Come and explore the second-largest national reserve of Peru, by visiting the indigenous community in the Pacaya Samiria Reserve.
Immerse yourself for 3 days deep into the Peruvian Amazon Jungle. Explore untouched natural places, learn about the diversity of plants and let yourself be mesmerized by observing the wildlife in their natural habitat.
This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, especially for nature lovers and adventurers. Get ready for a life-changing and unforgettable experience, with our 3-Day tour of the Pacaya Samiria National Reserve in Peru.
|Duration: 3 days||Max. Altitude: 182 m / 597 ft||Accommodation: Camping & Hotel|
|Difficulty: Intermediate||Season: All year|
Day 1: Iquitos – Nauta – Community of Buenos Aires
In the morning we will pick you up from your hotel or from the airport and then drive for about 1 hour and 45minutes towards the south until we arrive at the town of Nauta. During the ride, you can relax while our guide will give you a brief introduction to Iquitos, telling you general background information and the main attractions in the city and its surroundings.
Once we arrive in Nauta we will board a private boat, that will drive us upstream for about 3 hours. This boat ride will offer you the perfect opportunity to get the first astonishing sights of this abundant flora and fauna. With some luck, you will be able to observe gray and pink river dolphins, herons, and turtles, amongst others.
Then we will arrive in the community of Santo Domingo, our entry point to the Pacaya Samiria National Reserve. Here you will obtain your entry permit. Then you will continue the navigation by boat for 30 minutes until we reach the community of Buenos Aires.
Once we arrive at the community you will have some time to relax and eat lunch before we will start our first expedition hike through the primary jungle of Peru. Our guide will point out the different species that live here and will help you to recognize them.
At night we will do a nocturnal walk, discovering the wildlife at night, such as spiders, snakes, lizards, frogs, rodents, and the many different sounds from birds or crickets that you can hear at night.
To finish the day we will have a delicious dinner and then stay in one of the cozy typical houses of the community.
Overnight in a typical house in the community of Buenos Aires.
Day 2: Pacaya Samiria Reserve
We will start the day with a tasty Breakfast before we will board a traditional “Peque Peque” which is a motorized canoe.
Then we will drive through winding small streams, searching for the best places to observe the fascinating wildlife of this place. Amongst many other species, you will be able to spot a multitude of different monkeys, turtles, birds, and with some luck even tapirs, capybaras, collared peccary, and white-lipped peccary.
After this amazing wildlife observation, we will return to the community where we will have a delicious lunch. Fully recharged we will relax for a moment before we hike along the trails next to the lake. Additionally, you have the possibility to do another nocturnal walk observing the multitude of birds that live next to the lake.
Hereafter we will end the day with a tasty dinner.
Overnight at the Pacaya Samiria National Reserve Refuge.
Day 3: Pacaya Samiria Reserve – Community of Buenos Aires – Nauta – Iquitos
We will have our last breakfast in the morning, then pack our things and start the way back.
We will board the boat and will make our last visit to a wonderful lagoon where we can appreciate a special prehistoric bird called the Hoatzin and the Anima Cornuta. This will be the last time to take some amazing photos of the fantastic wildlife.
Then we will return to the community of Buenos Aires, where we will have an energizing lunch to start the way back.
We will return to the city of Nauta and from there transfer you to the airport of Iquitos.
- Transfer from & to the Iquitos airport
- Land and river transportation as indicated in the excursion
- Private boat
- All meals during the trip (breakfast, lunch, and dinner)
- Soft drinks and purified water
- Permission to enter Pacaya Samiria National Reserve
- Local Guide and Tour Leader of Amazon Yanayacu Lodge
- Set of sheets
- Rubber boots
- Drinks in general: Soft drinks and/or spirits
- Tips & Extra Money
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
We have price alternatives that accommodate all budgets, prices per person, expressed in US Dollars.
Make your quotes and reservations by email [email protected], you can also communicate with one of our sales executives at the telephones detailed below, we will be happy to assist you.
Phone – WhatsApp: +51 969 787 221
Phone – WhatsApp: +51 986 994 218
HOW TO BOOK THE TOUR?
To start the reservation process, please send us the following information:
- Name and surname:
- Passport number:
- Date of Birth:
- Very important – We need the address and information about the hotel that you are staying at, in the city of Iquitos, to be able to pick you up at the time when the tour starts
To confirm reservations it is required to pay 50% in advance and the other 50% can be paid upon arrival at your destination.
- WESTER UNION
- TRANSFER TO OUR BANK ACCOUNT PERU
- All rates for our Peru Packages are expressed in US dollars (subject to currency exchange rates) and are priced per person
- The rates for Peruvians only include VAT
- All our rates are subject to availability and circumstances
- Children under 2 years and 11 months are considered INF (babies) and are not permitted on this tour
- Children from 3 to 10 years and 11 months are considered DCC (child) and thus eligible for special rates and obliged to share the room with their parents
- Children over 11 years old are considered adults
- Minors must travel with an identity document
- Rates do not apply to holidays, Easter, long weekends, national holidays, Christmas, or New Year