Do you like to feel the adrenalin kick? Do you like to feel the speed and challenge your limits? Then this adventure tour of Sandboarding & Dune Buggy is just for you!
For a whole day, we will go out to the Huacachina dunes and challenge your limits. First, we will speed through the dunes in a sand buggy car that gets up to dazzling speeds. We will speed through the dunes but also stop sometimes so that you can take some amazing photos of this mesmerizing desert with the Andean mountain range in the background. Then you will try out for yourself the fantastic sport of Sandboarding. Cruise down the dune slopes and beware to turn smoothly.
Book your unique and unforgettable adventure now! The Sandboarding & Dune Buggy Tour is the perfect opportunity to try out a new but incredibly fun experience.
|Duration: 1 Day||Altitude: 406 m / 1332 ft|
|Difficulty: Easy||Season: All year|
At the previously coordinated time, we will pick you up from the hotel in order to start our adventure.
We will drive up to the shores of the Huacachina oasis, from this point we will go towards the west, moving more into the desert where there is a wide variety of dunes.
From here onwards begins the adrenalin fun part. We will board the Sand Buggy and drive up and down the gigantic sand dunes. Hold on tight as the driver increases the speed.
The Ica desert in Huacachina offers one of the most beautiful desert landscapes in South America, with incredible sand formations formed by the wind and beautiful views of the Peruvian Andes in the eastern part. You will have enough time during the different stops that our driver will make, to take some amazing photos of the surrounding landscapes.
Next, our driver will drive on top of a large dune, where we will begin to sandboard. While our instructor will explain to you the basics of sandboarding, you will strap on your sandboard and prepare for what’s coming. Dazzling heights and increasing speeds will get your adrenalin pumping. Enjoy this fantastic sport and live it out to the best!
After a good sandboarding session, we will calm down, enjoy the last views over the Huacachina lagoon and take some last photos as a memory of this incredible experience.
Then we will return to the city of Ica where we will drop you off at your hotel.
Important: The exact time schedule of the tour will be confirmed in a previous briefing.
- Transportation Roundtrip from your Hotel – Huacachina – Hotel
- Professional bilingual guide (Spanish / English)
- Entrance Tickets, Sandboards, and Glasses for Sandboarding
- 4 × 4 buggy sand car and professional driver
TOUR DOES NOT INCLUDE
- Services not detailed in the Program.
- Tips & Extra Money
- For this tour, it is necessary to bring light clothing, since the city of Ica is very hot, especially if you do this tour during the summer months (December to March), where the average temperature is 35oC, during the day.
- If you do this tour in the afternoon, it is recommended to bring a jacket, as there may be cold winds.
- It is recommended to bring water, a hat, sunglasses, and sunscreen.
The Huacachina lagoon is an oasis located five kilometers west of the Peruvian city of Ica, in the middle of the coastal desert of the Pacific. With emerald green waters, it arose due to the outcrop of underground currents.
Around it there is an abundant vegetation composed of palm trees, eucalyptus (introduced species) and the species of carob tree known as huarango, which serves for the rest of the migratory birds that pass through this region.
All this contributes to making Huacachina one of the most colorful and beautiful places on the Peruvian coast.
WHAT ARE THE TUBULARS IN HUACACHINA?
It is the ride in Tubulares and Table in sand is one of the main adventure activities that is practiced in the city of Ica.
THE HIGHLIGHTS IN HUACACHINA
- A boat rides to the Ballestas Islands, also known as the Peruvian Galapagos Islands, to see hundreds of penguins and sea lions in their natural habitat. – Paracas
- Conquer the largest sand dunes in South America through the sandboxes and slide down on the sandboards. It is the fastest growing tourist attraction in Peru for its adrenaline-filled afternoon. – Huacachina
- Enjoy what is considered one of the most beautiful sunsets in Peru, just above the incredible sand dunes that dominate the natural Oasis. – Huacachina
- Guide on board throughout the day to assist you at all times, giving you advice and making sure that you, your friends or your family are having the best possible time.
- Treckking through the Dunes
- Visit Paracas
- visit the vineyards of Pisco
- Buggy ride through the desert
WHAT ARE THE DUNES OF HUACACHINA?
The dunes form the silhouette of the west of this country, too far from the high Andean peaks that serve as a natural border for the humid clouds that travel from the Ecuador line. There the sand moves with the wind, forming huge mounds that look like waves about to break. ica peru
WHAT DO YOU DO IN THE DUNES OF ICA?
- Regional Museum of Ica. This charming little museum is located just 6 minutes from the hotel and displays collections from excavations and historical evidence of ancient Peruvian civilizations.
- Main Square.
- Huacachina Lagoon.
- Paracas National Reserve.
WHAT SPORTS CAN YOU DO IN ICA?
- SANDBOARD. You can do it sitting down or risk it and slide standing on the sand of the Huacachina desert.
- TUBULAR. Perhaps the best sport you can practice in Ica.
- PARAGLIDING. And another of the alternatives that you can do in Ica.
- FLY OVER THE NAZCA LINES.
Huacachina is a natural oasis in a desert, it is sunny all year round, do not expect any other climate than the hot one.
DID YOU KNOW THAT?
Huacachina apart from being the only oasis in a desert in South America, it is also the best place to go buggy and sandboard in Peru. peruvian desert
HOW CAN SANDBOARDING BE DONE?
Sandboarding can be done standing or lying on your chest. (Recommended)
If you love strong emotions, you should not miss this adventure tour in which we will travel the desert enjoying high speeds, we will go up and down dunes of around 100 meters high in the tubular buggy or well-known sand cart, and we will also practice sandboarding. huacachina peru
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
We have price alternatives that accommodate all budgets, prices per person, expressed in US Dollars.
Make your quotes and reservations by email firstname.lastname@example.org, you can also communicate with one of our sales executives at the telephones detailed below, we will be happy to assist you.
Phone – WhatsApp: +51 969 787 221
Phone – WhatsApp: +51 986 994 218
HOW TO BOOK THE TOUR?
To start the reservation process, please send us the following information:
- Name and surname:
- Passport number:
- Date of Birth:
- Very important – We need the address and information about the hotel that you are staying at, in the city of Ica, to be able to pick you up at the time when the tour starts
To confirm reservations it is required to pay 50% in advance and the other 50% can be paid upon arrival at your destination.
- WESTER UNION
- TRANSFER TO OUR BANK ACCOUNT PERU
- All rates for our Peru Packages are expressed in US dollars (subject to currency exchange rates) and are priced per person
- The rates for Peruvians only include VAT
- All our rates are subject to availability and circumstances
- Children under 2 years and 11 months are considered INF (babies) and are not permitted on this tour
- Children from 3 to 10 years and 11 months are considered DCC (child) and thus eligible for special rates and obliged to share the room with their parents
- Children over 11 years old are considered adults
- Minors must travel with an identity document
- Rates do not apply to holidays, Easter, long weekends, national holidays, Christmas, or New Year