The 2-day Inca Trail is a short version of the famous and wonderful Classic Inca Trail, especially for people who have little time and enjoy adventure travel. The route starts at km 104 where you will start the walk to the Wiñahuayna complex. We will continue to Inti Punkuonde where we will see an impressive sunset and then continue to the village of Aguas Calientes where we will spend the night. The next day early we will start the tour and tour to Machu Picchu, “the lost city of the Incas”.
|Duration:||4 Days / 3 Nights.|
|Altitude:||2,430 – 3,399 m.a.s.l.|
||Cusco – Ollantaytambo – Km 104 – Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu|
DAY 01: CUSCO
Arrival to the city of Cusco, Reception and Transfer by a Representative of Our Agency to the selected Hotel. Rest of the day off to acclimatize to the height of 3,350 m.a.s.l. Approx. Briefing at the Hotel to give the latest recommendations of the Tour at approximately 18:00 p.m.
** Accommodation in Cusco.
DAY 02: CUSCO – OLLANTAYTAMBO – AGUAS CALIENTES
Pick up from the Hotel at 04:00 am to transfer it for a 02:00 hour trip, to the train station in Ollantaytambo. We will travel by train for one hour and 45 minutes to Km 104 (Start of our trek). At Km. 104 after presenting passports in the control, we began to walk gently a few meters from the Vilcanota River. Starting the road we will see the ruins of Chachabamba, a stone altar that served to worship the sun and the mountains, still revered by the local people. We will continue the path to the south and begin a gradual ascent to the mountain. After walking 03:00 hours, the road descends into an amazing forest. Here we will find a beautiful waterfall, and then we will reach the bottom of the Wiñaywayna ruins. We will appreciate the beauty of this place, complemented by the information of our expert guide. After taking our little Lunch (Box Lunch), in Wiñaywayna we will continue in the afternoon in the forest, full of bromeliads, orchids, and fern trees. As we walk this last part of the road, we will pass through many impressive features such as stone stairs and tambos (“resting places”). You will descend 60 stairs before reaching Inti Punku (“the door of the sun”). From this point, you can contemplate and observe this wonderful place. Then we will descend for 45 minutes until we reach the viewpoint, from here you can watch the sunset. We will descend to the entrance of Machu Picchu where we will board the bus to the town of Aguas Calientes. Accommodation in Aguas Calientes.
** Accommodation in Aguas Calientes.
DAY 03: AGUAS CALIENTES – MACHU PICCHU – CUSCO
Breakfast from 04:30 am, then we will board the first bus to Machu Picchu and start the guided tour of Machu Picchu, this enigmatic and mysterious city is explored for approximately 02:00 between 03:00 hours with a professional guide, you can visit the most impressive places like the royal mausoleum, the temple of the 3 windows, the main temple, the sacred square, the famous Intihuatana where the wise Incas tied the sun on the winter solstice in June, stairways, squares, fountains, etc. Finishing the excursion we will return to the town of Aguas Calientes. At the coordinated time we will take the train back to the Ollantaytambo Station where a Transfer will wait for us to take us to the Bus to the City of Cusco.
** Accommodation in Cusco.
DAY 04: CUSCO
Breakfast at the hotel. At the appropriate time, departure transfer.
The Inca Trail is closed during the month of February, due to the rainy season.
The train Included in all excursions is Tourist (from / to Ollantaytambo), the train schedule is only confirmed day before the start of the trip, if you joined a group day before the start of the tour, we cannot guarantee that you travel in The same train as the rest of the group.
- In / Out Transfers.
- Tourist Transport Cusco – Ollanta – Cusco
- 02 Nights accommodation in Cusco with breakfast.
- 01 Nights of accommodation in Aguas Calientes with breakfast.
- Pick up from your hotel and transfer to the train station.
- Train ticket up to km 104 (starting point of the excursion).
- Entrance to the Inca Trail park and the Machu Picchu Sanctuary.
- Professional English / Spanish Guide Service (Request Language).
- Guided visits to Chachabamba, Wiñaywayna, and Choquesuysuy.
- Guided tour of Machu Picchu on the second day.
- Tourist Bus Consettur RT of Machupicchu – Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu (02)
- 01 lunch, 01 dinner and 01 breakfast.
- 01 Night of Lodging in Aguas Calientes in Accommodation 2 Stars.
- Tourist Train from Aguas Calientes to Cusco according to availability.
- National or international air tickets.
- Services not detailed in the program.
- Lunch in Aguas Calientes (2nd day)
- The third Consettur Bus from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes. (This is possible on foot and takes 01:20 Hrs. Or also the possibility of buying a ticket and it costs $ 12.00 per person)
- Life insurance.
- Additional nights due to bad weather
- Personal care items.
- All rates are expressed in US dollars (optional for currency exchange) and are scheduled per person.
- Rates valid only for Peruvians include IGV.
- All our rates are subject to availability and change.
- The Deposit is not refundable.
- There is no deposit refund when the visitor decides to leave the trip.
- All passengers must carry the following documents: Passport and student card when appropriate.
- Passengers must have their travel insurance covering the following: Personal Accidents, Medical Expenses and Loss of Belongings.
- The first 50% deposit will be at 24 Hrs. confirmed the availability of spaces since the Inka Trail has a greater demand for visitors.
- The remaining balance of 50% will be paid 20 days before the Adventure Tour.
- All trips that are canceled 15 days prior to the trip departure will be subject to the withholding of cancellation fees for services already paid.