A minimum of 2 people is required, for the group Ausangate tour.
The snow of Ausangate is at (6,398 m.a.s.l.), is considered, one of the most beautiful snow in the Andes. The trip in mobility is 04 hours from Cusco to Tinqui (3,900 m.a.s.l.), it is an excellent combination, due to the temperature change in such a high ecological level of constant unevenness. Ausangate is from picturesque mountains, glaciers, lagoons, rivers, etc. The hospitality of its people, maintains and preserves the knowledge of respect for the natural from the mountains to their farmland that is the livelihood of the peasant experience. This is the place of camelids such as Vicuna, Alpaca and llama; Appreciated for the fine quality of wool and meat.
|Duration:||4 Days / 3 Nights.|
|Altitude:||3,205 – 4,450 m.a.s.l.|
|Season: ||April – November.|
|Places:||Cusco – Soqma- Perolniyoc – Rayan – Pukakasa – Inti Punku – Choquetacarpo – Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu.|
DAY 01: SOQMA – RAYAN
Pick up from the Hotel at 04:00 a.m. approximately, towards the Sacred Valley 01:40 Hrs. to reach the town of Soqma (3,205 m.a.s.l.). That is the starting point of the Cachicata hike, the riders will be waiting for us in this town ready for this adventure hike; we will go gently following one of the side valleys, walking 1:30 Hrs., we will stop at the Perolniyoc Waterfall; which is one of the most beautiful falls in the northern part of the Sacred Valley. We will continue our walk for another hour to climb the archaeological site of Perolniyoc, located above the waterfall, after exploring the ruins with our guide, we will walk for an hour to reach our lunch and camping site; We spend the night in the Rayan area (3,700 m.a.s.l.). Estimated walking time 04:00 to 05:00 Hrs. approximately.
DAY 02: RAYAN – INTIPUNKU – CHOQUETACARPO
After breakfast we will depart from the camping area, 03:00 Hrs. Slow walking will take us to the pass called Pukakasa (4,450 m.a.s.l.), for many people this is the hardest section due to the altitude, but it is the most spectacular day, we will see many snowy mountains and the Sacred Valley on the other side. Once we reach the mountain there will be a magical feeling of surviving one of the highest steps in this mountain range.
Then we walked downhill for 25 minutes to our lunch spot. In the afternoon, we will hike for 02:00 Hrs. more of wavy road with ascents and descents. The last 25 minutes of this segment take us uphill to the highest pass of the trek, Kuychi K’asa (4,457 m.a.s.l.). Then the walk goes down 2:00 Hrs, to the famous site called Inti Punku, or the Sun Gate, where we will have a spectacular view of the Veronica Mountain (5,682 m.a.s.l.) and the Sacred Valley of the Incas. We will spend the night in Choquetacarpo, which is 30 minutes down from Inti Punku (3,600 m.a.s.l.). Estimated walking time 08:00 to 09:00 Hrs. Approximately.
DAY 03: CHOQUETACARPO – OLLANTAYTAMBO – AGUAS CALIENTES
After breakfast we will continue our walk to Cachicata for an hour to reach the Inca Quarry (3,525 m.a.s.l.), which is why it is called Cachicata Trek; where we can walk and observe all the stone works made by the Incas builders before transporting to Ollantaytambo. Our guide will show us the remains of the unfinished stone work left by the Incas, by the invasion of the Spanish conquerors.
From the Cachiqata quarry we will descend by 03:00 Hrs. until you reach Ollantaytambo. Place of our lunch. In the afternoon we will have a train connection to Aguas Calientes, where we will spend the night in a Basic Hotel and have a Dinner at a Local Restaurant. Estimated walking time 04:00 Hrs. approximately.
DAY 04: MACHUPICCHU – CUSCO
After Breakfast at the Hotel we will go to the Puente Ruinas Station to take a bus very early at 05:30 a.m. The guide will teach you the whole history of this mysterious and mystical place. We will visit the Temple of the Sun, the Royal Palace, the Main Temple, the Temple of the Three Windows and the Dial of the Sun. After the guided tour, you will have free time to explore on your own or take the following options:
Optional: Visit the Puerta del Sol where you will have the opportunity to walk (approximately 02:00 Hrs. Walk to the Inca Bridge: The Inca Bridge offers a dose of adventure for your next visit to Machu Picchu. However, in this case, the adventure is a little less strenuous, but death much more challenging, not for people with vertigo, or climb some of the mountains that Machupicchu has, but book in advance, because there are not many points.
In the afternoon we will return to the Aguas Calientes train station to return to the Ollantaytambo Station. Upon arrival a transfer will wait for you to take you to the Bus that will take us back to the City of Cusco.
The excursion hours will be reconfirmed at destination.
- Information prior to departure 1 or 2 days before the walk
- Pick up from your Hotel in Cusco
- Horses to carry our Camping and Kitchen Equipment
- Professional Bilingual Guide (English / Spanish) request language at the time of booking.
- Seasonal tents, with capacity for 4 people, but used only by 2
- 03 Breakfasts, 04 Lunches, 04 Dinners
- First aid kit including emergency oxygen bottle
- Train from Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes – Ollantaytambo
- Transfer from the train station to Cusco
- One-night accommodation at the Aguas Calientes Hotel
- Bus from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu
- Entrance ticket to Machu Picchu
- Sleeping bag: can be rented in our office
- Walking sticks
- Lunch in Aguas Calientes on the last day.
- Tips (cook, rider and guide)
- Travel insurance
- Huaynapicchu Mountain.
- All rates are expressed in US dollars (optional for currency exchange) and are scheduled per person.
- Rates valid only for Peruvians include IGV.
- All our rates are subject to availability and change.
- The Deposit is not refundable.
- There is no deposit refund when the visitor decides to leave the trip.
- All passengers must carry the following documents: Passport and student card when appropriate.
- Passengers must have their travel insurance covering the following: Personal Accidents, Medical Expenses and Loss of Belongings.
- The first 50% deposit will be at 24 Hrs. confirmed the availability of spaces since the Inka Trail has a greater demand for visitors.
- The remaining balance of 50% will be paid 20 days before the Adventure Tour.
- All trips that are canceled 15 days prior to the trip departure will be subject to the withholding of cancellation fees for services already paid.