Huayna Picchu or Wayna Picchu is located to the north of the Inca city of Machu Picchu. To climb the mountain of Huayna Picchu, you must arrive at the checkpoint and entrance to Huayna Picchu and follow the path that begins a few meters from the Sacred Rock,
is an area with very dense vegetation, this path is very steep and quite narrow and includes sections of stairs and steps made of granite stone placed irregularly, there are some that are carved into the rock itself.
The ascent takes between 45 and 60 minutes, depending on your fitness level.
The path to this young mountain is in zigzag, its stairs are almost vertical with vertiginous precipices, the access is a little difficult, it is recommended to be careful, definitely to arrive to the top of Huayna Picchu is a challenge, but once arrived to the place, it is worth the effort because the view that is observed is impressive.
|Duration: 2 Days
|Altitude: 2,430 meters
|Season: All year
DAY 1: CUSCO – OLLANTAYTAMBO – AGUAS CALIENTES
We will pick you up from your hotel early in the morning for your respective transfer to the train station in Ollantaytambo and travel through the Sacred Valley of the Incas. You will see beautiful scenery during the journey and see small snow-capped villages (Apus) and small towns until you reach Ollantaytambo.
We will continue, from Ollantaytambo by train to the town of Aguas Calientes, where we will have the afternoon free and you can do many activities such as: relax in the hot springs of Aguas Calientes, visit the botanical garden, walk around the town and see the Urubamba river crossing into the jungle.
** Overnight in Aguas Calientes.
DAY 2: AGUAS CALIENTES – MACHU PICCHU – HUAYNA PICCHU – CUSCO
Breakfast at the hotel.
At the coordinated time pick up from the hotel.
Then we will go to the bus station to go up to the archaeological sanctuary of Machu Picchu. Travel time is 30 minutes; finally we will arrive to Machu Picchu, where we will start the guided visit to one of the 7 wonders of the modern world: Machu Picchu.
Our guide will tell you about the history and architecture of the Citadel. You will be amazed by the Inca buildings and the natural environment surrounding Machu Picchu. Immediately, we start the hike to Huayna Picchu mountain, this will take us about an hour and a half, but it is worth it, we will literally be in the clouds.
The view is breathtaking and the experience will be unforgettable, have fun and recharge with energy.
We will return by bus to Aguas Calientes and in the afternoon you will have time until late afternoon for lunch.
Afterwards, we will board the train to Ollantaytambo to transfer you to your hotel in Cusco.
The train schedules indicated are for reference only and may vary according to train availability departures.
About the trains: We have two options when using the train; the route is the same, varies only cars, comfort and vision as:
1st Option Expedition Rail Peru Rail or Inca Rail Executive Train: In this kind of Expedition train service, you will feel comfortable and relaxed, and you will be informed about the most important points that this ancient route has and that every adventurer should know.
The Expedition has carriages completely covered by large windows, so the traveller is immersed in the beauty of the natural landscape and makes your Machu Picchu experience begin on the train.
2°option of the Vistadome panoramic train: completely covered in glass, with carriages with large panoramic windows offering unparalleled panoramic views and numerous opportunities to take spectacular photographs, the traveller on Vistadome combines and feels part of Peru’s breathtaking landscape Perurail offers a first class personalized service in which the traveller on board will experience an unforgettable experience.
The Vistadome also features an air-conditioning and heating system, leather seats that adapt to the body, providing comfort and relaxation throughout the journey. Snacks and drinks are also serve
- Services with bilingual professional orientation (Spanish or English).
- All transfers to and from your hotel
- Train trip: Ollantaytambo-Aguas Calientes-Ollantaytambo
- Bus trip: Cusco – Ollantaytambo – Cusco
- Bus trip: Aguas Calientes-Machu Picchu-Aguas Calientes
- Tickets to Machu Picchu and Machu Picchu Mountain
- 1-night hotel with breakfast in Aguas Calientes (hotel services can be improved upon request).
TOUR DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Other services not mentioned
WHAT TO BRING?
- Original passport, student card issued by the same university.
- Trekking shoes, waterproof jacket, rain poncho (December-March), t-shirts, pants
- Sun hat, sunscreen, mineral water and personal medications
- Shorts, swimsuits, cameras, extra money
- Travel insurance is recommended
- Bring your passport or document.
- Please arrive half an hour before the train station.
- In Machu Picchu and Huayna Picchu, you climb many steps, you wear suitable walking shoes, which do not slip.
- Bring a small backpack and, with your camera, bring a hat, sunscreen, mosquito repellent, and a bottle of water.
- Be very careful when climbing Huayna Picchu as you will have to work to climb the mountain, but it is worth it.
- Visit the thermal baths.
- On the train, you can carry only 7 kg of luggage.
- In high season, we have many visitors in Machu Picchu, to board the bus and arrive in some cases, you will have to queue.
- After the guided tour, you will have free time in Machu Picchu, so enjoy the magical moment that appreciates this wonder, open your arms and recharge your energy.
- All rates for our Peru Packages are expressed in US dollars (optional for currency exchange) and are programmed per person.
- The rates valid for Peruvians only include VAT.
- All our rates are subject to availability and changes.
- Children under 02 years and 11 months are considered INF (babies), do not pay any service and do not have the right to food, bed or seat on the tours.
- DCC (child) is considered a child from 03 to 10 years and 11 months, has a special rate and shares a room with parents.
- Children over 11 years old considered adults.
- Minors must travel with an identity document.
- Rates do not apply to holidays, Easter, long weekends, national holidays, Christmas or New Years.
Machu Picchu and Huayna Picchu, The imposing beauty of this natural attraction makes it a must for those who want an unforgettable memory of the citadel.
The path to this young mountain is zigzag, its stairs are almost vertical with vertigo precipices, access is a bit difficult, it is recommended to be careful, definitely reaching the top of Huayna Picchu is a challenge, but once you reach the place It is worth the effort because the view that is observed is impressive. Huayna Picchu has an altitude of 2,667 meters above sea level and its top has an area of 2,000 m2.
The Huayna Picchu mountain is without a doubt the most desired and popular attraction of Machu Picchu, it is the unique mountain that is seen in all the classic photos of Machu Picchu, climbing it is an incredible adventure.
When you see the mountain from below, it looks very steep and climbing it can generate intense vertigo, but reaching its top can mean the greatest moment of your life, the sensations from there are many and the views will be fabulous and unforgettable.
And it is not the only thing, since in the Huayna Picchu mountain there is also the Temple of the Moon, in addition to several Inca constructions from where you can see the entire sanctuary.
Remember that to climb this incredible mountain you must purchase the Ticket Machu Picchu + Huayna Picchu, but you must do it at least two months in advance, as it is highly requested. Machu Picchu day tours
Ticket Machu Picchu Solo
Includes a visit to the Inca City of Machu Picchu.
It offers 9 different income hours:
- Schedule 1: admission is from 6 a.m.
- Schedule 2: admission is from 7 a.m.
- Schedule 3: admission is from 8 a.m.
- Schedule 4: admission is from 9 a.m.
- Schedule 5: admission is from 10 a.m.
- Schedule 6: admission is from 11 a.m.
- Schedule 7: admission is from 12 p.m.
- Schedule 8: admission is from 1 p.m.
- Schedule 9: admission is from 2 p.m.
Ticket Machu Picchu + Huayna Picchu
Includes a visit to the Inca City and the Huayna Picchu mountain.
It offers 3 different entry hours:
- Group 1: the entrance to Machu Picchu is from 6 a.m. / the entrance to Huayna Picchu is from 7 a.m. to 8 a.m.
- Group 2: the entrance to Machu Picchu is from 7 a.m. / the entrance to Huayna Picchu is from 7 a.m. to 8 a.m.
- Group 3: the entrance to Machu Picchu is from 8 a.m. / the entrance to Huayna Picchu is from 10.30 a.m. to 11.30 a.m.
We have price alternatives that accommodate all budgets, prices per person, expressed in US Dollars.
Make your quotes and reservations by email [email protected], you can also communicate with one of our sales executives at the telephones detailed below, we will be happy to assist you.
Phone – WhatsApp: +51 969 787 221
Phone – WhatsApp: +51 986 994 218
HOW TO BOOK THE SOUTH VALLEY CUSCO TOUR?
To start the reservation process, please send us the following information:
- Name and surname:
- Passport number:
- Date of Birth:
- Very important – We need the address and information about the hotel that you are staying at, in the city of Cusco, to be able to pick you up at the time when the tour starts
To confirm reservations it is required to pay 50% in advance and the other 50% can be paid upon arrival at your destination.
- WESTER UNION
- TRANSFER TO OUR BANK ACCOUNT PERU