This adventure offers us the best views of the valley, hike through the mountains, crossing high Andean communities with stunning views of snowfall, and beautiful waterfalls and lagoons in addition to the people of the Andes, we can appreciate the beauty of panoramic views, each day touring a stage different in the Lares Valley and a section of the Classic Inca Trail.
|Duration:||4 Days / 3 Nights.|
||All year except February.|
||Cusco – Quiswarani – Cuncani – Lares – Ollantaytambo – Machu Picchu|
DAY 1: CUSCO – QUISHUARANI – CUNCANI
In the morning our transport will pick us up from Cusco. We will pass through the Sacred Valley of the Incas where we will take a detour that, after approximately 03:00 Hrs. Travel will take us to the community of Quishuarani. There we will meet the muleteers and load the equipment on horses to start the walk. We will start with a rise of approximately 02:30 Hrs. until we reach the Huillquikasa pass (4,400 m.a.s.l.), to continue with a descent with a spectacular view of a group of brightly colored lagoons and a great variety of birds and vizcachas is similar Andean Rabbit, until we reach our first camp near the community of Cuncani.
DAY 2: CUNCANI – LARES – OLLANTAYTAMBO
This day will be easier, at 07:00 am. We will have our breakfast. In this small town we have the opportunity to visit the house of one of the Community members who will share with us the way they live in a simple way in deep connection with nature, the preservation of traditional customs in agriculture, weaving, showing their textile skills of past generations, the use of medicinal plants, etc. After 04:00 Hrs. walking downhill we will reach the town of Lares, where we will find the Lares Thermal Baths in turn we can enjoy the Medicinal Waters that this place has. After our lunch we will continue with the trip by 03:00 Hrs. in our tourist transport to the Town of Ollantaytambo. Where we will spend the night.
** Accommodation: Basic
DAY 3: OLLANTAYTAMBO – KM. 104 – AGUAS CALIENTES
We will take the train at the train station in Ollantaytambo. We will travel by train for one hour and 45 minutes to Km 104 (Beginning of our trek.), At this point after presenting passports in the control, we will begin to walk gently a few meters from the Vilcanota River. Starting the road, we will see the ruins of Chachabamba, a stone altar that served to worship the sun and the mountains, still revered by the local people. We will continue the path to the south and begin a gradual ascent to the mountain. After walking 3 hours, the road descends into an amazing forest. Here we will find a beautiful waterfall, and then we will reach the bottom of the Wiñaywayna ruins. We will appreciate the beauty of this place, complemented by the information of our expert guide.
After taking our small Lunch (Box Lunch) in Wiñaywayna we will continue in the afternoon in the forest, full of bromeliads, orchids, and fern trees. As we walk this last part of the road, we will pass through many impressive features such as stone stairs and Tambos (“resting places”). You will descend 60 stairs before reaching Inti Punku (“the door of the sun”). From this point, you can contemplate and observe this wonderful place. Then we will descend for 45 minutes until we reach the viewpoint, from here you can watch the sunset. We will descend to the entrance of Machu Picchu where we will board the bus to the town of Aguas Calientes.
** Accommodation in Aguas Calientes.
DAY 4: AGUAS CALIENTES – MACHU PICCHU – CUSCO
Breakfast from 04:30 am, then we will board the first bus to the Historic Sanctuary of Machu Picchu and start the guided tour in this enigmatic and mysterious city that is explored for approximately 2-3 hours with a Professional Guide, you can visit the most impressive places such as the Royal Mausoleum, the Temple of the 3 Windows, the Main Temple, the Sacred Square, the famous Intihuatana where the wise Inkas moored the Sun on the winter solstice in June, Steps, Squares, Fountains, etc. Finishing the excursion, we will return to the town of Aguas Calientes. At the coordinated time we will take the train back to the Ollantaytambo Station where a Transfer will wait for us to take us to the Bus to the City of Cusco.
- The excursion hours will be reconfirmed at the destination.
- The entrance to Huaynapicchu must confirm at the time of making your reservation and is subject to availability of quotas. (maximum 400 seats per day)
- Pick up from your Hotel and transfer to the First Visiting Point.
- Tourist Transport Cusco – Quiswarani.
- Tourist Transport Lares – Ollantaytambo.
- Horses and Arriero for the Camp and Food team.
- Camping equipment (Kitchen Tents, Dining Tent, Bedroom Tent, Flask, Tables, Benches, etc.)
- Train Ticket up to Km. 104 (starting point of the excursion.)
- Entrance to the Inca Trail park and the Machu Picchu Sanctuary.
- Professional Guide.
- Guided visits to Chachabamba, Wiñaywayna, and Choquesuysuy.
- Guided tour in the Citadel of Machu Picchu on the second day.
- Food according to the itinerary 2 Breakfasts, 2 Lunches, 2 Dinners.
- 01 Box Lunch.
- 01 night of Basic accommodation in Ollantaytambo.
- Ticket of Bus Consettur RT Machu Picchu – Aguas Calientes.
- Est Ollanta return train ticket – Cusco.
- Transfer to the City of Cusco.
- Services not detailed in the Valle de Lares program – Inca Trail 2D / 1N
- 01 First Day Breakfast.
- Dinner at Ollantaytambo.
- Lunch in Aguas Calientes (4th day)
- Life Insurance.
- Additional nights due to bad weather
- Personal care items.
- Entrance to Huaynapicchu (+ USD 30.00 – depending on availability)
- All rates are expressed in US dollars (optional for currency exchange) and are scheduled per person.
- Rates valid only for Peruvians include IGV.
- All our rates are subject to availability and change.
- The Deposit is not refundable.
- There is no deposit refund when the visitor decides to leave the trip.
- All passengers must carry the following documents: Passport and student card when appropriate.
- Passengers must have their travel insurance covering the following: Personal Accidents, Medical Expenses and Loss of Belongings.
- The first 50% deposit will be at 24 Hrs. confirmed the availability of spaces since the Inka Trail has a greater demand for visitors.
- The remaining balance of 50% will be paid 20 days before the Adventure Tour.
- All trips that are canceled 15 days prior to the trip departure will be subject to the withholding of cancellation fees for services already paid.