It is a new alternative after the Inca trail, where you can discover its natural attractions and the warm contact of local people. The road is suitable for those with an adventurous spirit, free minded and not having vertigo problems. This Inca Jungle tour between tropical forests is a famous and offered route that involves the activities of cycling (approximately 55 km) and a walk to the town of Aguas Calientes. During the tour of this Inca trail it involves the visits of some archeological groups, making the descent by bicycle to the base of the town of Santa Maria (High Jungle), walking, and visiting the park of Machu Picchu. Additionally, on the 4th day we will take the advantage of visiting the citadel of Machu Picchu in the middle of a mystical sunrise. Accommodations are basic except in the town of hot water that is more comfortable.
|Duration:||4 Days / 3 Nights.|
|Altitude:||2,050 – 4,200 m.a.s.l.|
||April – November.|
||Cusco – Santa Maria – Santa Teresa – Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu.|
DAY 1: CUSCO – SANTA MARÍA (APPROXIMATE BIKE DESCENT 04:00 TO 05:00 HOURS)
Pick up from their respective hotels in the morning at 07:00 a.m., we leave Cusco by private transport to the Sacred Valley of the Incas, observing beautiful landscapes and towns such as Chinchero, Ollantaytambo; then we ascend the road where we will see Inca platforms, until we reach the Apu Abra Málaga at (4,350 meters above sea level, where you can see snowfalls like the “Wakaywillka” (Veronica) 5,650 meters above sea level, arriving at approximately 12:00 pm from here we begin the descent in bike through the high-Andean region towards the High Forest; where we can appreciate the flora and fauna and feel the climate change, passing through towns such as: Alfa May, Huamanmarca (we will have a stop to visit these places), Amaybamba, Huyro, appreciating the landscape and crossing rivers, until we reach our destination, Santa María where we will have our dinner and the first night.
DAY 2: SANTA MARÍA – SANTA TERESA (08:00 HOURS WALK)
We get up early in the morning 06:00 Hours a.m., after breakfast we start walking along the banks of the Urubamba River approximately. 2 km Then we will climb the horseshoe path that will take us to the ancient Inca trail in the middle of the high jungle, we will appreciate animals from the region and fruit trees until we reach the entrance of the Wamanqasa mountain, the highest point, where we will have 5 km of walk through bleachers impressive, we will have a view towards the snowy Salkantay (6,265 m.a.s.l.). Then we will continue our trek through the valley to reach our lunch in the town of Qellomayo, approximately. at noon. Then we will continue our way in the direction of the thermal baths of Cocalmayo arriving approximately. at 04:00 or 05:00 hours p.m. And then 30 min. walking to the town of Santa Teresa; Second night dinner
DAY 3: SANTA TERESA – AGUAS CALIENTES (HIKING APPROXIMATELY 05:00 TO 06:00 HOURS)
We wake up in the morning 07:00 Hours am, after breakfast we start walking along the Urubamba river bank, crossing bridges, appreciating waterfalls until we reach the Hydroelectric site where you can see the Machu Picchu mountain in front (brief visit to Intiwatana), we will follow the road by train until we reach the place of our lunch at km 116; After a good rest, we will continue the journey arriving at 03:00 or 04:00 p.m. Approximately. to the town of Aguas Calientes. Dinner and lodging.
DAY 4: VISIT TO THE ARCHAEOLOGICAL PARK OF MACHU PICCHU – CUSCO
After our breakfast, we take one of the first buses that will take us to the citadel of Machu Picchu, which with a little luck we will have a beautiful sunrise. Your guide will help you discover its enclosures, archaeological engineering as well as its great history and culture of the Incas. Then you will have free time to entertain yourself with the flames and show your photographic skills. Those who still have more energy, have the option to climb the mountain of Huayna Picchu, where they can have one of the best views over the citadel of Machu Picchu. Then you will descend to re-enter the town of Aguas Calientes where you take the train to Ollantaytambo and then continue by bus to Cusco (arrival at 22:00 p.m. approximately).
- Pick up from hotel at 07:00 a.m.
- Private tourist transport
- Bicycle gloves and helmet
- 3 breakfasts, 3 lunches and 3 dinners
- 3 nights of hostel
- Professional guide in English / Spanish (Request Language)
- Entrance to the Sanctuary of Machu Picchu
- Bus up: Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu
- Return train from Aguas Calientes – Ollantaytambo and bus to Cusco.
- First aid kit.
- Lunch on the last day
- Bus down: Machu Picchu – Aguas Calientes (this is possible on foot and takes 01:20 Hrs. Or also the possibility of buying a ticket and it costs $ 12.00 per person)
NEEDED TO BRING
- Medium backpack
- Adventure clothing, jacket, light pants and polo shirts (for each day).
- rain poncho and warm jacket for the return.
- Hiking shoes
- Mosquito repellent.
- Purifying tablets
- Extra money.
- All rates are expressed in US dollars (optional for currency exchange) and are scheduled per person.
- Rates valid only for Peruvians include IGV.
- All our rates are subject to availability and change.
- The Deposit is not refundable.
- There is no deposit refund when the visitor decides to leave the trip.
- All passengers must carry the following documents: Passport and student card when appropriate.
- Passengers must have their travel insurance covering the following: Personal Accidents, Medical Expenses and Loss of Belongings.
- The first 50% deposit will be at 24 Hrs. confirmed the availability of spaces since the Inka Trail has a greater demand for visitors.
- The remaining balance of 50% will be paid 20 days before the Adventure Tour.
- All trips that are canceled 15 days prior to the trip departure will be subject to the withholding of cancellation fees for services already paid.