In the middle of the jungle, we can find a beautiful white veil. The Gocta Waterfall is a forceful waterfall making itself heard from more than 771 meters. Tall. A waterfall is located near the Peruvian villages of San Pablo, Cocachimba and La Coca.
To enjoy this beautiful place, you have to walk through the forests starting from the town of Cocachimba, that is the closest town, along the way you can see a great variety of species of birds and mammals such as the woolly monkey, the bear of glasses and others animals.
|Duration: full days||Altitude: 182 m.a.s.l.||Acomodation: Without Hotel|
|Difficulty: Low||Season: All year||Covid-19 Biosafety Protocols|
At 8:00 a.m. approximately, you go to the town of Cocachimba, 1 hour away from Chachapoyas, then you go to arrive at the town of Cocachimba, from there, you start the one-way walk for approximately 2 hours, until you reach the waterfall of the “Catarata de Gocta ”which is 771 meters high, considered the 3° highest in the world; the you will arrive at the Gocta amphitheater, where you go to have an impressive view of the Water Fall, we can take pictures, bathe, etc.
Return to the town of Cocachimba for approximately 2 hours of walking, then in the afternoon, and then you will taste our typical lunch. We return to the city of Chachapoyas. Important: The hours of the tours excursions will be reconfirmed at the destination.
- Transfer to the airport – Hotel – Airport.
- Complete feeding.
- Bilingual guide.
- Jebe boots.
TOUR DOES NOT INCLUDE
- Domestic flights.
- Adventure activities (zipline, tree climbing, kayaking, etc.).
- Airport expenses.
- Telephone or radio calls.
- INTERNET and entrance to the park and national reserve.
- All rates are in US dollars (may vary depending on the price of the day) amounts are given per person.
- Rates valid only for domestic tourists include VAT.
- All our rates are subject to the availability of the current quotation for the US dollar.
- Kindergarten: Children under 02 years and 11 months. This group does not pay for any service and is not entitled to food, bed or seat on the tours.
- Children from 03 to 10 years 11 months: This group has a special rate and we share rooms with their parents.
- Over 11 years: This group is subject to the same rate for adults.
- Minors must always travel with an identity document.
- Rates do not apply to holidays, Easter, bridge weekends, national holidays, Christmas or New Years.
What does mean the word Chachapoyas?
Chachapoyas comes from the native word sachapuyos, that means ‘men of the mist’, attributing this name to it because of the dense mist that usually covers the hill of Puma Urco, which is located in the vicinity of the city; although other authors affirm that it comes from Aymara: chacha «people» and phuyu.
How was the culture of the Chachapoyas?
The Chachapoyas culture was made up of small manors that settled on the heights of the Utcubamba River. All these villages, having the same customs, were politically independent and ruled by a priestly class, led by a curaca.
What places to visit in Chachapoyas?
The Kuélap Fortress
Sarcophagi of Karajía
Mausoleums of Revash among others.
What is the Gocta and where is it located?
Gocta is a basin of the Amazonian Andes located in the Valera district of the Bongará province in the department of Amazonas, Peru, 20 km from Chachapoyas.
What is the Gocta waterfall like?
The Gocta waterfall, known locally as La Chorrera, is a waterfall that is located near the Peruvian villages of San Pablo, Cocachimba and La Coca, district of Valera, province of Bongará, department of Amazonas in northeastern Peru.
How to get to the Gocta waterfalls?
To get to the Gocta you must first get to Chachapoyas in the Amazon.
By land, the trip takes approximately 24 hours
What is the best time to travel to the Gocta Falls?
The best season to visit this region runs until October.
The Gocta and Kuélap Waterfalls: are two wonders in the land of Chachapoyas.
How many meters is the Gocta waterfall?
Considered one of the highest in the world – it is 771 meters high – appreciating this natural gift is a unique and wonderful experience. Come to enjoy.
Gocta waterfall / Height
How long is the walk to Gocta?
You can get to Gocta starting from Chachapoyas or from Cajamarca. In addition, a walk lasts about two hours, from the towns of San Pablo Valera or Cocachimba.
How many falls does the Gocta waterfall have?
Has two falls.
- Tourist transport.
- Gocta Falls Entrance Ticket.
- Professional Tourism Guide.
- Gocta Waterfalls Tour.
- Typical Lunch.
Does not include:
- National or international air tickets.
- Services not detailed in the program.
- Extra money.
- Wear light and warm clothing.
- Waterproof in case it can rain.
- Comfortable hiking shoes.
- Sun Blocker and Repellent.
All rates are in US dollars (optional for currency exchange) and are programmed per person.
The rates valid for Peruvians only include VAT.
All our rates are subject to availability and changes.
Children under 02 years and 11 months are considered INF (babies), do not pay any service and do not have the right to food, bed or seat on the tours.
DCC (child) is considered a child from 03 to 10 years and 11 months, has a special rate and shares a room with parents.
Children over 11 years old considered adults.
Minors must travel with an identity document.
Rates do not apply to holidays, Easter, long weekends, national holidays, Christmas or New Years.
We have price alternatives that accommodate all budgets, prices per person, expressed in US Dollars.
Make your quotes and reservations by email firstname.lastname@example.org, you can also communicate with one of our sales executives at the telephones detailed below, we will be happy to assist you.
Office: +51 084-548558
Phone – WhatsApp: + 51 969 787221
Phone – WhatsApp: +51 969 787221
HOW TO BOOK?
To start the process of your reservation, please, we need you to send us the following information:
- Name and surname:
- Passport number:
- Date of Birth:
- Your information about your hotel in the city of Cusco is very important, to be able to pick you up there at the time of starting the tour.
To confirm reservations, 50% of the advance payment is required and the other 50% can be paid upon arrival at your destination.
- WESTER UNION
- TRANSFER TO OUR BANK IN PERU