From Humbolt penguins diving in the waters, sea lions bathing in the sun, flamingos dancing at the beach, and much more, you will have an unforgettable experience of an abundant marine life, only here on the Ballestas Islands!
With our full-day tour, we will arrange for you all the logistics so that you don’t have to worry about anything and can better enjoy this fantastic spectacle of wildlife in its natural habitat. We will cruise by boat through the many little caves, cliffs, and rock formations so that you can get some of the best views and see all the best spots of these wonderful paradise-like islands.
Don’t miss out on this once-in-a-lifetime experience! Book your trip to the Peruvian Galapagos with our full-day tour of the Ballestas Islands.
|Duration: 1 Day||Max. Altitude: 50 m / 164 ft|
|Difficulty: Easy||Season: All year|
We will pick you up from your hotel around 7:45 AM and drive you to the artisanal fair “El Chaco” from where you will take a boat towards the Paracas reserve.
On the boat trip towards the Ballestas Islands, we will make a quick stop to appreciate the enigmatic “lámparas de araña” translated meaning “spider chandeliers”, which are impressive designs on the surface of the Paracas bay. Up to this day, it is unknown who or why someone made these astonishing figures. However, some hypothesis hint at a similar origin related to the Nazca lines that are located some 21 km / 70 mi away. Other hypotheses suggest that these are ancient marks of pirates that used them for navigation purposes.
Whatever the origin of these unusual landmarks, our guide will give you some thought food whilst our captain will continue the journey towards the Ballestas Islands.
Once we enter the Paracas National Reserve, you will be surrounded by an impressively abundant biodiversity, which is the reason why many refer to this fascinating place as the Peruvian Galapagos. From sea lions bathing in the sun to birds flying through the sky, you will see a real-life spectacle of a vibrant and flourishing biodiversity.
From the boat, you will have the best seats to observe and take some amazing photos. We will drive you around these islands, through caves, and along impressive rock formations in order for you to be able to spot as much varied marine life as there is in this place.
Please note, that due to its semi-tropical location and being on open water, there is a lot of sun so we recommend wearing sunscreen and a hat to protect yourself from sunlight.
After cruising by boat through this gorgeous paradise, we will return to the Chaco pier.
Important: The exact time schedule of the tour will be confirmed in a previous briefing.
- Transportation roundtrip from & to your hotel in Paracas
- Tourist mobility
- Entrance Tickets
- Professional bilingual guide (Spanish and English)
TOUR DOES NOT INCLUDE
- Services not mentioned in the program
- Tips & Extra Money
- For this boat trip, you need to bring a jacket or windbreaker, as it is windy when the boat’s engine starts.
- Sunscreen, hat, and sunglasses
- Extra money
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
We have price alternatives that accommodate all budgets, prices per person, expressed in US Dollars.
Make your quotes and reservations by email [email protected], you can also communicate with one of our sales executives at the telephones detailed below, we will be happy to assist you.
Phone – WhatsApp: +51 969 787 221
Phone – WhatsApp: +51 986 994 218
HOW TO BOOK THE TOUR?
To start the reservation process, please send us the following information:
- Name and surname:
- Passport number:
- Date of Birth:
- Very important – We need the address and information about the hotel that you are staying at, in the city of Ica, to be able to pick you up at the time when the tour starts
To confirm reservations it is required to pay 50% in advance and the other 50% can be paid upon arrival at your destination.
- WESTER UNION
- TRANSFER TO OUR BANK ACCOUNT PERU
- All rates for our Peru Packages are expressed in US dollars (subject to currency exchange rates) and are priced per person
- The rates for Peruvians only include VAT
- All our rates are subject to availability and circumstances
- Children under 2 years and 11 months are considered INF (babies) and are not permitted on this tour
- Children from 3 to 10 years and 11 months are considered DCC (child) and thus eligible for special rates and obliged to share the room with their parents
- Children over 11 years old are considered adults
- Minors must travel with an identity document
- Rates do not apply to holidays, Easter, long weekends, national holidays, Christmas, or New Year