A minimum of 2 people is required, for the group Ausangate tour.
The snow of Ausangate is at (6,398 m.a.s.l.), is considered, one of the most beautiful snow in the Andes. The trip in mobility is 04 hours from Cusco to Tinqui (3,900 m.a.s.l.), it is an excellent combination, due to the temperature change in such a high ecological level of constant unevenness. Ausangate is from picturesque mountains, glaciers, lagoons, rivers, etc. The hospitality of its people, maintains and preserves the knowledge of respect for the natural from the mountains to their farmland that is the livelihood of the peasant experience. This is the place of camelids such as Vicuna, Alpaca and llama; Appreciated for the fine quality of wool and meat.
Note: We will ascend to 5,200 m.a.s.l. with a combination of extreme weather, this hike can be from a medium to difficult level. We always recommend being physically fit, acclimatizing and being healthy.
|Duration:||6 Days / 5 Nights.|
|Altitude:||3,900 – 4,900 m.a.s.l.|
|Difficulty: ||Medium – Difficult.|
|Season: ||May – November.|
|Places:||Cusco – Tinqui – Upis – Arapa Pass – Ausangate Lagoon – Palomani Pass – Jampa – Pacchanta.|
DAY 1: CUSCO – URCOS – TINQUI
In the morning, we take our transport to the town of Tinqui. Along the way we observe small hamlets where we take advantage of knowing the Andean customs and traditions. The surroundings of the Catca Valley, it is time to enjoy the picnic. Then we continue to the town of Tinqui (3,900 m.a.s.l.), where we spend the night camping. Cold weather; Transportation time is 05:00 Hours.
DAY 2: TINQUI – UPIS
We start the day of hiking to the community of Upis (4,400 m.a.s.l.). In the course of the road we will have the possibility to visit some families where they show us the great quality of textiles designed to honor the nature and Andean symbols. Upis is our camp with the possibility of having fun in the thermal baths. The weather is cold in this area. Walking time is 06:00 Hrs. approximately.
DAY 3: UPIS – PAS ARAPA – YANA COCHA – EXTREME AUSANGATE STEP – LAGUNA AUSANGATE
After our breakfast we start the morning of ascent to the first step known as Arapa (4,800 m.a.s.l.), then the depth of Yanacocha (4.500 m.a.s.l.), where we have our Picnic. We continue the ascent to Ausangate Extreme Pass (4,850 m.a.s.l.), and finally we take the edge of Ausangate (4,650 m.a.s.l.), to our camp. The weather is cold in this area. Walking time is 07:00 Hrs. approximately.
DAY 4: LAGUNA AUSANGATE – PASOM PALOMANI – JAMPA
It is the most arduous day and at the same time perhaps the most beautiful for the ascent to the highest pass of this expedition; Palomani (5,200 m.a.s.l.), where the view is so close to the mountains and glaciers of Ausangate. We descend to the Finaya pampa valley and then our camp is Jampa (4,700 m.a.s.l.). Walking time is 08:00 Hrs. approximately.
DAY 5: JAMPA – CAMPA PASO – PACCHANTA
The presence of another imposing ascent is the Campa pass (5100 m.a.s.l.), then between numerous lagoons we head to Pacchanta (4,350 m.a.s.l.), the night of our camp. Pachanta is the place where we take the thermal baths and enjoy a great dinner typical of the region. Walking time is 06:00 Hrs. approximately.
DAY 6: PACCHANTA – TINQUI – CUSCO
After our breakfast, we start the trek to the town of Tinqui (3850 m.s.n.m), where we take our transportation to the city of Cusco (3,350 m.s.n.m). Walking time is 03:00 Hrs. approximately.
SENSITIZE / WORK OF SOCIAL PROPERTY
By way of sensitization; The Ausangate community is one of the places where poverty has touched every family that mostly lives from farming with their own traditions and customs. Then the initiative of a small group of farmers and our part; We feel committed to support doing works of social good. These voluntary donations could be very useful such as clothing that no longer uses them, notebooks or pens. These details will be well appreciated and grateful for the peasant family.
- Transportation from the hotel to the town of Tinqui (public round trip transportation by car, minimum 2 passengers)
- Transportation from Tinqui to Cusco
- Entrance to Ausangate Park
- Professional bilingual guide
- High quality camping equipment (professional tent, Doite Model Cima 4, extra light / 4.5kgs wide for 2 passengers. Mats, dining tent with table and chairs, toilet tent).
- Meals during the excursion (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and Snacks / Vegetarian option)
- Cook and cooking equipment
- Muleteers and mules, for all our camping equipment and personal customer equipment
- Emergency horse (From 02 passengers)
- First aid kit, oxygen and ropes
- Breakfast on the 1st day
- Sleeping bag (If you do not have this one, we offer you)
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO BRING?
Backpack, sleeping bag, warm and cold weather clothing such as waterproof jacket, fleece, pants and trekking shoes, polo shirts, rain poncho, hat, scarf, sunscreen and alcohol gel disinfectant. Water bottle and purifying tablet. Camera (wrapped in plastic bag), flashlight and batteries. Small snack selected as a bar of chocolates and dried fruits. Original passport and extra money in soles.
We guarantee departure to Ausangate for 06 days in a group (SIC), with a minimum of 02 passengers. Therefore, the departure from Cusco to Tinqui is by public transport and the return from Tinqui to Cusco is in a private mobility. Request more information about Ausangate 06 days.
- All rates are expressed in US dollars (optional for currency exchange) and are scheduled per person.
- Rates valid only for Peruvians include IGV.
- All our rates are subject to availability and change.
- The Deposit is not refundable.
- There is no deposit refund when the visitor decides to leave the trip.
- All passengers must carry the following documents: Passport and student card when appropriate.
- Passengers must have their travel insurance covering the following: Personal Accidents, Medical Expenses and Loss of Belongings.
- The first 50% deposit will be at 24 Hrs. confirmed the availability of spaces since the Inka Trail has a greater demand for visitors.
- The remaining balance of 50% will be paid 20 days before the Adventure Tour.
- All trips that are canceled 15 days prior to the trip departure will be subject to the withholding of cancellation fees for services already paid.