The tour sillar route 1 full day, you will experience an incredible natural destination located in the white city of Arequipa in Peru.
|Duration: 1 Day||Altitude: 2.335 m.s.n.m.|
|Difficulty: Low||Season: All year|
08:00am – 08:30am – We start with the pick you up from the hotels, which are located in the center of Arequipa.
08:30am – We start our tour going to the Sillar Route, which is a tourist route with a lot of history and living culture, where we visit quarries and areas where the sillar stone originated.
The first stopping place will be the main square of the Cayma district, where we can visit its church and take spectacular pictures in its square.
The second place will be the Viewpoint de of Vulcans of Cerro Colorado, from here we will be able to see the three volcanoes we have in Arequipa.
Next, the other stop will be the Añashuayco Quarry; at the moment it is under exploitation, the stonemasons do their work from very early in the morning; in the place we will be able to appreciate an immense canyon with cliffs (ignimbrite walls) which are several meters high, formed by the extraction for the formation of ashlars.
At this point, the guide will tell you the history of the ashlars, the elaboration and the use that has always been given to them. In this quarry you will be able to see a Megatallado of the Church of the Company of Jesus made by the masons themselves.
You will also be able to visit some of them, the guide going to explain how is the daily work in the quarry, and if you want you can cut one of their stone blocks.
Then we go to Quebrada de Culebrillas, which is 30 minutes away from Añashuayco.
Arriving at this other stopping point, we will do a walk of about 20 minutes inside the small gorge, that was formed by the passage of the water, which has walls of 15 to 20 meters.
At the end of the walk we will be able to see petroglyphs from the time of the Wari culture, that are over a thousand years old.
Before we back to town, we will see the Apachetas, which are stone formations placed one on top of the other that are a symbol of gratitude to nature and also a good luck attraction, which cause a mystical sensation.
13:00 – TYPICAL LUNCH
We offer the best restaurants in town such as: Wayrana, Tio Dario, Chicha, El Montonero, etc. In addition to up to 4 alternatives on the menu, which the passenger can choose from.
We will arrive in the center of Arequipa and drop you off near the Plaza de Armas.
15: 00 PM COUNTRYSIDE TOUR
We will visit the Paucarpata and Sabandía neighbourhoods, Molino de Sabandía, Via Paisajista, Mansión del Fundador, Balneario de Tingo, Mirador de Sachaca, Puente Fierro.
At the end of the tour you will be dropped off at your hotel.
- VISITS: Cerro Colorado, Quebrada de Añashuayco, Cantera del Sillar Quarry, Mirador de Samacola, Culebrillas.
- INCLUDES: Tourist mobility, Guided tour in Spanish and English and entrance fees.
- WE VISIT: The ravine of Culebrilla, the petroglyphs, carvings of the churches of the Company of Jesus.
TOUR DOES NOT INCLUDE
- Other services not mentioned.
- All rates are in US dollars (optional for currency exchange) and are scheduled per person.
- Rates valid for Peruvians only include IGV.
- All rates are subject to availability and change.
- Children under 02 years and 11 months are considered INF (infants), do not pay for any services and are not entitled to food, bed or seat on the tours.
- DCC (child) is considered a child from 03 to 10 years and 11 months, has a special rate and shares a room with parents.
- Children over 11 years old are considered adults.
- Minors must travel with an identity document.
- Rates do not apply to public holidays, Easter, long weekends, national holidays, Christmas or New Year.
In the excursion tour of Sillar Route, you will witness the whole extraction process and detailed sculpture that is done with this mineral.
In this tour excursion you will see magnificent natural sites whose geological formation is also due to this precious rock. An experience not to be missed.
The sillar quarries
The Sillar Quarry Tour, organised by the Centre for Research, Education and Development of Arequipa (CIED), is a great attraction of the region, with an extension of 2 km. This tour takes visitors to the quarries of Añashuayco, Cortadores and Culebrillas located on the outskirts of the city. The tour includes guided walks of up to 40 minutes.
In these quarries, the visitor will be surprised by the abundance of sculptures, shields, utensils and other pieces elaborated in ashlar.
One of the most popular sites is the Sillar Rosa, a canyon that reflects a captivating pink colour due to the unique combination of sand, rock, ashlar and sunlight.
Crossing this narrow terrain makes one feel like the character from Indiana Jones. The tour is complemented by a demonstration of the cutting and carving of ashlar blocks by local sculptors.
We have price alternatives that accommodate all budgets, prices per person, expressed in US Dollars.
Make your quotes and reservations by email [email protected], you can also communicate with one of our sales executives at the telephones detailed below, we will be happy to assist you.
Phone – WhatsApp: +51 969 787 221
Phone – WhatsApp: +51 986 994 218
HOW TO BOOK THE TOUR?
To start the reservation process, please send us the following information:
- Name and surname:
- Passport number:
- Date of Birth:
- Very important – We need the address and information about the hotel that you are staying at, in the city of Arequipa, to be able to pick you up at the time when the tour starts
To confirm reservations it is required to pay 50% in advance and the other 50% can be paid upon arrival at your destination.
- WESTER UNION
- TRANSFER TO OUR BANK ACCOUNT PERU