||Cusco – Limatambo – Killarumiyoc – Chonta – Mirador del Cóndor.|
Enjoy the majestic Flight of the Andean Condor in its natural habitat, a tourist route known as the Cóndor Cusqueño Canyon in the town of Chonta – Limatambo, it is a highly recommended tour for lovers of Andean culture and birdwatchers.
This Tour is currently a new alternative of tours that the City of Cusco has for visitors who want to see something different, during the trip to the Condor Canyon we can appreciate beautiful natural and cultural attractions such as: the Archaeological Zone of Killarumiyoc, Tarawasi and different Natural attractions such as mountains, ravines, rivers and snow-capped mountains, Apu Pucara, Snowfall The Humantay & Salkantay, finally we will witness the majestic Andean Condor Flight in its Natural Habitat.
The Condor Canyon is the Andean Condor Natural Sanctuary, called the Sacred Bird of the Incas, this place offers visitors the majestic flight of this Sacred Bird in its natural habitat and the impressive Apurimac Canyon with more than 1,500 meters deep, here is the home of the Condors where they sleep and nest.
Pick up from the Hotel at 08:00 am, then we will travel along the Cusco – Limatambo route along a very well paved road for approximately 2 hours, along this trip we will visit 2 very important archaeological areas such as Killarumiyoc (called as the Temple of the Luna and fertility), Tarawasi (Tambo Inca), continuing our journey along the very well paved track to the (Huayronca Bridge) from where we will take an unpaved route to the Community of Chonta, this trip will be of ascent until 3,400 m.a.s.l, during this trip we will make stops at some key points to take photos with the Salkantay Snowy and with the Limatambo Valley, we will arrive at the Town of Chonta between 12:00 pm. where we will enjoy our delicious lunch watching the Salkantay Snowy.
Later we will begin our walk of approximately 1 hour and a half along a wide road to the Viewpoint Cóndor Canyon 3,350 m.a.s.l, from this point we will have the opportunity to witness the impressive Andean condor in its natural habitat, we will be located in the viewpoint and hope that The Condors return to their nests after their daily activities, this wait will not be for a long time since the Condors normally return in the afternoon between 03:00 p.m. to their nests, Here you will have a very good opportunity to see and photograph the condors from a very close distance and for an average of 2 hours more flying in front of you.
After enjoying the impressive flight of the Andean condor we will return walking to the town of Chonta and then in our car to the City of Cusco. We will arrive approximately 20:00 Hrs.
Important: This day’s breakfast will depend on the time of departure transfer from the hotel.
The excursion hours will be reconfirmed at destination.
THE TOUR INCLUDES
- Pick up from the Hotel.
- Private tourist transport.
- Services with Bilingual Professional Guidance (Spanish or English).
- 01 lunch at a Local Restaurant.
- Entrance tickets included (Condor Canyon)
- Services not detailed in the program.
- Snacks, Beverages (Mineral Water among others).
- All rates are expressed in US dollars (optional for currency exchange) and are scheduled per person.
- Rates valid only for Peruvians include IGV.
- All our rates are subject to availability and change.
- Children under 02 years 11 months are considered INF (infant), do not pay for any service, and have no right to food, bed or seat on tours.
- Children from 03 years to 10 years 11 months are considered CHD (child), have a special rate and share a room with their parents.
- Children over 11 years considered as adults.
- Minors must travel with an identity document.
- Rates do not apply for holidays, Easter, Long Weekends, National Holidays, Christmas or New Year.