The wonder of the Inca Trail with connection to the citadel of Machu Picchu, is to talk about our Inca ancestors within a great Empire. Inca kings such as Pachacutec, Tupac Yupanqui and Huayna Capac who were important rulers, participate in a structure in the political change, religion, organization and construction of important archaeological remains and restorations that are frequently made and better understand a whole philosophy ancestral within a complex region of Vilcabamba with immense ecological appeal
This road is an excellent way to appreciate the well-known connection route as “Nobility of the Inca Trail”. The only one that leads us in a semi-tropical forest, with a huge variety of orchids. That in the deepest part of this canyon runs in a serpentine way the Willkamayu River or “Sacred River”, known by the Incas. There are important archaeological complexes such as Llactapata, Wayllabamba, Runkuraqay, Sayacmarca, Phuyupatamarca, Inti pata, Wiñayhuayna and Inti Punku; that lead the lost city of the Incas “Machu Picchu”.
|Duration:||6 Days / 5 Nights.|
|Altitude:||2,350 – 5,200 m.a.s.l.|
||Cusco – Mollepata – Soraypampa – Collpapampa – Lucmabamba – Machu Picchu|
DAY 01: CUSCO
Arrival to the city of Cusco, Reception and Transfer by a Representative of Our Agency to the selected Hotel. Rest of the day off to acclimatize to the height of 3,350 m.a.s.l. Approx.
Briefing at the Hotel to give the latest recommendations of the Tour at approximately 18:00 p.m.
** Accommodation in Cusco.
DAY 02: CUSCO– MOLLEPATA – MARKOKASA – SORAYPAMPA.
04:30 in the morning pick up from the hotel, we will start our journey in our Tourist Transport passing through high Andean villages, at approximately 09:00 a.m. We will arrive at Mollepata, where we will have a delicious breakfast and it is from this point that we will begin our walk until we reach Tres Cruces, where we will have lunch with a spectacular view of the Limatambo Valley, we will continue our walk towards Markokasa. Choquekiclla, from this point we can see the Apus Salkantay and Humantay, at approximately 16:30 p.m. We will arrive at Soraypampa, (3,500 m.a.s.l.), where we will camp.
DAY 03: SORAYPAMPA– SALKANTAY PAMPA– STEP SALKANTAY TREK – COLLPAMPA
This day we will pass at the foot of the Apu Salkantay, we will see the lovely geography area just below us. In the place called Salkantay Pass (5,200 m.a.s.l.) we will have an Inca ceremony, through which we will request permission to pass and have a fabulous and unforgettable trip. This ceremony is known as payment to the Earth or Pachamama (Jaywarikuy), we will have lunch at the point called Huayrac. We will begin to descend towards Challhuay pampa, following at the same time the course of the Salkantay river, at this point we will have the opportunity to see the more beautiful Andean landscapes, in this place we will camp. (2,900 m.a.s.l. approx.).
DAY 04: COLLPAPAMPA – LA PLAYA-LUCMABAMBA
The road is already more stable, we will have the opportunity to enjoy the landscape that hides this part, the high Andean jungle makes our trip more unforgettable, we can appreciate many species of flowers, among Orchids and ferns, birds of different colors, we will have the opportunity to taste some fruits such as granadilla, orange, banana among others. After lunch in the sector called the Beach, we take a transport that will take us to the hydroelectric plant and from there we will start a walk to the town of Aguas Calientes.
** Accommodation in Aguas Calientes.
DAY 05: MACHU PICCHU – CUSCO
At 6:00 am. After breakfast we take the bus that will take us to the Inca City of Machu Picchu, we will have approximately 2 hours a visit to the most important enclosures with your guide, then you can explore the mysterious city at your own pace. At a coordinated hour we take the bus down to the town of Aguas Calientes. At the agreed time we will take the train back to the Ollantaytambo Station where a Transfer awaits us and then go to the Bus that will take us to the City of Cusco.
** Accommodation in Cusco.
** Optional: Buffet lunch in Machu Picchu: The Mapy Restaurant with an additional cost of $ 25.00 (Does not include cold or hot drinks)
DAY 06: CUSCO
Breakfast at the hotel. At an agreed time transfer to the airport to take our departure flight.
Itineraries are subject to change until the time of booking. Camps may vary depending on the weather and health status of travelers. The train included in all excursions is tourist, and the train schedule is only confirmed day before the start of the trip, if you joined a group day before the start of the tour, we cannot guarantee that you travel on the same train as the rest of the group.
- Transfers In / Out in Cusco
- 02 Nights accommodation in Cusco with breakfast.
- Transfers in and out.
- Transportation Cusco-Mollepata. (Start of Walk)
- Professional Tourism Guide.
- 02 nights in camp.
- 01 night accommodation in Aguas Calientes with breakfast.
- Entrance tickets to Machu Picchu.
- Camping equipment (Tents, bathroom store, dining room, table and chairs).
- Cook (Kitchen Equipment)
- 3 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 3 snacks, 3 different dinners and snacks to eat throughout the day “do not include breakfast on day 1 and meals after breakfast on the last day (day 4)”
- The Food includes: flakes, tortillas, soups, fresh fruit and spaghetti, chicken, fish, meat and rice, all rich in carbohydrates and very convenient for the walk, hot drinks including coca leaf tea that is excellent for the altitude. In the case that it is Vegan notify in advance.
- Tea and snacks for each day (tea, coffee, wantan, popcorn and biscuit).
- First aid kit
- First aid kit.
- 01 Oxygen Balloon.
- Horses (who carry tents, food and cooking utensils)
- Horses (to load the canvas bags)
- Waterproof and quad stores “02 people per tent”
- 01 sleeping mat per person
- Return train ticket Aguas Calientes / Cusco in tourist service, and transfer to the hotel in Cusco.
- National or international air tickets.
- Services not detailed in the program.
- Breakfast 1st Day
- Lunch in Aguas Calientes – 4th day.
- sleeping bag
- Extra carrier
- Life insurance.
- Additional nights due to bad weather
- Personal care items.
- All rates are expressed in US dollars (optional for currency exchange) and are scheduled per person.
- Rates valid only for Peruvians include IGV.
- All our rates are subject to availability and change.
- The Deposit is not refundable.
- There is no deposit refund when the visitor decides to leave the trip.
- All passengers must carry the following documents: Passport and student card when appropriate.
- Passengers must have their travel insurance covering the following: Personal Accidents, Medical Expenses and Loss of Belongings.
- The first 50% deposit will be at 24 Hrs. confirmed the availability of spaces since the Inka Trail has a greater demand for visitors.
- The remaining balance of 50% will be paid 20 days before the Adventure Tour.
- All trips that are canceled 15 days prior to the trip departure will be subject to the withholding of cancellation fees for services already paid.