The Sacred Valley of the Incas is a perfect way to experience Andean culture at its best. Along this valley you can find beautiful natural landscapes and archaeological sites along with Machu Picchu.
Visit the citadel of Machu Picchu, one of the most important religious, political and cultural centres of the Inca empire.
|Duration: 2 Days||Altitude: 2,430 meters||Acomodation: Hotel|
|Difficulty: Low||Season: All year||Covid-19 Biosafety Protocols|
DAY 1: SACRED VALLEY OF THE INCAS
We start the 2 days tour, picking you up in the morning from your hotel at 8:00 am. To start our tour to the Sacred Valley of the Incas.
Our first visit will be to the town of Pisac, visiting the archaeological complex that makes it very attractive, as well as visiting the agricultural terraces and the largest Inca cemetery with 2000 tombs. We will spend some time exploring and taking pictures of the place.
Continuing with the trip we will arrive at the town of Urubamba, where we will enjoy lunch. Then we will visit the Archaeological Park of Ollantaytambo, considered a military and religious centre located on a high mountain, where you can see the Temple of the Sun, the Monumental Gate, the Bath of the Ñusta and many other beautiful places.
At the end of the day, we will go to Ollantaytambo station, where we will take the train to continue our journey to Machu Picchu, arriving at Aguas Calientes station, where a representative of our travel agency will be waiting for you and transfer you to your hotel.
** Lodging in Aguas Calientes.
DAY 2: AGUAS CALIENTES – MACHU PICCHU
Breakfast at the hotel.
We will start the day with the transfer to the bus station that will take us to the citadel of Machu Picchu, with a journey of approximately 25 minutes.
The Machu Picchu tour, offers a spectacular walk, will have a guided tour of approximately 2 hours, in the tour the guide will lead you through the main buildings of the Inca citadel, you will know the development of its stone constructions, with unique buildings, full of mystery and energy.
Afterwards, you will be able to do some of the following activities on your own, such as the ascent to the Huayna Picchu Mountain and you can also walk to the Sun Gate.
At the coordinated time, we will take the bus down to the town of Aguas Calientes, where you will have lunch in a local restaurant.
Finally, we will return by train to Ollantaytambo and from there by bus to our hotel in Cusco.
** Optional: If you wish to visit the Huayna Picchu Mountain, you must make the reservation two months in advance with an additional cost of $40.00.
Breakfast on this day will depend on the hotel transfer schedule.
The tour schedules will be reconfirmed at the destination.
THE TOUR INCLUDES:
- Incoming / outgoing transfers.
- 01 Night in Aguas Calientes with breakfast.
- Visit to the Sacred Valley of the Incas with lunch.
- Machu Picchu: by Expedition Peru Rail or Executive Inca Rail (subject to availability).
- 01 Lunch in Machu Picchu in a local restaurant.
- Services with bilingual professional orientation (Spanish or English).
- Tickets included.
TOUR DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- National or international air tickets.
- Services not detailed in the program.
- All rates for our Peru Packages are expressed in US dollars (optional for currency exchange) and are programmed per person.
- Rates valid for Peruvians only include VAT.
- All our rates are subject to availability and changes.
- Children under 02 and 11 months are considered INF (babies), they do not pay for any service and they do not have the right to food, bed or seat at the departures.
- DCC (child) is considered a child from 3 to 10 years and 11 months, has a special rate and shares a room with parents.
- Children over 11 years old considered adults.
- Minors must travel with an identity document.
- Rates do not apply for holidays, Easter, long weekends, national holidays, Christmas or New Years.
Where is the Sacred Valley of the Incas located?
The Sacred Valley of the Incas is located in the Urubamba province in Cusco, Peru. It is located 15 kilometers northeast of the city of Cusco. trip to machu picchu
All the places you will visit in the Sacred Valley:
The town of Pisac is located 33 kilometers from the city of Cusco (it is known as the door to the Sacred Valley). It is world famous for its artisan market and its impressive archaeological remains,
located in the upper part of the town. This town is important for its location and fertile lands. Its Inca and colonial constructions are admirable. Furthermore, Pisac is famous for being an ideal place for spiritual retreats. machu picchu trip
Urubamba is one of the most important cities of the Sacred Valley of the Incas. It was born during the colony and is considered the world capital of corn. best machu picchu tour
This is possible thanks to the fact that it is watered by numerous rivers that are born in the peaks of the glacial mountains. All this territory was appreciated by the Incas due to the fertility of their lands. It is one of the best places to relax. There you will see many foreigners who decided to leave their countries and stay there. machu picchu ruins
Ollantaytambo is located 97 kilometers northeast of the city of Cusco. During Inca times it was a fortified city with temples, defense walls as well as urban and agricultural sectors. It is known that it served as an administrative checkpoint. It is considered one of the most important archaeological sites in Peru and South America.
The town of Chinchero is located 28 kilometers from the city of Cusco. It is one of the points in the valley located at the highest altitude: 3,772 meters above sea level (12,375 ft).
There was the palace of the Emperor Túpac Yupanqui, which was destroyed by the Spanish. In its place they built the colonial church of Nuestra Señora de Monserrat. This church, built in the seventeenth century, includes paintings from the ‘Cusco School’. The town is also famous for its artisan market where you can still barter. sacred valley, peru
How to get from Cusco to Sacred Valley?
- To get from Cusco to Sacred Valley there are 2 routes by road: a) by the route of the town of Chinchero or b) by the route of the town of Pisac.
- The city of Cusco is 30 kilometers from Chinchero (47 minutes by car).
- Cusco is 34 kilometers from Pisac (56 minutes by car).
How to get from Cusco to Sacred Valley by bus?
To visit the Sacred Valley by public transport you must board the buses in Cusco, at the following addresses:
Buses leave every day from Cusco to all the cities of the Sacred Valley.
- To travel along the Pisac route: Puputi street s / n Cusco.
- To travel along the Chinchero route: Calle Pavitos s / n, Cusco.
Getting to Pisac by bus will take approximately 1 hour and costs 5 Peruvian soles (2 USD).
From Pisac the visitor can continue visiting the towns of Calca, Yucay, Urubamba and Ollantaytambo.
Getting to Chinchero by bus will take approximately 45 minutes. The cost of the trip is 4 Peruvian soles (1.5 USD).
From Chinchero, the tourist can continue visiting the towns of Maras, Urubamba, Yucay and Ollantaytambo.
How to get from Cusco to Sacred Valley by taxi?
In Collective Taxis:
- Collective taxis are a popular and profitable way to get to the Sacred Valley.
- The visitor can find these services in various parts of the city of Cusco: in Pavitos street, in Puputi street, in the Main Square of Ollantaytambo (return trip) and more.
- These services can cost between 15 Peruvian soles (5 USD) and 20 Peruvian soles (7 USD).
- Taxis are the fastest and most convenient way to get to the Sacred Valley. You can hire one on Pavitos Street or Puputi Street.
- Taxi service from Cusco to Sacred Valley costs between 60 Peruvian soles (20 USD) and 120 Peruvian soles (40 USD), depending on where you want to go.
How to get there on an organized tour?
- Joining an organized tour is the most popular way to tour the Sacred Valley of the Incas.
- The tours from Cusco to Sacred Valley begin in the town of Pisac. Then they go to Urubamba, Ollantaytambo and, during the return trip to Cusco, the town of Chinchero is visited.
- The main advantage of traveling through the Sacred Valley on a tour is that the tourist will not waste valuable time making transport connections.
- To hire a tour from Cusco to Sacred Valley, the tourist must visit the website of a tourism agency. However, it is also possible to get a tour in person at the office of an agency in Cusco.
- A good option is to choose a private tour, which gives you greater flexibility in schedules and itinerary. The visitor will be able to choose which sites they want to spend more time on.
Altitude in Sacred Valley
The altitude in Sacred Valley islower than the city of Cusco (3399 meters above sea level). This makes the valley a good place to acclimatize. The altitude of the main places in the Sacred Valley is Pisac at 2972 meters above sea level, Urubamba at 2871 meters and Ollataytambo at 2792 meters above sea level.
The altitudes shown in the table above are in meters above sea level (masl).
Weather in Sacred Valley
|Season||Minimium Temperature||Maximium Temperature||Humidity|
|Rainy Season (December – March)||15||27||65%|
|Dry Season (April – November)||10||22||46%|
The weather in Sacred Valley between the months of April to October, at night the temperature drops considerably, in the early hours of the morning the temperature rises gradually until after noon. tours machu picchu
THE BEST MONTHS TO VISIT THE SACRED VALLEY OF THE INCAS
The best months to visit the Sacred Valley are from May to October, months in which the temperature varies from 16 degrees to 20 degrees Celsius, in the warmest months.
During the day, the sunlight is full, the weather in Sacred Valley is warm and very cool, although at night it feels cold, which is stronger during the month of June, which is not an obstacle to enjoying the place. In the months of May to October, you can go hiking, canoeing in the sacred river of the Incas,
the Urubamba, horseback riding, walk on dry trails and have a permanent company of the Urubamba snow-capped mountains, which are presented in this time in its maximum brilliance and splendor. Likewise, you will be able to enjoy the queuña forests (polylepis) and fruit trees, which await you along with the warmth of its people and their customs. machu pichu trip, sacred valley tours.
We have price alternatives that accommodate all budgets, prices per person, expressed in US Dollars.
Make your quotes and reservations by email email@example.com, you can also communicate with one of our sales executives at the telephones detailed below, we will be happy to assist you.
Phone – WhatsApp: + 51 969 787221
Phone – WhatsApp: +51 969 787221
HOW TO BOOK?
To start the process of your reservation, please, we need you to send us the following information:
- Name and surname:
- Passport number:
- Date of Birth:
- Your information about your hotel in the city of Cusco is very important, to be able to pick you up there at the time of starting the tour.
To confirm reservations, 50% of the advance payment is required and the other 50% can be paid upon arrival at your destination.
- WESTER UNION
- TRANSFER TO OUR BANK IN PERU