone – WhatsApp: +51 969 787 221
Phone – WhatsApp: +51 986 994 218
HOW TO BOOK THE TOUR?
To start the reservation process, please send us the following information:
- Name and surname:
- Passport number:
- Date of Birth:
- Very important – We need the address and information about the hotel that you are staying at, in the city of Huaraz, to be able to pick you up at the time when the tour starts
To confirm reservations it is required to pay 50% in advance and the other 50% can be paid upon arrival at your destination.
- WESTER UNION
- TRANSFER TO OUR BANK ACCOUNT PERU
- All rates for our Peru Packages are expressed in US dollars (subject to currency exchange rates) and are priced per person
- The rates for Peruvians only include VAT
- All our rates are subject to availability and circumstances
- Children under 2 years and 11 months are considered INF (babies) and are not permitted on this tour
- Children from 3 to 10 years and 11 months are considered DCC (child) and thus eligible for special rates and obliged to share the room with their parents
- Children over 11 years old are considered adults
- Minors must travel with an identity document
- Rates do not apply to holidays, Easter, long weekends, national holidays, Christmas, or New Year