The Colca Canyon is one of the deepest canyons in the world and one of the most visited in Peru. With a variety of flora and fauna that make it a very attractive tourist place.
Get to know the Colca Canyon with a full day tour. This tour includes a visit to the condor’s cross, direct contact with nature and a delicious buffet lunch.
|Duration: 1 Day||Altitude: 2.335 m / 7660.8 ft|
|Difficulty: Easy||Season: All year|
We will start the tour by picking you up from your respective hotel at approximately 3 AM.
We will travel for 3 hours to the town of Chivay, where we will stop for a tasty breakfast and in order to be able to buy the tourist tickets.
Then we will continue our journey for another half an hour until we reach the viewpoint “Cruz del Condor“, from here we can have a spectacular view of the Colca Canyon while with some luck we might even be able to spot the majestic Condor flying its circles up high in the sky. From here onwards the visit will take about 45 minutes, in addition to a 30-minute walk in order to be able to appreciate the fascinating terraces of the Colca Valley.
After the visit, we will return and make some stops in the villages of Maca and Yanque.
Before we will have lunch, we will make a stop at the hot springs of Calera and take a relaxing bath in the hot pools for about an hour. Then we will return to the town of Chivay where we will have a delicious lunch in one of the local restaurants.
Afterward, we will return to the city of Arequipa, where we will arrive at approximately 18:00 hours.
- Transfer to the hotel
- Tourist transport
- Professional bilingual guide (Spanish / English)
TOUR DOES NOT INCLUDE
- Entrance to the Colca Canyon.
- Entrance to the thermal baths.
- Buffet lunch in Chivay.
Arequipa is situated at an altitude of 2325 m in the desert mountains of the Andes. This beautiful city is almost entirely built in “sillar”, a kind of white volcanic stone. This is the reason why Arequipa is called the White City. With its one million inhabitants, Arequipa is the second largest city of Peru. The main location, the Plaza de Armas is the most beautiful in the country. The Cathedral is magnificent and the shopping arcades are in colonial style.
WHAT PLACES WILL WE SEE DURING OUR 1 DAY COLCA TOUR?
- Town of Chivay – Located at 3500 m.a.s.l., it is the main town of the Colca Valley.
- Patahuasi – At this point we will be able to observe the stone castles of Patahuasi, located in a mountain.
- Patapampa Viewpoint of the Volcanoes: It is the highest point of the route located at 4800 m.a.s.l., from which we will be able to observe 2 volcanoes like the Ampato and Sabancaya volcanoes.
- Viewpoint of the Cross of the Condor – Main point of the route, and the best place for the sighting of the majestic flight of the Andean condor.
- Viewpoints of the Colca Valley – During the journey to the viewpoint of the cross, we will be able to observe different points from where we can see the spectacular Colca Valley or Colca Canyon.
- Town and church of Maca – Representative church of the Colca Valley, it has in its interior luxurious relics.
- Tocra – In the wetlands of Tocra we can observe South American camelids such as Llamas and Alpacas grazing freely.
- Salinas Reserve and Aguada Blanca – In the Salinas Reserve we can observe free-roaming Vicuñas and the backside of the Misti Volcano.
What is the best season to visit the Colca Valley?
You can visit the Colca all year round. However, the best time to visit is between April and May as the rainy season is coming to an end and these are the months that show the most greenery of the Colca Valley and all its landscapes.
What is the difference between the valley and the canyon?
The canyon is a deep valley with a fast-flowing river. The main characteristic of the formation of a canyon is a fast-flowing river, because the faster it flows, the greater the load of rocks and other debris it can carry.
A valley is a flat terrain between mountain slopes caused by the erosion of water flowing down from mountain peaks. The valley is an attractive place because of its natural environment and scenic value. The surrounding mountains and rivers make these places an excellent visit for nature lovers.
At what altitude is the Colca Valley located?
The main town of the Colca Valley is located at an altitude of 3635msnm, however on the way from Arequipa to Chivay we pass a high point which is Patapampa also known as the Mirador de los Volcanes; this is at 4900msnsm, it is the highest point of the whole route during our tour.
What other alternative excursions can I do in the Colca Valley?
To visit the Colca Valley you can choose to take different types of tours:
*Conventional tours: There are tours of 01 and 02 days where you can appreciate part of the Valley and the main point which is the Mirador de la Cruz del Condor.
*Experiential tourism: in this tour you will get to know more about the daily life of the local people, such as their customs, enjoy their typical food, among other things. This type of tour normally takes place in the villages of Coporaque, Sibayo and Yanque.
*Trekking in the Colca: For people who love nature and are in good physical condition for trekking for 02 and 03 days in the canyon.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
We have price alternatives that accommodate all budgets, prices per person, expressed in US Dollars.
Make your quotes and reservations by email [email protected], you can also communicate with one of our sales executives at the telephones detailed below, we will be happy to assist you.
Phone – WhatsApp: +51 969 787 221
Phone – WhatsApp: +51 986 994 218
HOW TO BOOK THE TOUR?
To start the reservation process, please send us the following information:
- Name and surname:
- Passport number:
- Date of Birth:
- Very important – We need the address and information about the hotel that you are staying at, in the city of Arequipa, to be able to pick you up at the time when the tour starts
To confirm reservations it is required to pay 50% in advance and the other 50% can be paid upon arrival at your destination.
- WESTER UNION
- TRANSFER TO OUR BANK ACCOUNT PERU
- All rates for our Peru Packages are expressed in US dollars (subject to currency exchange rates) and are priced per person
- The rates for Peruvians only include VAT
- All our rates are subject to availability and circumstances
- Children under 2 years and 11 months are considered INF (babies) and are not permitted on this tour
- Children from 3 to 10 years and 11 months are considered DCC (child) and thus eligible for special rates and obliged to share the room with their parents
- Children over 11 years old are considered adults
- Minors must travel with an identity document
- Rates do not apply to holidays, Easter, long weekends, national holidays, Christmas, or New Year