|Duration:||2 Days/1 Night.|
|Temperature:||18 ° C.|
|Places:||Puno and the floating islands of the Uros – Amantani and Taquile|
DAY 1: UROS EXCURSION – AMANTANÍ WITH NIGHT
Transfer hotel 07:30 a.m. Approximately in the direction of the Port to visit one of the Floating Islands of the Uros (5 km west of the Port of Puno, 30 minutes by boat), unique in the world, formed on the basis of Totora (aquatic herbaceous plant), inhabited by Uros families – Aymaras who build and roof their houses with Totora mats. They are called “The People of the Lake” and their origins date back to times before the Incas. They maintain the tradition of artisanal fishing, as well as the hunting of wild birds. Men are skilled drivers of Totora rafts and women are skilled weavers. Then the boat trip continues to the Amantaní Island (36 km northeast of the port of Puno, 03:30 Hrs. By boat), Upon arrival to the Island and meeting with the Quechua families who offer us their cozy homes and prepare the Lunch (typical). Later hike through the island to visit the Pachatata (Pre-Inca Temple) and observe the daily experience of these natives. At night, after dinner we participate in a local party organized by the natives.
Amantaní is located at 3,817 m.a.s.l. It has an extension of about 9 km2. The flora of the place is characterized by the presence of shrubby plants such as muña, kantuta, sage, tola and patamuña. On the island there are communities that are especially dedicated to the cultivation of potatoes, corn, goose, quinoa, beans and peas and their most representative crafts are made of textiles and stone carving. Among its natural attractions are two viewpoints in the highest part, from where you can see the lake in its entirety, as well as some pre-Hispanic remains and ceremonial centers.
DAY 2: RETURN TO PUNO WITH VISIT TO TAQUILE.
After breakfast we resume the boat trip to get to know the vestiges of the Island of Taquile (35 km east of the port of Puno 03:00 Hrs. by boat) dating from Pre – Inkas times and can be seen at the top of the Island. Upon arrival we begin the walk along the stone paths, ascending to the village where we find the natives somewhat shy but very hardworking that demonstrate their art and wisdom to the visitor.
These cheerful and proud inhabitants of their culture and their origin, invite us to appreciate the beauty of the landscape over the immensity of the Titicaca. Taquile is characterized by its friendly settlers, who retain their customs, traditions and clothing in the old way. The locals stand out for their laborious and fine textiles with symbolic symmetrical decorations, of strong colors, which reflect their way of life, their customs and their Andean beliefs. Its approximate extension is 6 km2 and the altitude between the port and the town varies slightly, from 3, 810 to 3, 950 m.a.s.l. The maximum temperature is 23ºC (66ºF) and the minimum temperature is 7ºC (37ºF). Typical lunch on Taquile Island. At approximately 13:00 p.m. we head to the Puerto de la Isla to board the boat that will bring us back to the City of Puno, arriving at approximately 16:00 p.m., transfer from the Port to the Hotel.
This day’s breakfast will depend on the time of departure transfer from the hotel.
The excursion hours will be reconfirmed at destination.
- Wear a jacket.
- Walking shoes.
- Hats or caps.
- Cameras of Photos and/or Videos.
- Transfer Hotel/Port/Hotel.
- Entrance tickets to the Titicaca National Reserve, Taquile
- Fast boat, with bath.
- Professional Bilingual Guide (English/Spanish).
- Full Board Amantani Island (01 Breakfast, 01 Lunch, 01 Dinner)
- 01 Night of Lodging in Amantani Island.
- Lunch in Taquile in a Local Restaurant.
- Ride in the traditional boat. (totora boat)
- Extra Money in Soles.
- All rates are expressed in US dollars (optional for currency exchange) and are scheduled per person.
- Rates valid only for Peruvians include IGV.
- All our rates are subject to availability and change.
- Children under 02 years 11 months are considered INF (infant), do not pay for any service, and have no right to food, bed or seat on tours.
- Children from 03 years to 10 years 11 months are considered CHD (child), have a special rate and share a room with their parents.
- Children over 11 years considered as adults.
- Minors must travel with an identity document.
- Rates do not apply for holidays, Easter, Long Weekends, National Holidays, Christmas or New Year.