The Maras and Moray Tour combines an informational learning experience about the Andean culture and the Incas, with astonishingly beautiful landscape views and mind-blowing Inca terraces.
During this tour, you will learn about the artisanal production of Llama wool in Chinchero, visit the naturally occurring salt mines of Maras that were already used by the Incas, and finally get speechless about the extraordinary agricultural expertise of the Incas in their circular terrace laboratory of Moray.
Discover the ancient wisdom of the Incas, learn about the Andean culture, and get mesmerized by the captivating beauty of nature. Book with us your Maras and Moray Tour!
|Duration: 6 Hours||Max. Altitude: 5200 m / 17060.4 ft|
|Difficulty: Easy||Season: All year|
We will pick you up from your respective hotel between 8 AM to 8:30 AM. Then we will start the tour by firstly visiting the artisan community of Chinchero, where you will see and learn all about the processing methods of Llama wool, from the thread making to the dye and the final clothing. You will be able to ask your questions and soak up all the information before we will continue our journey to the salt mines of Maras.
Here, you will have a guided tour through the salt mines of Maras, wherein our guide will explain to you the salt extraction process and its production. Take your time to stroll around the impressive white ponds of salt, take some pictures and enjoy the views.
After the visit, we will drive further to reach Moray, an ancient agricultural laboratory that the Incas used to experiment with plants and seeds from different regions.
Here our guide will explain to you the intricate experimentation methods of the Incas, while you can walk the designated pathways to experience yourself the depths and microclimates of the different terraces that vary up to 150 m /492.1 ft in altitude levels.
You will have enough time to stroll around, take some photos of the beautiful circular terraces, and get mesmerized by the stunning panoramic views that you can see from the upper terraces.
Once we finished the visit we will return to Cusco arriving in the city center at approximately 2 PM. Your afternoon will be free.
Important: The exact time schedule of the tour will be confirmed in a previous briefing.
- Transportation roundtrip from your hotel to the tourist places and return
- Guided tour in Maras and Moray
- Services with Professional Bilingual Guide (Spanish or English)
TOUR DOES NOT INCLUDE
- Entrance Tickets
- Services not detailed in the program.
Did you know that with the Tour Maras Moray and Salineras, you can visit the Sacred Valley by an alternate route that will take you to the town of Chinchero, Maras, Moray and Salineras.
Note: For those who want to make the most of their time and visit the entire Sacred Valley of the Incas in one day we suggest you take the Sacred Valley VIP tour – Sacred Valley of the Incas connected with the salt mines of Maras and the Inca agricultural terraces of Moray. You will appreciate the beautiful Valley of the Incas and snow-capped mountains, cultivated fields and villages full of colour and tradition.
It is an unmissable tour for people who have little time in the city of Cusco.
HOW MUCH DOES THE MARAS & MORAY TOUR COST?
We have price alternatives that accommodate all budgets, prices per person, expressed in US Dollars.
Make your quotes and reservations by email [email protected], you can also communicate with one of our sales executives at the telephones detailed below, we will be happy to assist you.
Phone – WhatsApp: +51 969 787 221
Phone – WhatsApp: +51 986 994 218
HOW TO BOOK THE SOUTH VALLEY CUSCO TOUR?
To start the reservation process, please send us the following information:
- Name and surname:
- Passport number:
- Date of Birth:
- Very important – We need the address and information about the hotel that you are staying at, in the city of Cusco, to be able to pick you up at the time when the tour starts
To confirm reservations it is required to pay 50% in advance and the other 50% can be paid upon arrival at your destination.
- WESTER UNION
- TRANSFER TO OUR BANK ACCOUNT PERU
- All rates for our Peru Packages are expressed in US dollars (subject to currency exchange rates) and are priced per person
- The rates for Peruvians only include VAT
- All our rates are subject to availability and circumstances
- Children under 2 years and 11 months are considered INF (babies) and are not permitted on this tour
- Children from 3 to 10 years and 11 months are considered DCC (child) and thus eligible for special rates and obliged to share the room with their parents
- Children over 11 years old are considered adults
- Minors must travel with an identity document
- Rates do not apply to holidays, Easter, long weekends, national holidays, Christmas, or New Year