|Duration:||2 Days / 1 Night.|
|Altitude:||2,720 – 3,399 m.a.s.l.|
|Difficulty:||Medium – High.|
|Places||Cusco – Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Huayna Picchu|
DAY 1: CUSCO – AGUAS CALIENTES.
We will pick you up from your hotel very early in the morning for your respective transfer to the train station in Ollantaytambo and we will travel through the Sacred Valley of the Incas. You will see beautiful landscapes during the trip you will see snowy (Apus) and small towns until you reach Ollantaytambo. Then, we will board the train on its train journey with the Urubamba River, which will guide us on the journey to the jungle eyebrow. We will arrive at the town of Aguas Calientes where we will have the afternoon free and you can do many activities such as visiting the Mandor waterfalls, relaxing in the hot springs of Aguas Calientes, you can also walk through the town and see the Urubamba river crossing towards the jungle. We will spend the night in Aguas Calientes.
***Accommodation Aguas Calientes.
DAY 2: AGUAS CALIENTES – MACHU PICCHU – HUAYNA PICCHU – CUSCO.
Very early in the morning we will have breakfast at the hotel and then we will move to the bus station to go up to the Archaeological Sanctuary of Machu Picchu. The trip takes 30 minutes, finally we will arrive at Machu Picchu where the guided tour of one of the 7 wonders of the modern world will begin: Machu Picchu. Our guide will tell you about the history and architecture of the Citadel. You will be amazed by the Inca constructions and the natural environment that surrounds Machu Picchu. Immediately we start the hike up to the mountain of Huayna Picchu, doing so will take us about an hour and a half but it’s really worth it, we’ll be literally in the clouds. The view is breathtaking and the experience will be unforgettable, enjoy it and recharge yourself with energy.
We will return by bus to Aguas Calientes and in the afternoon you will have time until the end of the afternoon for lunch. In the afternoon we will board the train to Ollantaytambo to transfer it to your hotel in Cusco. We will arrive in Cusco.
The train schedules indicated are referential and may vary based on departures from train availability.
About trains: We have two options when using the train; the route is the same only vary the cars, comfort and sight as:
- 1st Option Rail Expedition Peru Rail or Inca Rail Executive Train: In this class of Expedition train service you will find yourself comfortable and relaxed, you will also be informed about the most important points that this millenary route has and that every adventurer should know. The Expedition has wagons completely covered by wide windows so that the traveler immerses himself in the beauty of the natural landscape, and makes his experience to Machu Picchu begin on the train.
- 2nd Panoramic Vistadome Train Option: Covered completely in glass, with wagons with wide panoramic windows that offer unparalleled scenic views and countless opportunities to take spectacular photographs, the traveler in the Vistadome combines and feels part of the impressive landscape of the Peru. Perurail offers a personalized and first level service in which the traveler on board will live an unforgettable experience. The Vistadome also has air conditioning and heating system, leather seats that adapt to the body providing comfort and relaxation throughout the trip. They also serve snacks and drinks.
- Bring your passport or document.
- Arrive half an hour before the train station.
- In Machu Picchu and Huayna Picchu you will climb many steps, wear suitable shoes for walking, which do not slip.
- Bring a small backpack and next to your camera, bring a hat, sunscreen, mosquito repellent and a bottle of water.
- Be very careful when climbing Huayna Picchu, it will cost you work to climb the mountain, but it is worth it.
- Visit the hot spring thermal baths.
- On the train you can carry only 7 kilos of luggage.
- In high season we have many visitors to Machu Picchu and to board the bus and enter in some cases you will have to queue.
- After the guided tour you will have free time in Machu Picchu so enjoy the magical moment appreciating this wonder, open your arms and recharge your energy.
- Information prior to the tour provided by our guide the day before your trip.
- Private transportation from your hotel in Cusco to the train station in Ollantaytambo, round trip.
- Round trip train ticket Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes.
- Round trip bus ticket Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu.
- Hotel in Aguas Calientes.
- Entrance to Machu Picchu and Huayna Picchu.
- Professional guidance English / Spanish. (Ask for other languages with additional prices only in private service).
- Hotel in Cusco
- Other services not mentioned.
- All rates are expressed in US dollars (optional for currency exchange) and are scheduled per person.
- Rates valid only for Peruvians include IGV.
- All our rates are subject to availability and change.
- Children under 02 years 11 months are considered INF (infant), do not pay for any service, and have no right to food, bed or seat on tours.
- Children from 03 years to 10 years 11 months are considered CHD (child), have a special rate and share a room with their parents.
- Children over 11 years considered as adults.
- Minors must travel with an identity document.
- Rates do not apply for holidays, Easter, Long Weekends, National Holidays, Christmas or New Year.