The city of Cusco is full of history in its neighborhoods, streets, churches and squares; They all show us a magic that always amazes us no matter the time of day. But not only the historic center of Cusco is amazing, there are also places less than 20 minutes away that present unique stone constructions of its kind.
On this tour you will enjoy an unforgettable experience in the capital of the ancient Inca Empire, the city of Cusco.
||Cathedral – Qorikancha – Sacsayhuaman – Qenqo – Pucapucara – Tambomachay.|
Our tour begins in the afternoon, approximately 13:15 to 13:30 Hrs., A representative of our travel agency will pick you up from your Hotel and we will go to our first destination:
The Cathedral of Cusco
Is the first site we will visit, it is located in the Main Square of Cusco; It was built in 1560, on the Inca palace of Wiracocha, in this wonderful religious construction you can see beautiful wood carvings, embossed silver works and approximately 300 paintings of the Cusqueña School.
Qorikancha or Temple of the Sun
It is one of the most important religious centers of the Inca empire, and it is definitely one of the best examples of the fusion of Inca and Spanish cultures. It is located 2 blocks from the Main Square of Cusco; It houses paintings from the Cusqueña School and Inca structures that are true works of art.
Saqsayhuaman or Sun Real House
It is one of the most enigmatic places on the planet, its 3 superimposed platforms 390 m long, were built with “huge carved stones” and embedded with incredible precision; You will appreciate stones up to nine meters high and over 120 tons in weight. This place is the head of the cougar formed by the original layout of the imperial city of Cusco. Here the Inti Raymi or Fiesta al Sol is celebrated, on June 24 of each year.
It is located one km from Sacsayhuaman and will be your next stop, it was an astronomical cult center, and Inca ceremonial; It was dedicated to Mother Earth. In this place, a space called the amphitheater stands out, since the Incas had to place their dead in their trapezoidal niches; At present, only half of the original structure remains.
It will be the next place you will visit, it is 10 minutes from Qenqo and is known as the red fortress, this thanks to the amount of iron present in its stones. It follows that this place was used as a military post and resting place, and it is possible that its function was that of military space.
It is the last site of the Cusco City Tour, it is just 100 meters from Pucapucara; It was used as a center of worship and worship of water. The enclosure is formed by a set of finely carved rocks, waterfalls, canals and aqueducts fed by nearby springs that come from the Snowy Water Eyes.
Important: The hours of the excursions will be reconfirmed at the destination.
THE TOUR INCLUDES
- Pick up from the Hotel to the Tour.
- Services with Bilingual Professional Guide (Spanish or English).
- Entrance fees to the attractions included (BTP, Cathedral and Qorikancha).
THE TOUR DOES NOT INCLUDE
- National or international air tickets.
- Services not detailed in the program.
- All rates are expressed in US dollars (optional for currency exchange) and are scheduled per person.
- Rates valid only for Peruvians include IGV.
- All our rates are subject to availability and change.
- Children under 02 years 11 months are considered INF (infant), do not pay for any service, and have no right to food, bed or seat on tours.
- Children from 03 years to 10 years 11 months are considered CHD (child), have a special rate and share a room with their parents.
- Children over 11 years considered as adults.
- Minors must travel with an identity document.
- Rates do not apply for holidays, Easter, Long Weekends, National Holidays, Christmas or New Year.