The Ausangate mountain range is located in the Vilcanota mountain range in the department of Cusco. This is one of the most remote high Andean areas of Peru and offers a spectacular circuit that makes a long and difficult journey along snow-capped peaks, lagoons, ice caverns, and hot springs. In addition, this represents the culture of a thousand years.
|Duration:||4 Days / 3 Nights.|
|Altitude:||3,900 – 4,900 m.a.s.l.|
||Medium – Difficult.|
||May – November.|
||Cusco – Singrena Cocha -Añasñiyucpampa – Pacchanta – Tinqui.|
DAY 1: CUSCO – MALLMA – SINGRENA COCHA
Our trip starts early in the morning we head towards Mallma (3.900 m.a.s.l.), the town is located southeast of the city of Cusco, in this place we will meet the rest of the team. During our journey in a transport, we will pass several small Andean villages and enjoy the pleasant view of the landscape. In Mallma we will start the excursion for approximately 02:00 Hrs. place that at the same time will be our camp on the shore of Singrena Cocha the lagoon (4.200 m.a.s.l.). Transportation time: 05:00 Hrs. Walking time is 02:00 Hrs.
DAY 2: SINGRENA COCHA – TARAPATA PASO – AÑASÑIYUCPAMPA
The sunrise over the Vilcanota Mountain Range is spectacular and offers a beautiful view of the glaciers and lagoons around us. The region offers a great variety of flowers and plants, such as the Andean Cactus. In addition, this area is home to camelids, chinchilla, condor and puma. After having passed the Tarapata Pass (4,600 m.a.s.l.) we will descend to the Añasñiyucpampa Valley (4,200 m.a.s.l.), our campsite. Walking time is 07:00 Hrs.
DAY 3: AÑASÑIYUCPAMPA – PUPUSAYOC PASO – PACCHANTA
The day begins with a walk to the Pass of Pupusayoc (4,900 m.a.s.l.), from where we will have an impressive view of several mountains, such as Callangati and Ausangate. From that moment, we will begin to descend and at the same time it will be the place of our camp in the community of Pacchanta (4,300 m.a.s.l.). In the afternoon we will relax in the pools or hot waters and at night we will have a typical dinner of the Pachamanca region. Walking time is 06:00 Hrs.
DAY 4: PACCHANTA – TINQUI – CUSCO
After breakfast, we will go to the town of Tinqui (3,850 m.a.s.l.). From here, we will take the transport to return to the city of Cusco. Walking time is 04:00 Hrs. Transport time is estimated at 03:00 Hrs.
SENSITIZE / WORK OF SOCIAL PROPERTY
By way of sensitization; The Ausangate community is one of the places where poverty has touched every family that mostly lives from farming with their own traditions and customs. Then the initiative of a small group of farmers and our part; We feel committed to support doing works of social good. These voluntary donations could be very useful such as clothing that no longer uses them, notebooks or pens. These details will be well appreciated and grateful for the peasant family.
- Private Transportation from the hotel to Mallma
- Private Transportation of Tinqui Return to your hotel in Cusco
- Entrance to Ausangate Park
- Professional Guide Spanish / English (Request Language)
- High quality camping equipment (professional tents, Doite Cima 4 model, extra light / 4,5kgs for two people. Mattresses, dining room with table and chairs, bathroom tent)
- Meals during the excursion (Breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks, vegetarian food option)
- Cook and cooking equipment
- Horses and mules, for all our staff and camping equipment
- Emergency horse
- First aid kit and oxygen bottle
- The sleeping bag (if you do not have a sleeping bag, we offer you for your rental)
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO BRING?
Backpack, sleeping bag, warm and cold weather clothing such as waterproof jacket, fleece, pants and trekking shoes, polo shirts, rain poncho, hat, scarf, sunscreen and alcohol gel disinfectant. Water bottle and purifying tablet. Camera (wrapped in plastic bag), flashlight and batteries. Small snack selected as a bar of chocolates and dried fruits. Original passport and extra money in soles.
- During our trip, we will climb to 4,900 m.a.s.l. Combined with the extreme weather this trip can be unforgettable. We want this trip to be the best of all your trips, therefore, please make sure that you must be well physically and acclimatized, you must be in good health.
- Since the weather can be very cold and humid, once wet your clothes will not dry at night. Then take some clothes to change.
- All rates are expressed in US dollars (optional for currency exchange) and are scheduled per person.
- Rates valid only for Peruvians include IGV.
- All our rates are subject to availability and change.
- The Deposit is not refundable.
- There is no deposit refund when the visitor decides to leave the trip.
- All passengers must carry the following documents: Passport and student card when appropriate.
- Passengers must have their travel insurance covering the following: Personal Accidents, Medical Expenses and Loss of Belongings.
- The first 50% deposit will be at 24 Hrs. confirmed the availability of spaces since the Inka Trail has a greater demand for visitors.
- The remaining balance of 50% will be paid 20 days before the Adventure Tour.
- All trips that are canceled 15 days prior to the trip departure will be subject to the withholding of cancellation fees for services already paid.