Travel back in time by visiting the little-known but beautiful South Valley of Cusco. From pre-Inca, Inca, and colonial times, you will have the full learning experience by exploring fascinating ancient ruins and colonial art pieces.
Let yourself be mesmerized firstly by the intricate aqueducts of the Incas in Tipon, then by the mind-blowing geometry of the pre-Inca culture “Wari” in Pikillaqta, and finally by the beauty of colonial craftsmanship and art in Andahuaylillas.
All that in one day? Don’t worry about the logistics, we take care of that for you! Just relax and enjoy by booking our Cusco South Valley Tour.
|Duration: 5 Hours||Altitude: 3399 m / 11151.6 ft||Accommodation: Hotel|
|Difficulty: Easy||Season: All year|
Cusco South Valley Tour
We will pick you up from your hotel from 8.00 AM to 8.30 AM and will drive for about 40 minutes towards the southwest of the city of Cusco.
Our first stop will be the archeological park of Tipon. You will have enough time to appreciate the elaborate water fountains that make this Inca ruin so special. Through an intricate system of underground tunnels, the Incas were able to channel the water directly from the Pachatusan mountain to their ceremonial fountains, which makes this Inca ruin a true masterpiece of hydraulic engineering. Take your time to stroll around and explore the site while our guide will provide you with more background information before we hop on to the next site.
Afterward, our second stop will be the site of Pikillaqta which is located 30 km southwest of the city of Cusco. It is known as one of the most famous and best-preserved cities of the pre-Inca period in Peru. Here you will be able to appreciate an astoundingly harmonic geometric architectonical design and our guide will explain to you in more detail why it was one of the most important cities of the Wari culture.
As our last stop, we will visit the town of Andahuaylillas which is at a distance of approximately 36 km from Cusco. This town forms part of the Andean Baroque Route and is mainly known for its outstanding Chapel also called the Sistine Chapel of America. While our guide will give you a more detailed explanation you will be able to admire the quality of the remarkable woodwork, beautiful paintings, and colonial decorations that this chapel has.
After this visit, we will return to the city of Cusco where we will arrive at approximately 1 PM. However, on the way back, we will pass through the villages of Saylla and Huasao. If you wish, you can optionally make a stop in Saylla where you can taste the typical food of Cusco; delicious pork rinds, roast pork, piglets, and a soup consumed since the time of the Incas, known as Chairo.
Important: The exact time schedule of the tour will be discussed in a previous briefing.
- Hotel search service
- South Valley (Tipón, Pikillacta and Andahuaylillas)
- Professional bilingual guide (Spanish and English; other languages only if previously requested)
- Tickets included (BTP, Andahuaylillas)
TOUR DOES NOT INCLUDE
- Breakfast & Lunch
- Snacks & Drinks (Remember to bring enough drinking water)
- Extra Money
- Services not detailed in the program.
HOW MUCH DOES THE SOUTH VALLEY CUSCO TOUR COST?
We have price alternatives that accommodate all budgets, prices per person, expressed in US Dollars.
Make your quotes and reservations by email [email protected], you can also communicate with one of our sales executives at the telephones detailed below, we will be happy to assist you.
Phone – WhatsApp: +51 969 787 221
Phone – WhatsApp: +51 986 994 218
HOW TO BOOK THE SOUTH VALLEY CUSCO TOUR?
To start the reservation process, please send us the following information:
- Name and surname:
- Passport number:
- Date of Birth:
- Very important – We need the address and information about the hotel that you are staying at, in the city of Cusco, to be able to pick you up at the time when the tour starts
To confirm reservations it is required to pay 50% in advance and the other 50% can be paid upon arrival at your destination.
- WESTER UNION
- TRANSFER TO OUR BANK ACCOUNT PERU
- All rates for our Peru Packages are expressed in US dollars (subject to currency exchange rates) and are priced per person
- The rates for Peruvians only include VAT
- All our rates are subject to availability and circumstances
- Children under 2 years and 11 months are considered INF (babies) and are not permitted on this tour
- Children from 3 to 10 years and 11 months are considered DCC (child) and thus eligible for special rates and obliged to share the room with their parents
- Children over 11 years old are considered adults
- Minors must travel with an identity document
- Rates do not apply to holidays, Easter, long weekends, national holidays, Christmas, or New Year