Waqra Pukara could have been the fortress, sanctuary, astronomical observatory, are the interpretations for this enigmatic monument of classical Inca Architecture that stands at 4, 300 m.a.s.l. In the chasms of the Apurimac River canyon south of the City of Cusco in the Acos District.
It was built by the Qinchas and then conquered by the Incas. It was declared in July 2017 as Cultural Heritage of the Nation by the Ministry of Culture. The building is located on platforms, squares and a stone forest.
||Cusco – Pitumarka – Waqra Pukara.|
We will pick you up from your Hotel between 03:00 to 03:30 am. Once the whole group is concentrated at 03:45 a.m. We will start the trip for 02:30 hours, in our Tourist Transport with direction to the Town of Marcaconga, then we will arrive to the Pitumarca District where we will have our breakfast. Then we will return to our transport that will take us for about 30 more minutes through an unpaved zigzag road to the place called “Punta Highway”, place where we will stop about 10 minutes to make the last preparations, before starting our walk towards Waqra Pukara
We will walk along a flat road slightly stretched with small ups and downs for the first 2 hours, during this course we will enjoy beautiful landscapes such as the high Andean lakes or Cochas. It is at this point where our descent will begin until we reach the “Waqra Pukara Viewpoint” where we will stop to take the first photos of the Waqra Pukara Archaeological Complex; We will continue with the descent for about 40 more minutes until we reach the same ceremonial center, as we get closer we will appreciate the gigantic stone formations that give depth to the Apurimac River Valley until finally reaching our goal: Waqra Pukara.
In the archaeological site our professional guide will give you the most current and accurate information about the ceremonial center while we take a 1 and a half hour tour of the archaeological zone, where you can take photos, enjoy the scenery, and enjoy the majesty of the complex archaeological site of Waqra Pukara. After the time indicated above we will begin the return path, for an hour of ascent towards the Waqra Pukara Viewpoint where we will have a short rest, then we will continue the climb for about 30 minutes until arriving from Cochas, from this point the walk of Return will become lighter since it is a flat road for a time of 2 hours until we reach the top of the road, here our private transport will wait for us that will bring us back to the City of Cusco, this will take 2 and a half hours. We will be in Cusco at approximately 6:00 p.m.
Important: The excursion hours will be reconfirmed at the destination.
THE TOUR INCLUDES
- Services with Bilingual Professional Guide (Spanish or English).
- Round Trip Tourist Transport.
- 01 Basic Breakfast.
- 01 Basic Lunch.
- Vegetable option available
- First aid kit including emergency oxygen balloon.
- Services not detailed in the program.
- Snacks, Beverages (Mineral Water among others).
- All rates are expressed in US dollars (optional for currency exchange) and are scheduled per person.
- Rates valid only for Peruvians include IGV.
- All our rates are subject to availability and change.
- Children under 02 years 11 months are considered INF (infant), do not pay for any service, and have no right to food, bed or seat on tours.
- Children from 03 years to 10 years 11 months are considered CHD (child), have a special rate and share a room with their parents.
- Children over 11 years considered as adults.
- Minors must travel with an identity document.
- Rates do not apply for holidays, Easter, Long Weekends, National Holidays, Christmas or New Year.