Passing through the rich pastoral regions of the Urubamba mountain range we cross snowy peaks and subtropical valleys, along the trip we will enjoy scenic lagoons, natural thermal baths, Inca remains. Because it is a remote place, the area has allowed its people to preserve traditions of weaving from llama and alpaca wool, the cultivation of native potatoes and the weaving of colorful handmade garments with Inca motifs. This tour is experiential since you can see closely the customs and experiences of the Andean population.
|Duration:||4 Days / 3 Nights.|
|Altitude:||2,850 – 4,400 m.a.s.l.|
||Cusco – Lares – Ollantaytambo – Machu Picchu.|
DAY 1: CUSCO – HUACAWASI STEP – LARES AGUAS CALIENTES – CUNCANI – HUACAWASI
At approximately 06:00 a.m. We will pass your hotel to leave for the town of Lares and we can cool off in the pools before continuing to the town of Cuncani where we will begin the excursion. During this trip we will make a stop in the town of Calca, where you can visit the local market to do some shopping, then we will have our first breakfast. Your guide can advise you what things you should buy for your trip and also for gifts or food to distribute to the children that you will find during the trip, when we arrive in Lares we will visit the Aguas Calientes de Lares where you can enjoy the baths while our Cooks prepare a wonderful lunch. After lunch we will start our excursion to the first camp in Huacawasi (3,600 m.a.s.l.). For 03:00 hours you will gradually walk uphill so that you can exercise and get used (training) for the second day trip, when we reach the highest point of the trip. We will spend the first night in the house of our community members who will welcome you very warmly in their homes upon arrival, they will be ready for you to provide some snacks and a hot drink before dinner. Transport time approximately 04:00 Hrs., It is estimated a time of 04:00 Hrs. Walking The weather in this area is hot.
DAY 2: HUACAWASI – SONDOR – STEP SACSAYLLAME – ARURAY COCHA – YURAK COCHA – MISKI INU
After a nutritious breakfast we will begin the walk to the highest point, the Sacsayllame pass at 4,400 m.a.s.l. The excursion will take approximately 04:00 Hrs. and it will be very steep uphill. Of course an emergency horse will accompany us so that everyone will feel safer to reach the top. During this trip you will be able to enjoy huge mountains, farmland and breathtaking views. Be aware that we will reach great heights and the weather can be very cold. After reaching the highest point we will go down and pass a beautiful lagoon before having lunch next to the river. You will have free time to rest and recover while our chefs prepare a delicious lunch for you. Then we will descend further through a forest where you can enjoy the “Queuñas” (Polylepis), a typical tree of Peru. This walk will take approximately 01:00 Hrs. before the reach of our camp at Inu Miski (3,550 m.a.s.l.). A wonderful place in the middle of landscape, where you will receive hot tea and some snacks on arrival before dinner. It is estimated a time of 07:00 Hrs. Walking The weather is cold in this area.
DAY 3: MISKI UNU – QUESHUARCHALLOC – OLLANTAYTAMBO – AGUAS CALIENTES
This day will be spectacular we will walk through the different forests. You can enjoy the rich biological diversity, the change of fauna and flora during the walk that will last approximately 03:00 Hrs. to reach the Sacred Valley of the Incas. Take care, you have to bring mosquito repellent that abounds in the forest. We will enjoy our last lunch in Queshuarchalloc where we will say Goodbye! To the Cooks and the horses. After our lunch we will take a local transport to reach Ollantaytambo. We will visit the beautiful city of Ollantaytambo before having dinner at a local restaurant. At 19:00 p.m. We will take the train to travel to our final destination of the day, the town of Aguas Calientes where we will spend the night in a Hotel. It is estimated in time of 04:00 Hrs. Walking The use of transport will be for approximately 30 minutes. The weather is hot in this zone.
DAY 4: AGUAS CALIENTES – MACHU PICCHU – CUSCO
We will leave our hotel at 05:30 a.m. After breakfast and we will head towards the Citadel of Machu Picchu (2,400 m.a.s.l.) on a tourist bus. We will arrive at the citadel around 06:00 a.m. After a guided tour around the archaeological site, including information about the life and culture of the Incas, you will have plenty of time to enjoy Machu Picchu and Wayna Picchu (2,750 m.a.s.l.) on your own. After the visit to Machu Picchu, we will go down by bus to Aguas Calientes to return to Est. Ollanta at the indicated time. Until then you will have the time to have lunch in one of the most pleasant restaurants. In addition, you can visit the hot waters in the city to relax a little. Walking time: 02:00 Hours. With a moderate hot weather.
- Tourist Transport Cusco – Calca – Lares.
- Bilingual Professional Guide Service (Request Language)
- Tourist train from Est. Ollanta to Aguas Calientes – Est. Ollanta, depending on availability.
- Bus Consettur Aguas Calientes – Machupicchu.
- Lares Hot Springs Entrance.
- Entrance Citadel of Machupicchu.
- 01 Night in Basic Accommodation in Aguas Calientes
- Camping equipment (bedroom tent, dining tent, mats, tables, chairs).
- Mules and muleteers (camping equipment and food).
- Cook and Assistant (Kitchen Equipment)
- Food 3 Breakfasts – 3 Lunches – 3 Dinners.
- First Aid Kit – Oxygen Balloon.
- Emergency Horse (minimum 2 people)
- Sleeping bag.
- First Breakfast, Last Lunch in Aguas Calientes.
- Extra horse
- Expenses not mentioned in the itinerary
- Entrance to Huaynapicchu (+ USD 30.00 – depending on availability)
- Bus ticket Consettur Machupicchu – Aguas Calientes. (This is possible on foot and takes 01:20 Hrs. or also the possibility of buying a ticket and it costs $ 12.00 per person)
- All rates are expressed in US dollars (optional for currency exchange) and are scheduled per person.
- Rates valid only for Peruvians include IGV.
- All our rates are subject to availability and change.
- The Deposit is not refundable.
- There is no deposit refund when the visitor decides to leave the trip.
- All passengers must carry the following documents: Passport and student card when appropriate.
- Passengers must have their travel insurance covering the following: Personal Accidents, Medical Expenses and Loss of Belongings.
- The first 50% deposit will be at 24 Hrs. confirmed the availability of spaces since the Inka Trail has a greater demand for visitors.
- The remaining balance of 50% will be paid 20 days before the Adventure Tour.
- All trips that are canceled 15 days prior to the trip departure will be subject to the withholding of cancellation fees for services already paid.