|Temperature:||9 ° C.|
|Places:||Puno – Cathedral – Deustua Arch – Barco Yavari Museum.|
The Puno City, capital of the department of the same name, located on the shores of Lake Titicaca, at 3,812 m.a.s.l., and is the most important urban center of the Peruvian highlands, with an approximate population of 120,000 inhabitants. On our tour we will visit the Minor Basilica of the Cathedral, built in the Main Square between the 17th and 18th centuries. Built in granite stone, it sports an imposing carved cover, in the baroque transition style. It consists of a single ship, in Latin cross, also considered the Sanctuary of the Candelaria, where the Feast of the Patron Candelaria of the City and the Declaration of Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity (UNESCO) is held every year.
Deustua Arch, located north of the city. It is a monument in stone surrounded by pillars distributed in two semicircles, by way of viewpoints, and that was erected in tribute to the Patriots who succumbed in the battles of Junín and Ayacucho. City viewpoints like; the Cerrito de Huajsapata and the Puma Uta, with a colorful view of the city and the Bay of Puno and the Capachica and Chucuito Peninsulas.
Museum – Yavari Boat, anchored on the banks of the Titicaca at 3 Kms. From the city center in front of the Sonesta Posada del Inca Hotel. Important piece of the iron era, considered the only English piece that still retains its original and historical originality, which was brought across the southern Andes on the back of a mule in 1862.
This day’s breakfast will depend on the time of departure transfer from the hotel.
The excursion hours will be reconfirmed at destination.
- Bring a jacket with you.
- Caps, hats and sunscreen.
- Comfortable walking shoes.
- Pick up from the Hotel.
- Professional Bilingual Guide (Spanish / English).
- Tourist transport.
- Income to churches.
- All rates are expressed in US dollars (optional for currency exchange) and are scheduled per person.
- Rates valid only for Peruvians include IGV.
- All our rates are subject to availability and change.
- Children under 02 years 11 months are considered INF (infant), do not pay for any service, and have no right to food, bed or seat on tours.
- Children from 03 years to 10 years 11 months are considered CHD (child), have a special rate and share a room with their parents.
- Children over 11 years considered as adults.
- Minors must travel with an identity document.
- Rates do not apply for holidays, Easter, Long Weekends, National Holidays, Christmas or New Year.