A minimum of 02 people is required for the group Ausangate tour. A hike in the Cordillera del Vilcanota that literally “cuts your breath,” on a route called “Camino del Apu Ausangate (6.398 m.a.s.l.)”, near the highest sacred mountain in the Cusco region. The “Apu” is the bearer of life and the guardian of one of the most pristine ecosystems in the world.
The shepherds of the community of Chillca are the owners of the llamas and the horses that will accompany us on our walk and that at the same time will load our luggage and logistics equipment. They will proudly share with us their land and their inspiring world. On some nights, they will sing their authentic traditional music will be presented in the “tambos” by members of the community.
Note We will climb to 5200 m.a.s.l. Combined with very cold weather, this can be from a medium to difficult level. Then we recommend being physically fit, acclimatizing and being healthy.
|Duration:||5 Days / 4 Nights.|
|Altitude:||3,900 – 4,900 m.a.s.l.|
||Medium – Difficult.|
||May – November.|
||Cusco – Tinqui – Upis – Arapa Pass – Ausangate Lagoon – Palomani Pass – Jampa – Pacchanta.|
DAY 1: CUSCO – URCOS – TINQUI – UPIS
At 05:30 a.m., we take our vehicle to the town of Tinqui. Along the way we will observe small communities (each with its own customs and traditions). Tinqui (3,900 m.a.s.l.), is the place where our team of carriers awaits us to begin the walk. Along the way we have the possibility to visit some Andean families and observe the camelids (Llamas and Alpacas) at more than 4,000 m.a.s.l. Tall. Upis (4,400 m.a.s.l.) is the place of our camp. The weather is cold in this area.
Transportation time is 03:00 Hrs. Walking time is 06:00 Hrs. approximately.
DAY 2: UPIS – PAS ARAPA – YANA COCHA – EXTREME STEP AUSANGATE – LAGUNA AUSANGATE
After our breakfast we start a morning of ascent to the first step known as Arapa (4,800 m.a.s.l.), then the depth of Yanacocha (4,500 m.a.s.l.), where we have our Picnic. We continue the ascent to the Passage called Extreme Ausangate (4,850 m.a.s.l.), and finally we take the edge of the Ausangate (4.650 m.a.s.l.), it is the place of our camp. The weather is cold in this area. Walking time is 07:00 Hrs. approximately.
DAY 3: LAGUNA AUSANGATE – PASS PALOMANI – JAMPA
It is the most arduous day and at the same time the most beautiful and beautiful for the ascent to the highest pass of this expedition; Palomani (5,200 m.a.s.l.), where the view is so close to the mountains and glaciers of Ausangate. We descend to the Finaya pampa valley and our camp will be in Jampa (4,700 m.a.s.l.). Walking time is 08:00 Hrs. approximately.
DAY 4: JAMPA – CAMPA PASS – PACCHANTA
The other presence of the imposing ascent is the Campa pass (5,100 m.a.s.l.), then among numerous lagoons we head to Pacchanta (4,350 m.a.s.l.), the night of our camp will be at. Pachanta is the place where we take the thermal baths and enjoy a great dinner typical of the region. Walking time is approximately 06:00 Hrs.
DAY 5: PACCHANTA – TINQUI – CUSCO
After our breakfast, we start the trek to the town of Tinqui (3.850 m.a.s.l.), where we take our transportation to the city of Cusco (3,350 m.a.s.l.). Walking time is 03:00 Hrs. approximately.
- Transportation from the hotel to the town of Tinqui
- Transportation from Tinqui to Cusco
- Entrance to Ausangate Park
- Professional guide English / Spanish (Request Language)
- High quality camping equipment (professional tent, Doite Model Cima 4, extra light / 4.5kgs wide for 2 passengers. Mats, dining tent with table and chairs, toilet tent).
- Meals during the excursion (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and Snacks / Vegetarian option)
- Cook and cooking equipment
- Horses and mules, for all our staff and camping equipment
- Emergency horse
- First aid kit and oxygen bottle
- Breakfast on the 1st day
- Sleeping bag (If you do not have this one, we offer you)
- All rates are expressed in US dollars (optional for currency exchange) and are scheduled per person.
- Rates valid only for Peruvians include IGV.
- All our rates are subject to availability and change.
- The Deposit is not refundable.
- There is no deposit refund when the visitor decides to leave the trip.
- All passengers must carry the following documents: Passport and student card when appropriate.
- Passengers must have their travel insurance covering the following: Personal Accidents, Medical Expenses and Loss of Belongings.
- The first 50% deposit will be at 24 Hrs. confirmed the availability of spaces since the Inka Trail has a greater demand for visitors.
- The remaining balance of 50% will be paid 20 days before the Adventure Tour.
- All trips that are canceled 15 days prior to the trip departure will be subject to the withholding of cancellation fees for services already paid.