It is located in the community of Pallccoyo in the district of Checacupe, at 4,900 meters above sea level. To get there they take about three to four hours of travel to the southeast and from the city of Cusco. The Rainbow Mountains with an approximate of nine thousand hectares, are natural rock formations that are composed of stratified layers of sandstone, and these layers of rocks contain large amounts of iron and other minerals that give the mountains pigments for the various lines of colors. In our tour we can also appreciate the forest of stones that bring together various rock formations in different ways. Be captivated by these impressive formations offered by Mother Nature.
||Low – Medium.|
||Cusco – Checacupe – Pallcoyo – San Pedro –Cusco.|
A representative of our Travel and Tourism Agency will pick you up from the Hotel from 06:00 to 06:30 Hrs., Then go for two hours to the South of Cusco to the town of Checacupe arriving at approximately 09:00 Hrs.
Upon arriving in Checacupe we will observe the evolutionary process of the road system over time through three colonial bridges located in the same town of Checacupe: Inca Bridge, Colonial Bridge and the Republican Bridge, you can also observe a colonial temple with fine carving works in wood, gold leaf and that houses the Paintings of the Cusqueña School – Diego Quispe. Once the visit of this archeological center is finished, we will depart to the Pallccoyo Rainbow Range, located at 4,900 m.a.s.l. Once we have reached this point, we will begin our approximately 40 minute walk where we will appreciate the valleys of eroded glaciers and the brightly colored permit formations that are distinguished from each other and that are inhabited by alpacas and llamas. We can also appreciate some communities and farmers that live in the lower areas of the Pallccoyo Rainbow Range.
We will also appreciate the Ccacca Loma Stone Forest and the Red Mountain. After having visited the Pallccoyo Rainbow Mountain Range, we will continue our tour we will go to San Pedro to enjoy a delicious Buffet Lunch. After all this beautiful tour, we will return to the City of Cusco arriving around 18:30 Hrs.
Important: This day’s breakfast will depend on the time of departure transfer from the hotel.
The excursion hours will be reconfirmed at the destination.
THE TOUR INCLUDES
- Transportation Cusco – Checacupe – Pallcoyo (Round Trip).
- 1 Basic Lunch.
- Services with bilingual professional Guide (Spanish or English).
- Entrance to the Pallcoyo Rainbow Range.
- First aid kit.
THE TOUR DOES NOT INCLUDE
- Services not detailed in the program.
- Trekking sticks, Tips and Tips.
- If you suffer from cardiovascular problems this walk is not recommended.
- Pills for altitude sickness or prior acclimatization.
- This hike is also recommended for children.
- It is important to wear warm clothes, as well as windbreakers.
- All rates are expressed in US dollars (optional for currency exchange) and are scheduled per person.
- Rates valid only for Peruvians include IGV.
- All our rates are subject to availability and change.
- Children under 02 years 11 months are considered INF (infant), do not pay for any service, and have no right to food, bed or seat on tours.
- Children from 03 years to 10 years 11 months are considered CHD (child), have a special rate and share a room with their parents.
- Children over 11 years considered as adults.
- Minors must travel with an identity document.
- Rates do not apply for holidays, Easter, Long Weekends, National Holidays, Christmas or New Year.