Dreamy Tours offers the best 2 day Colca Canyon experience. It includes a tour of one of the deepest canyons while you will have the opportunity to admire the flight of the majestic condors.
The Colca Canyon has a variety of flora and fauna that make it a very attractive tourist place.
We invite you to be part of our adventure.
|Duration: 2 Days||Altitude: 2.335 m / 7660.8 ft||Accommodation: Hotel|
|Difficulty: Easy||Season: All year|
DAY 01: AREQUIPA – COLCA CANYON
We will leave from Arequipa to the direction of the Colca canyon via Yura, passing through the slopes of Chachani, Pampa de Arrieros and the Pampa Cañahuas National Reserve, where you can see the slender Vicuña running freely around. Then we continue through Vizcachani and Pampas de Toccra, where you can see a variety of birds. Hereafter, we will go to the edge of the Chucura crater in order to reach Patapampa (4,800 masl) and the “Mirador de los Andes“, where you can see the volcanoes that surround the city of Arequipa.
Finally, we will descend to Chivay to enjoy a tasty lunch. In the afternoon, we will visit the thermal baths of La Calera.
At night, you have to option to have dinner at some of the local restaurants (not included).
Hotel accommodation in the town of Chivay.
DAY 02: COLCA CANYON – AREQUIPA
After an early breakfast, we will depart to Cruz del Cóndor which is 41 km away from Chivay. Here you can see one of the most spectacular places in the Colca Canyon and moreover observe the condors that almost always turn their masterful flights up high in the sky. You will have enough time to enjoy these stunning views and take some amazing photos.
Then we will return by passing by the towns of Pinchollo, Maca, Yanque, and the Viewpoints of Antahuilque and Choquetico. At noon, we will arrive in Chivay for lunch (not included). Afterward, we will return to the city of Arequipa.
Breakfast on this day will depend on the hotel’s transfer schedule. The exact time schedule of the tour will be confirmed in a previous briefing.
For passengers who are in hotels outside of Chivay, the program varies as follows:
Day 01: After lunch, passengers are taken to the respective hotel. Free afternoon to enjoy the facilities of your hotels (hiking, hot springs, etc.)
- Transfer from your hotel in Arequipa
- Tourist transport
- Professional bilingual guide (Spanish/English).
- 01 Breakfast – day 02.
TOUR DOES NOT INCLUDE
- Entrance to the Colca Canyon.
- Entrance to the thermal baths.
- Buffet lunch in Chivay.
- Dinner at Chivay’s.
- All rates are in US dollars (optional for currency exchange) and are scheduled per person.
- The valid rates for Peruvians only include IGV.
- All our rates are subject to availability and changes.
- Children under 02 years and 11 months are considered INF (babies), do not pay any service and do not have the right to food, bed or seat on tours.
- DCC (child) is considered a child from 03 to 10 years and 11 months, has a special rate and shares a room with parents.
- Children over 11 years considered adults.
- Minors must travel with an identity document.
- Rates do not apply to holidays, Easter, long weekends, national holidays, Christmas or New Year.
What is the best time to travel to the Colca?
It is the same as the Andean highlands and, therefore, similar to the climate of the city of Cusco. To begin with, it can be said that the Colca canyon can be visited at any time of the year, however, between March and June would be the best months to visit the Colca Canyon, as temperatures tend to be more pleasant during the day, and at night it gets cooler.
How long is the travel time from Arequipa to Colca Canyon?
From Arequipa to the Colca Valley is 150 km, which with stops becomes 4.5 hours.
Colca Canyon altitude?
The highest point during the Colca Canyon visit reaches approximately an altitude of 3340m or 10950 ft
What other attractions can we find on the Colca Tour?
Apart from the main sights of the Colca there are many other activities and attractions to do that are not often talked about, for example:
- Laguna de la Mucurca (4350 m): you have to go in a 4×4 van. It offers a magnificent panorama between the Hualca-Hualca, Sabankaya and Ampato volcanoes, as well as the chance to see many birds, including pink flamingos.
- The ruins of Kallimarca: is a pre-Inca religious archaeological site located 1h20 from Cabanaconde. They offer fantastic views over the agricultural terraces, the village of Cabanaconde and the Hualca-Hualca volcano.
- The ruins of Uyo-Uyo: this abandoned village overlooking the valley was the capital of Colca. You can then head to the abandoned village of Uyo-Uyo, which was the capital of the Colca. There are ruins of the Collagua and Inca cultures, as well as remains of their irrigation system.
- The Chimpa Fortress: is a pre-Inca fortress built by the Collagua people, strategically located and hidden in the beautiful landscape. It can be reached by a 2 h-3 h climb.
- The Hualca-Hualca volcano (6025 m): it is possible to climb by trekking, only for experienced hikers!
- Church of Lari: called the “cathedral” of Colca, it is a beautiful baroque building from the 18th century.
Will we see condors on the Colca Canyon tours?
The Colca Canyon is the best place in South America to see the Andean condor and during our tours we will visit different viewpoints to increase the chances of having the experience of seeing them up close.
Visiting the Colca Canyon in 2 days
If your itinerary allows it, it is much better to do the Colca Canyon in two days, sleeping one night on site (either in Yanque, Chivay or Cabanaconde).
And if you want to make a direct connection Puno City – Lake Titicaca after the Colca Canyon, you also have this option of 2 days in the Colca with transfer to Puno. It is perfect for not having to return to Arequipa city!
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
We have price alternatives that accommodate all budgets, prices per person, expressed in US Dollars.
Make your quotes and reservations by email [email protected], you can also communicate with one of our sales executives at the telephones detailed below, we will be happy to assist you.
Phone – WhatsApp: +51 969 787 221
Phone – WhatsApp: +51 986 994 218
HOW TO BOOK THE TOUR?
To start the reservation process, please send us the following information:
- Name and surname:
- Passport number:
- Date of Birth:
- Very important – We need the address and information about the hotel that you are staying at, in the city of Arequipa, to be able to pick you up at the time when the tour starts
To confirm reservations it is required to pay 50% in advance and the other 50% can be paid upon arrival at your destination.
- WESTER UNION
- TRANSFER TO OUR BANK ACCOUNT PERU
- All rates for our Peru Packages are expressed in US dollars (subject to currency exchange rates) and are priced per person
- The rates for Peruvians only include VAT
- All our rates are subject to availability and circumstances
- Children under 2 years and 11 months are considered INF (babies) and are not permitted on this tour
- Children from 3 to 10 years and 11 months are considered DCC (child) and thus eligible for special rates and obliged to share the room with their parents
- Children over 11 years old are considered adults
- Minors must travel with an identity document
- Rates do not apply to holidays, Easter, long weekends, national holidays, Christmas, or New Year